Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Master_Z

Outrageous Shipping Prices!

I bought an 8oz bottle of Benzoyl Peroxise and 6 oz AHA+, and for those two alone, the shipping was over $12.00!! Seriously? It seems like someone is trying to get some extra profit or something, because there is no way on earth a couple of bottles would cost that much to ship. They would easily fit inside the cheapest Priority Mail box, which ships for under $5.00. I refuse to pay $45 simply for a bottle of Benzoyl Peroxide, AHA, and shipping again.

From Shipping Information at danielkern.com Customer Support:

What do my shipping and handling fees buy?

When you receive your order you may see a postage value printed on the package. The rest of your shipping and handling fee goes to handling. After our products are manufactured, they have to be shipped to our distributor. We then need to pay our distributor to manually pack each order. Because our manufacturer was able to get us a good deal on shipping, and because our distributor worked with us to get the lowest price on handling, I am able to offer good prices on shipping and handling. Other online stores may seem to have lower shipping costs; however, these stores usually make up for it by charging more for their products. You can be assured that we do not make any profit from the shipping and handling charge.

I'm not buying any more products until things become more cost-friendly. It's a joke spending 12 dollars to ship a couple bottles when I can use that same amount to purchase other products I use, like face wash.

Keep in mind that these products last a long time anyway. My BP, the 8 oz one, has lasted me 5 full weeks already, and it's still not out. And AHA is something you use less frequently (spot treatment, and only a thin line on your finger when you're exfoliating 2 - 3 times per week... it should last around 5 or 6 months if you ask me.)

Next time, buy the 16 oz one, and you'll save money plus only have to buy 5 or 6 times a year.

Please consider this:

Neutrogena's On-the-Spot benzoyl peroxide (which is the most widely sold 2.5% BP in stores) comes in a 0.75 oz container and costs 7 dollars. Getting an 8 oz version of that would cost OVER $70!

Compare THAT to the 16 bucks you spent on the 8 oz acne.org BP. 16 bucks versus 70 bucks? I think I'm sold on the acne.org BP.

So WHAT if you have to pay a bit for shipping? That $45 value you talked about for the BP, AHA+, and shipping altogether, is NOTHING compared to the $70 you'd be spending on JUST BP alone.

For 25 dollars less, you also get another 6 oz product thrown in there.

I really do not see the problem.

Edited by silverangelx

^ You bring up a good point. Many people don't consider the size/price factor. Even with shipping, Dan's products are still more economical than most store brands ounce for ounce.

I agree that it's economical. BP usually lasts me about 4 months and AHA even longer (and I use AHA as my daily moisturizer). I'm simply saying Dan should work with manufacturers to bring costs down a few dollars.

I agree that it's economical. BP usually lasts me about 4 months and AHA even longer (and I use AHA as my daily moisturizer). I'm simply saying Dan should work with manufacturers to bring costs down a few dollars.

He has. Dan's products are some of the most cost efficient acne products I've ever seen.

Why is it so inexpensive?

I use the Regimen twice a day myself and I was spending way too much on small tubes. You guys were very clear on the messageboards that I should make a bigger, more affordable one for us myself. Some people could not afford to buy as many of the small tubes as they needed to confidently perform the Regimen, which calls for using plenty of 2.5% benzoyl peroxide. After realizing none of the big brand names would make one for us, my goal became to make a generously sized 2.5% benzoyl peroxide, and to make it better while I was at it. I am able to offer Acne.org Benzoyl Peroxide at a low price and still make a profit due to my low overhead. People have generously donated their time and energy to the development of this product, including pharmaceutical consulting expertise and branding advice. Next, the manufacturer, tube makers and distributor all worked closely with me to keep their prices at a bare minimum. Also, because you are ordering directly from me, there are no complex distribution channels that tend to inflate prices. Even though I am going with the most expensive manufacturer I found because of their high quality and reputation, I can pass on a fair price to everyone. Lastly, I do not advertise.

To be honest, I think you're kinda looking a gift horse in the mouth on this one.

The only thing that's not overpriced is the BENZOYL PEROXIDE TREATMENT. Considering the Regimin necessarily calls for a lot of BP Dan has done a good job keeping cost low for the quantity of treatment you get (also considering that neutrogena on the spot costs about $7 for less than an ounce, You can get 2 ounces of Dans BP for $6.) The moisturizer, Cleanser, jojoba, and AHA; however, are absurdly expensive.... You can get 16 oz. of cetaphil for the same price of Dan's 8 oz moisturizer. The cleanser is worthless to discuss because there's so many cheaper alternatives. Even AHA is Too expensive, 6 oz of Alpha Hydrox brand is $12, 6 oz of Dan's is $16. And $14 Dollars for Dan's jojoba is absurd considering you can get it half that price at The Vitamin Shop. And Yes Acne.org kicks you in the nuts when it comes to shipping. It just cannot compete with drugstore and online prices.

EXCEPT for the treatment BP. Acne.org is not cost efficient.

Edited by Imthorpedo

And that's the beauty of being able to choose not to use Dan's products. If, for any reason, you don't like them--be it the quality, the consistency, the price, or anything else--you have the option of buying other products. Dan even has a whole page dedicated to other products that he recommends for use with his regimen. : )

Still, as far as quality and gentleness are concerned, I think Dan's done a great job, and I do think his products are fairly priced for what they are.

Yeah Master Z just look into the other Brands that Dan suggests via the Reviews.

As far as Cleanser and moisturizers go, there are soooo many that finding cheap ones is EASY...

HOWEVER I dont think there is any BP product on the market that is comparable to Dan's.. I highly reccomend getting that from ACNE.org.

It's True.

I went out to buy Neutrogena OTS because my Dan's BP was running low.

It was buy one get one 50% off, so i grabbed another. Each only last less than a week, while Dan's can go up to 3 months for more than half the price.

I don't know why your crying about it, if you don't want outrageous shipping, buy neutrogena or something. It's expensive, and i bet you'll jump right back to Dan's BP.

someone mentioned something about the cleansers, how dan's was more expensive than cetaphil. True. 16 oz cetaphil in a two pack cost $12 at costco, and dan's ONE 16oz cost 10$, however, u have to note that cetaphil doesn't lather, and takes many more pumps to get the whole face. Takes me 2 pumps dan's cleanser to easily get the whole face/neck. Takes about 5 pumps of cetaphil

someone mentioned something about the cleansers, how dan's was more expensive than cetaphil. True. 16 oz cetaphil in a two pack cost $12 at costco, and dan's ONE 16oz cost 10$, however, u have to note that cetaphil doesn't lather, and takes many more pumps to get the whole face. Takes me 2 pumps dan's cleanser to easily get the whole face/neck. Takes about 5 pumps of cetaphil

Your Face must be the size of a watermelon.

Two Pumps is enough for the entire Face + Neck, unless your trying to smack it on there like peanut butter or something. It doesn't have to be heavy, only a nice thin layer of cleanser is enough to cleanse the skin.

But i do admit your right on one thing, and it's the part where dan's cleanser does a better job in removing oils and is convenient.

Your Face must be the size of a watermelon.

Two Pumps is enough for the entire Face + Neck, unless your trying to smack it on there like peanut butter or something. It doesn't have to be heavy, only a nice thin layer of cleanser is enough to cleanse the skin.

But i do admit your right on one thing, and it's the part where dan's cleanser does a better job in removing oils and is convenient.

my face is actually quite small.

http://i532.photobucket.com/albums/ee330/d...04/IMG_1230.jpg

2 pumps of cetaphil is enough if somehow, it can mechanically spread evenly throughout the whole face/neck. Thing about cetaphil is, once the cleanser gets on your face, it's very reluctant to spread. I do 2 pumps, try and lather, apply on both cheeks, by the time i try touching my forehead, the cetaphil already completely transferred from my hands to cheeks, . hence 2 more pumps for forehead/ nose area. then finally, 2 for the neck.

As opposed to Dan's cleanser, which lathers so well, and actuallyl continuously forms bubbles on my hands.

Edited by david1017

That's True, Dan's cleanser is good, and has this nice smell i always expected a cleanser would smell like.

Your face is like my size, idk though, 2 pumps is enough for face and neck for me.

No offence, but if you're not willing to pay $12 for shipping a few products that will last a couple of months to cure this condition then what are you doing?

You should see how much I have to pay for shipping to Australia! I'm just so happy It's jojoba oil month so I can easily order my supplies for only $17 ($10 discount) and it's currently free for US residents.

I'm sure everyone is trying their best to keep their costs down.

Go buy a piggy bank?

Master Z, you don't deserve Dan's gel all over your face then. If it's too expensive, then don't buy it, simple as that. Quit being whiny immature little kid. I hope you become Mister Pizzaface due to you annoying comments. :boohoo:

I noticed how you said you weren't buying anything till the prices come down, then don't. We don't even care LOL. There's plenty of sales without you LOL

Edited by letmein86