Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
whoeveritis

fraxel v. chemical peels?

hi all,

i'm new to this. i'm not as knowledgeable about acne scar treatments as you all seem to be, but maybe you can help with that.

i had a consultation for fraxel last week. the dr told me a five-treatment plan would get rid of my lesser ones. i have some deep ones that he said will not be completely smooth, but will show improvement.

fraxel's pretty expensive for my low budget, and he said if i can't afford it he'd do chemical peels. have any of you had experience with either of these, and how do they compare? is it worth spending my money? i admit i'm a little scared of such intense stuff on my face, but i guess there's no other way for dramatic resutls.

also, are there cheaper options? can you really make a difference with any at-home treatments? i saw some posts that seemed to be talking about products they bought and used at home-- "copper peptides," and some roller things.

Chemical peels such as glycolic acid or lactic acid won't give you anything more than a 5% treatment in your indented scars.

Ask him what chemical peel it is.

Fraxel is most of the time, MUCH better than chemical peels. Chemical peels can easily be done at home too for a fraction of the cost.