Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mybreathyourlung

Sudden adult forehead pimples/acne

Hi,

So, most of my life I would get the usual pimple here and there but starting last October I started getting lots of really tiny pimples all over my forehead, and once, maybe twice a month I'll get more like a large acne pimple or two. Right now is the worst at 3, all gathered in one spot. I thought this was due to stress because I had a ton of stuff to deal with in October and I thought it would go away once November rolled around, but nope.

For some background info, I'm 26 and my lifestyle hasn't changed much at all, except it's winter now. I eat very healthy through the week (fruits and vegetables for breakfast and lunch, turkey sandwiches and the like for dinner) and on the weekends I'll indulge a bit and get a hamburger, a nice southern breakfast or maybe ribs. I usually get moderate exercise but now that it's winter I've been pretty lazy.

I don't use that much hair product but when I do, I try and wash it out at the end of the day. Since I don't use much product, I compensate for messy hair with a hat. This may be the culprit but I don't like the idea of not being able to wear a hat ever again so I guess I've been trying to sidestep the issue. I also try and keep a new, clean towel on my pillow every night.

As far as cleaning goes, I use a salt soap to wash my face and for a while I've been using this Neutrogena salicylic acid cream meant for spot treatment for severe acne. It seemed to have worked really well for a while but my forehead seems to have built up an immunity against it now.

I put hydrogen peroxide on the 3 I have right now last night and it dried them up well but I don't see this as a permanent solution. Or is it?

Any help is greatly appreciated, everyone here seems to know their stuff well and it would be nice to get more info and try some new things out. Thanks a lot,

Josh

Hi,

So, most of my life I would get the usual pimple here and there but starting last October I started getting lots of really tiny pimples all over my forehead, and once, maybe twice a month I'll get more like a large acne pimple or two. Right now is the worst at 3, all gathered in one spot. I thought this was due to stress because I had a ton of stuff to deal with in October and I thought it would go away once November rolled around, but nope.

For some background info, I'm 26 and my lifestyle hasn't changed much at all, except it's winter now. I eat very healthy through the week (fruits and vegetables for breakfast and lunch, turkey sandwiches and the like for dinner) and on the weekends I'll indulge a bit and get a hamburger, a nice southern breakfast or maybe ribs. I usually get moderate exercise but now that it's winter I've been pretty lazy.

I don't use that much hair product but when I do, I try and wash it out at the end of the day. Since I don't use much product, I compensate for messy hair with a hat. This may be the culprit but I don't like the idea of not being able to wear a hat ever again so I guess I've been trying to sidestep the issue. I also try and keep a new, clean towel on my pillow every night.

As far as cleaning goes, I use a salt soap to wash my face and for a while I've been using this Neutrogena salicylic acid cream meant for spot treatment for severe acne. It seemed to have worked really well for a while but my forehead seems to have built up an immunity against it now.

I put hydrogen peroxide on the 3 I have right now last night and it dried them up well but I don't see this as a permanent solution. Or is it?

Any help is greatly appreciated, everyone here seems to know their stuff well and it would be nice to get more info and try some new things out. Thanks a lot,

Josh

Pimples on the forehead and on the hairline are usually related to dandruff and dirty hair. I say you should try washing your hair frequently with a dandruff shampoo like Head and Shoulders. Massage onto the scalp and let the shampoo stay for 2-3 minutes. Then wash off. Also change your pillow case everyday. Keep your hair off your face.

I second what acnevictim said. I might go even further and try washing your actual forehead with the H&S (provided it's classic clean type). Or try Nizoral if H&S is too drying.

It worked for me!

Best of luck!