Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
debbie6623

Found a fool-proof solution after 15 years of acne and adult acne

Hello acne.org users. I struggled with acne from the time I was about 11 until I was 26. At 26 I found a solution. Before hand I suffered from severe acne in my pre-teens. In high school, it wasn't as bad, but I still acne ans was still annoyed by the acne scars it left behind. When I started college, it got worse ans I didn't know why. Then as an adult I still had mild acne and was plauged by the acne scars.

Finally at 26 I found the perfect solution and ironically at the time I wasn't looking for one. I went on a vegeterian diet (eliminated ALL meat except for fish) because of my digestive problems. Then after about three weeks I noticed I had NO pimples and the acne scars were starting to fade. As I continued to eliminate meat from my diet I continued to have NO pimples and my complexion was on the road to becoming flawless; I thought that would never, ever happen. For those of you who might try a vegeterian diet, I'm pretty sure it will work for you as I have a friend who never had acne but says his complexion STILL became clearer when he stopped eating meat.

I understand eliminating all meat can be difficult. After a few years I started eating meat again but I only buy all-natural (hormone free) meat. The best place to get that kind of meat is at a farmer's market. For those of you in the Cincinnati area, I go to Findlay Market. Eating hormone free meat has the same effect as eating no meat at all when it comes to TOTALLY ELIMINATING acne. :clap:

I hope this information helps many, many people as i understand how fustrating acne can be, especially as an adult. If you go this route, PLEASE let me know how it works for you.

Edited by debbie6623

There are several who have gone completely vegan and their acne got worse. So it's not as simple as saying "become a vegetarian". You have to do it right for one thing. Some people think just not eating meat is healthy, but then they eat nothing but pasta, cereal, and potato chips. It's horrendous. It's not just about what you're not eating, it's also about what you ARE eating.

I totally agree. A vegan diet has helped me immensely but also because I eat tons of fruit, salads, green smoothies ect. I also don't eat any bread/pasta and very little potato.

This diet is not really "fool proof."

A vegetarian, or even a vegan diet does NOT imply a healthy diet. Vegans can still eat liberal amounts of unhealthy things - like refined sugar. Being vegan only implies lack of meat or animal products in general.

Edited by gMARIAs

There are several who have gone completely vegan and their acne got worse. So it's not as simple as saying "become a vegetarian". You have to do it right for one thing. Some people think just not eating meat is healthy, but then they eat nothing but pasta, cereal, and potato chips. It's horrendous. It's not just about what you're not eating, it's also about what you ARE eating.

I didn't say I was a vegan, I said I only eat natural meat as the chemicals and hormones in regular meat contribulted to my acne. I know that switching to natural meat worked PERFECTLY for me. I also didn't say to not eat meat and start eating unhealthy food.

Hi debbie

do you eat everything except meat? Pasta, bread etc.. ?

What I do is limit myself to eating regular (not natural) meat only once a week if that. I eat natural, hormone free meat several times a week. I don't limit my fish intake as it doesn''t have hormones. Other than that I eat a healthy balance of carbs, vegetables and legumes.

I just make sure to intake my DV of veggies, fruits and ESPECIALLY fiber, chewing food fully, and getting light exercise daily. This cleared me entirely, a vegetarian diet may work, but seems excessive.

Edited by jpatton624

I try to live vegan (even with a lot of my personal care items and household products), eat whole foods, little sugar, exercise daily, drink lots of water, regular bloods tests to ensure all is healthy and I'm not lacking in essential vitamins, minerals, etc., etc. but I still get acne breakouts...can be just life, hormones, stress, etc. Being vegan or vegetarian doesn't cure acne, nothing really cures acne. All you can do is control it and live healthy.