Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lau(ren)

Paying it forward

Last summer I stumbled upon acne.org and started the regimen. It wasn't a success story for the first few months, but through trial and error, I've finally found what works for my acne-prone, rosacea-ridden skin. I told myself early on that if I ever achieved healthy skin, I'd pay it forward to try to support other people out there. So here's my routine:

1) Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

2) Clinique Acne Solutions Clearing Moisturizer

3) The Body Shop Seaweed Mattifying Day Cream

I wanted to get a moisturizer with built-in BP; Clinique was the only one I could find. It contains 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide and I spot treat with it. Then I use the mattifying day cream to moisturize the rest of my face. It absorbs straight away, controls shine, and feels weightless. Plus, for some reason, the seaweed is healing my red scars.

Cutting out dairy has also made a difference, though I miss it dearly :] Anyway, that's all I have to contribute! Good luck, guys

I'm surprised that BP has helped since you have rosacea. Typically, BP + rosacea = very irritating. Did you ever try any rosacea topicals(ie metrogel) before you found this regimen?

Edited by Maver1ck