Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sadiemay1987

Please help me - My skin is a mess - wrinkled/furrowed open pores and fine lines everywhere....

Hi there,

Apologies for posting here but I am not sure of where the best place to post would be on this forum.

I was wondering if anyone can advise me as I am so so low that I dont know where to turn or what to do

My facial skin is awful, rough, course texture and my pores appear stretched out and are very large over my entire face, and I have what appear to be tiny wrinkles and furrows all over my face from the stretched pores. I also have some scars from acne when I was younger as you can see. My skin has never been great but it was OK, pimples and spots etc...some lines but nothing I wouldnt class as abnormal UNTIL about 3 years ago. It seems all of a sudden my skin became course, rough and pores started getting huge and stretching into lines all over my face.......as you can see.

I am only 32 years old and I feel like a total and utter freak. No one I know has skin like this nor anyone I have ever come across.

I think I have damaged my skin through harsh cleansing/scrubbing over the years to try and get rid of the spots. Also I used sun beds when I was in my 20's and now I think I have hit my 30's all the damage is becoming visible.

Now I am trying to take more care of my skin but I fear its far too little too late. My quality of life is zero as I feel so ugly and abnormal.

Is my skin a lost cause or is there any procedure/topical treatment you could recommend to restore my skin to some normality or at least improve the appearance?

I have had a VI peel last year which did nothing and I have just completed 6 weekly sessions or Laser Genesis again this did nothing, in fact I think my skin may be worse texture wise.

I am going to start using Renova and also started the Oil Cleansing Method as I think I have stripped my skin with really harsh products and I want to try and start using more natural products.

My skin type is sensitve, oily and blemish prone but also dehydrated in parts and well....as you can see lots of furrowed, streched pores and fine lines on my cheeks and around my mouth and my skin always feels tight which makes me think its dehydrated.

Please...any help or advice would be appreciated as I really am so low I feel like I cannot carry on, not if it means living with my skin as it is.

Many thanks in advance

Sadiemay

post-120486-1265636646_thumb.jpg

post-120486-1265636655_thumb.jpg

post-120486-1265636668_thumb.jpg

post-120486-1265636646_thumb.jpg

post-120486-1265636655_thumb.jpg

post-120486-1265636668_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sadiemay1987

Hi there,

Apologies for posting here but I am not sure of where the best place to post would be on this forum.

I was wondering if anyone can advise me as I am so so low that I dont know where to turn or what to do

My facial skin is awful, rough, course texture and my pores appear stretched out and are very large over my entire face, and I have what appear to be tiny wrinkles and furrows all over my face from the stretched pores. I also have some scars from acne when I was younger as you can see. My skin has never been great but it was OK, pimples and spots etc...some lines but nothing I wouldnt class as abnormal UNTIL about 3 years ago. It seems all of a sudden my skin became course, rough and pores started getting huge and stretching into lines all over my face.......as you can see.

I am only 32 years old and I feel like a total and utter freak. No one I know has skin like this nor anyone I have ever come across.

I think I have damaged my skin through harsh cleansing/scrubbing over the years to try and get rid of the spots. Also I used sun beds when I was in my 20's and now I think I have hit my 30's all the damage is becoming visible.

Now I am trying to take more care of my skin but I fear its far too little too late. My quality of life is zero as I feel so ugly and abnormal.

Is my skin a lost cause or is there any procedure/topical treatment you could recommend to restore my skin to some normality or at least improve the appearance?

I have had a VI peel last year which did nothing and I have just completed 6 weekly sessions or Laser Genesis again this did nothing, in fact I think my skin may be worse texture wise.

I am going to start using Renova and also started the Oil Cleansing Method as I think I have stripped my skin with really harsh products and I want to try and start using more natural products.

My skin type is sensitve, oily and blemish prone but also dehydrated in parts and well....as you can see lots of furrowed, streched pores and fine lines on my cheeks and around my mouth and my skin always feels tight which makes me think its dehydrated.

Please...any help or advice would be appreciated as I really am so low I feel like I cannot carry on, not if it means living with my skin as it is.

Many thanks in advance

Sadiemay

I am very sorry to hear that you are feeling so low. I think it is a good idea to lay off any more harsh products as you said and I would also go to the scar treatment forum here and start looking into "dermarolling" as it is aimed at improving scarring and skin texture.

Skin texture can be improved but it is worth noting that in our 30s collagen production decreases so older looking skin is inevitable but I understand where you are coming from. Rest assured there is hope!

Check out Acnederm.com, you might benefit from LED Lights. They can rebuild the collagen in your skin and help with acne. I use their lights and am happy with my decrease in wrinkles, and my skin looks more even toned. The lines between my eyes are almost un-noticeable now, and my smile lines are gone. I my skin is much more consistent with acne too. I grew up on the beach in California, so I know what you mean about exposing your skin to harmful rays.

Edited by hippi123

dear sadiemay,

i know this message was a while ago, but i was wondering if you've found anything that works. i am 35 and have the exact same problem as you. the only difference is that i was really careful in the sun and have worn sunblock faithfully since i was 16. the little wrinkles that seem to form a line from pore to pore are really bothersome and stress me out. i don't know why this is happening. i have rosacea, too. i have read about oil cleansing method, but with my rosacea, i can't put anything hot or warm on my face (like the warm wash cloth and steam you're supposed to use). if you have found anything to help, i would be so grateful to find out.

thanks so much!

Hello. Try not to be so down on yourself :naughty: We're our own worst critic. My skin looks a lot like yours. Please let me know what you end up using. Good luck to you.

Hi there,

Many thanks in advance

Sadiemay

Hi! My skin looks like yours! I think it was the lasers:(, lots of us are having skin that resembles the same post treatment...sigh. Right now I'm just using emu oil, and my derm put me on epiduo. In a few weeks I have a consult for a chemcial peel, I'll keep you posted. You're not alone, and Im 99% sure it's the laser aftermath. Nothing very much prior.

Your skin looks normal for a 32 year old except for the pitted scar near your lip in picture 3. Sure, you may know people your age with better skin, but yours is no worse than average for your age. Most skin damage is from the sun, and yes, it does tend to look fine and then all of the sudden deteriorate rapidly once you hit a certain age.

Not to be insensitive, but hundreds of people come onto this board and say that no one has skin as bad as theirs...and most of them, like you, are fairly normal. We get a lot of antisocial people here too who have a somewhat distorted view of what is "normal"...I'm not suggesting you are, but just pointing that out...Actually go up and look at your friends really closely without makeup in bright lighting and you will see wrinkles and pores and bad texture all over the place. I know people in their early twenties with skin like yours, and they never even had acne or went tanning that much.

Many things can help, but they will all take time. For the pitted scar, look into subcision. Basically your derm will insert a needle into the scar (sometimes with the addition of TCA cross) and snap the fibrous band to encourage the area to heal.

Subcision, also called as subcutaneous incisionless surgery, a term coined by Orentreich and Orentreich in 1995[1] to describe the minor surgical procedure for treating depressed scars and wrinkles using a tri-beveled hypodermic needle inserted through a puncture in the skin surface (hence, “incisionless” surgery), and its sharp edges manoeuvred under the defect to make subcuticular cuts or “-cisions. The principle of this procedure is to break the fibrotic strands, which tether the scar to the underlying subcutaneous tissue. The depression is lifted by the releasing action of the procedure, as well as from connective tissue that forms during the course of normal wound healing.

For the general texture, try dermarolling. I would recommend laser, but it seems you tried that and it did not work for you...doesn't work for everyone. Some people swear by TCA cross peels.

Remember that even if you spent all the time and money in the world your skin won't ever look twenty again. A very well-known female actress in her mid-thirties is a friend of mine, and she looks like a teenager on-screen, and she's had all sorts of massively expensive work done...BUT in real-life she only looks maybe 5 years younger than she is...not 15 years younger smile.png . I guess if you're a famous actress who only plays young love interests it's worth your career to spend a million dollars to look 5 years younger tongue.png

Try to accept that and enjoy your life the way you are.

Edited by Green Gables