Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Becster

Can I just wait this out?

Hi guys, hope everyone is doing well.

After a tangle with the acne-monster, I was left with some PIH and uneven skin tone. Although I know my skin is different to "normal", sometimes I hope that its severity has more to do with my own perception than reality. I was wondering if I could get some opinions on how my skin looks, and if you think I need to get treatment or if the uneven texture will eventually get better on its own.

Can that indented texture get better naturally with the passage of time? Thanks so much; I really need as much advice as possible because a) My family, although they have the best intentions, are more likely to try and make me feel better than tell me the "truth", and b) I'm not the best at seeing my self realistically at times.

Take care, and thanks again :wub:

post-109572-1265587411_thumb.jpg

post-109572-1265587330_thumb.jpg

hey...sorry this does look like some amount of scarring and if it does become better over time, it'll not disappear magically.

having said that, there are plenty of treatments available that can make scarring significantly better. i'd recommend john goodman over here : http://www.div.net.au/

but treating scarring is generally not cheap..!

Hi guys, hope everyone is doing well.

After a tangle with the acne-monster, I was left with some PIH and uneven skin tone. Although I know my skin is different to "normal", sometimes I hope that its severity has more to do with my own perception than reality. I was wondering if I could get some opinions on how my skin looks, and if you think I need to get treatment or if the uneven texture will eventually get better on its own.

Can that indented texture get better naturally with the passage of time? Thanks so much; I really need as much advice as possible because a) My family, although they have the best intentions, are more likely to try and make me feel better than tell me the "truth", and b) I'm not the best at seeing my self realistically at times.

Take care, and thanks again :wub:

The good news is, you don't appear to be breaking out anymore, which is a lot more than many people can say. I would start doing the weekly/daily type stuff, like dermabrasion cloth, light peels, and copper peptides. You might see some good progress in a couple years. But don't continue doing anything that makes you start breaking out again. The older you get, the harder it is to fix damage. I also wouldn't launch right into the most radical procedures either. See what you can do with a couple years of self treatment first.

i think your scars would be dramatically reduced by subcision/fraxel. you should probably seek treatment as quickly as possible, better sooner than later.