Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
evan3037

Peeling Beginner

im going to try some of these peels, what should i start with, i have dark brown spots from acne all over my back and a few circular scars the sizr of a pencil eraser on my back also from acne. I also have the brown spots on my shoulders and upper arms. My skin is not sensitive at all. I am medium darkness skin. i never burn i always just tan. I hear TCA produces the best results fastest but should i start with a glycolic acid? What strengths should i get? Where should i buy it? How long should it stay on? Is there anything else i should know?

If you've never used a peel before but your skin is quite tough then you could start with a high percentage lactic or glycolic peel. You could do that for a few months then try a TCA peel. Don't go straight for a TCA peel before seeing how your skin reacts to something milder.

50% is too high to begin with especially as glycolic can be quite harsh, best to start with something like 40-50% lactic.

Glycolic is stronger than lactic? Ive heard tca produces by far the best results. I can tolerate pain very easily and if not im sure a few advil can help me out. I have a lot of hyper pigmentation and some circular shaped scars and one big deep one. I want to get good results in as few treatments as possible. Also, What size should i buy for my back? How many treatments are in a one oz bottle? What are the steps to do in a peel?

Clean area

Apply acid with gauze pad

leave on for 1-2 minutes

put on baking soda to neutralize

wash off

put on aloe moisturizer

is that right?

Glycolic is stronger than lactic.

TCA does produce the best results but you do not know how your skin will react, using TCA has nothing to do with how much pain you can tolerate. If you go from using no peels to suddenly using something as harsh as TCA then you could easily give yourself more hyperpigmentation, redness etc.

Start with a lactic peel for say two months if your skin doesn't react then try TCA, the lactic might be enough to help your back without having to use TCA.

Any info you want about TCA can be found on www.poorgirlproducts.com

If you were using RetinA then that should fine however I'm not exactly qualified in all things skin related so I don't have the answer to everything. Use the contact address at the website I provided if you have any other queries as she will be able to answer all your questions, from my experience she will be only to happy to help.