Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
alliask

what do you think makes a good personality?

since we all suffer from acne, which is setback in our physical appearances, it is important for us to focus more on "inner beauty." i'd like to know what everyone thinks makes a good personality. what would make someone:

-interesting

-a fun person to hang out with

-a good friend

-a good person in general

-unique so that they are worth getting to know

and so on...

in this superficial world, it seems that people are mainly judged and valued for looks or money. people flock to those with good looks and nice clothes and cars. what INNER qualities make a person fun and interesting? what do you look for in a friend?

If they are genuine and sincere

If they are good listeners

If they are compassionate

If they are understanding

If they have forgiveness

If they have a good heart (good intentions)

If they respect themselves and others

Willingness

Passionate about things important to them

Umm, that's all I have right now, too upset to think of anything else.

All that ann a bell said, but to sum up for me, intelligence, humour and empathy.

Guest Tracy

An example of someone on this board who has a great personality is Ramonaa UK. That guy's ALWAYS in a good mood....always positive, fun, playful, and silly.....great sense of humor, kind hearted. Seems like someone who'd be great to be around. Gotta love this kid. He's the best. In real life, those are the type of people I prefer to surround myself with cause just being around them makes you feel good and never fails to put you in a good mood.

Guest ObiWontonKenoli

It is funny i think we can say a lot of stuff about what's considered to be a good personality(for the most part we agree with what they are)...but at the same time, most people can't do those themselves.

Guest Tracy
It is funny i think we can say a lot of stuff about what's considered to be a good personality(for the most part we agree with what they are)...but at the same time, most people can't do those themselves.

Guest ObiWontonKenoli

Why the attack Trace? I was just saying my opinion. I didn't say ALL people (although I should've said some...and btw, I didn't mean anything at all when I said it).

Why the attack Trace? I was just saying my opinion. I didn't say ALL people (although I should've said some...and btw, I didn't mean anything at all when I said it).

Guest ObiWontonKenoli

I don't think she was agreeing Proxy.

Nevermind- I'm out.

Guest Tracy

Good people have this "vibe" to them. That's all there is to it.

luckily there is a really long list of traits that make a good person - so there is enough room for all of us to get in on the act - no excuse. One of my trusted friends had a very wise thing to say abot the topic and I have always remembered it. >...You don't get to be a good person simply by virtue of your nature....being a good person requires constant vigilence.

Guest Tracy
there is enough room for all of us to get in on the act - no excuse.

A lot of good replies already. One thing I think is important to point out is that a lot of characteristics are completely subjective. Humor, for one, is definitely subjective. It all depends on who you ask. I've known people who described themselves as "fun", who were actually "loud and obnoxious" in my eyes. I went out a couple times with a girl in college who prided herself on being "honest", but if you ask me I'd say she was "blunt and tactless", always pointing out faults as if she were doing you a favor. But anyway, here's my 2 cents...

-interesting

Someone with varied life experiences who does not easily fit into a pre-conceived category. Someone who has a curiousity about life in general and is interested/knowledgeable about a wide variety of topics (which can also be annoying, but interesting at the same time).

-a fun person to hang out with

Someone who is willing to try new things and remains positive no matter what the outcome. Someone who's funny or at least has a good sense of humor.

-a good friend

Someone who is friendly (duh), trustworthy, empathic, encouraging, honest, dependable.

-a good person in general

Pretty much what makes a good friend, except they extend those courtesies to strangers a well.

-unique so that they are worth getting to know

This falls under the same characteristics as "interesting", I'd say.

A lot of good replies already.  One thing I think is important to point out is that a lot of characteristics are completely subjective.  Humor, for one, is definitely subjective.  It all depends on who you ask.

All that ann a bell said, but to sum up for me, intelligence, humour and empathy.

Guest Tracy
A lot of good replies already.  One thing I think is important to point out is that a lot of characteristics are completely subjective.  Humor, for one, is definitely subjective.  It all depends on who you ask.

Agreed. Many qualities are subjective, especially humor. I just found this thread, and reading in order, I found Tracy's reply to Obi's post funny - whereas others found it somewhat hostile.

Speak for yourself, Obi.

I am only speaking for myself, but I agree with Obi. I know all the things that make a good personality, but at times I have to remind myself of those things that I need to be doing to be a better person.

I get angry sometimes when people are stupid and I want to say something, but I don't. that's when I remind myself that there really isn't a good reason to slam other people, it won't make things better.