Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I know there are worse diseases, but, God, acne is a curse! Today I was remembering a conversation I had with my mother a while ago, and I, a grown man, was about to cry, telling her that I was tired of having acne. I was not talking about the feeling of having acne, but simply to be in that situation for so long. I have acne since the age of 11, today I'm 20. I do not remember what it's like a normal skin. I do not remember having normal skin. It's a horrible feeling. I know we can enjoy life even with acne, but it is a choice of survival. We do this because we have no choice if we want to have a minimum of happiness. But still... sucks.

I feel you man,acne does sucks.Nothing more embarrassing than this.

You serious? lol

Maybe having one arm, being in a wheel chair your whole life, having leukemia. For lots of children out there who wake up and have birth defects that go through public schooling system, lots of them are ALWAYS being starred at, so I hope you don't ever experience something where you lose a limb, because them maybe acne wouldn't be too embarrassing for you.

Look, I know that probably sounded real asshole of me, but it just sucks to see people get so upset over facial blemishes, everyone has there days of feeling down, but always try and look from another persons point of view. I guarantee if you go to a children's hospital or any form of medical center where young children with missing limbs or life threatening illness' are, I bet they would trade that in a heartbeat for acne

Edited by Vanilla Wafers

I feel you man,acne does sucks.Nothing more embarrassing than this.

You serious? lol

Maybe having one arm, being in a wheel chair your whole life, having leukemia. For lots of children out there who wake up and have birth defects that go through public schooling system, lots of them are ALWAYS being starred at, so I hope you don't ever experience something where you lose a limb, because them maybe acne wouldn't be too embarrassing for you.

Look, I know that probably sounded real asshole of me, but it just sucks to see people get so upset over facial blemishes, everyone has there days of feeling down, but always try and look from another persons point of view. I guarantee if you go to a children's hospital or any form of medical center where young children with missing limbs or life threatening illness' are, I bet they would trade that in a heartbeat for acne

Even normal-looking people will get starred at though, so that's not a valid argument for me. Also, most people aren't going to be assholes to people with missing limbs and cancer right of the bat. That's just from my experience though. Maybe people are just out of their minds there.

Where I'm from, people consider acne to be the result of not caring enough for yourself and being dirty, resulting in being so offensively unattractive to the surrounding human beings that they not only STARE, but have the audacity to make cruel remarks to you on a daily basis.

Here's some food for thought: Think about how many people would support a paralyzed person going through physical therapy to learn how to walk again who have never been paralyzed. Next think about how many people would support a cancer patient going through chemotherapy. Now, think about how many people would support an acne suffer going through an Accutane course. Big gap.

Also, I don't think it's fair to bring these people with other conditions into the argument because, well... They're irrelevant! The fact that we could have Leukemia but don't doesn't mean that we haven't suffered from acne. Also, we aren't suffering from missing limbs or Leukemia, we're suffering from acne, and that's what we base our experiences off of. Having acne. Not another condition.

Who says that having acne is not as mentally traumatic as having a missing limb? There are so many factors that go into it. The only way to know for sure would be to ask people who had each of the conditions you mentioned who also suffered from acne. They're the only legitimate source you'd really have to support your claim.

EDIT: I'm not saying that there isn't something more embarrassing than this, I just want you to think about all of the factors that contribute to how embarrassing something is.

Edited by Jerichoa

So where you're from, when someone walks by with a wheelchair, or has a missing limb, you don't think to yourself "oh man, I feel bad" or be judgmental of the person, because it's human nature, everyone does it. You might not glare at them, but you do your best to avoid making eye contact with the problem, which is on the same level as glaring at them.

Where I'm from, that still happens. However, people are not vocal about it. They're not going to go up to those people and probe them about it and offer solutions to them. Usually when people recognize those kinds of differences in people they're extra nice to them. I could see how that would be annoying too if you want to be independent and people are always opening doors for you or something like that, but it's not as insulting as "Gosh, why do you look so ugly?" or "Why don't you take care of yourself?"

It comes down to hope.

People with acne can have hope that things will get better, and have that possibility.

People without limbs don't have that