Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

first of all, i haven't logged on here in FOREVER, so hello again everyone :)

i just wanted to know if anyone has had positive results from drinking lemon water and/or applying it topically to your face? i've read the reviews on this site and they seem pretty promising, i just would like to hear some personal stories. also, for applying it topically, i'd like to know the best way to do that. should i combine it with anything?

anyone willing to answer some continuous questions till i find a secure regimen will be greatly appreciated!

I did drink it for three days diluted in water. I think it began dissolving my teeth because their enamel began feeling very different. I used common sense and stopped. A few months later I read that lemon juice, even diluted in water, wears down tooth enamel... promoting cavities and other problems.

Lemon juice is also a mild diuretic so you may find yourself urinating more frequently. I'm not sure what lemon juice can really do for you other than strengthen your immune system (it's high in Vitamin C) and make you shed water weight.

yeah, i know about it wearing down your enamel but i plan on drinking it through a straw, i'll be careful. i know that it is good for you overall but i just want to see if anyone's really seen an improvement in their skin while doing this. thanks for the info though!

again, anyone who's tried it topically too?

drinking it internallly is good for cleansing your insides but topically ive tried it and it didnt work out to well for me maybe because i got discouraged after noticing a couple new pimples form so i just stopped using it completly

its a good internal cleanser but yes it does wear down on the enamel because it is acidic.

stay away from carbonated drinks as well. since its carbonated (carbon dioxide gas dissolved in water) it is acidic (carbonic acid).

lemons, internal and external, are the most effective treatments i've ever tried. but i still had to get on accutane eventually. they just help me weather the storm.