Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
erin92

About to ask dermotologist

I'm going to see the dermotologist on Thursday and ask to go on accutance. I went there four weeks ago and got prescribed ziana and doxy but it hasn't really been working for me. We talked about accutane before he prescribed me this stuff but I couldn't get it cause my mom wasnt with me.

Thats beside the point, I was just wondering if I go on it, what to expect. Like what the IB will be like, especially coming off of doxy or about how long I'll be on it for someone like me with bad bumpy ance on my forhead and chin. Anything would help! I've been researching about accutane for the past couple weeks and still on the fence.

Bottom line, if you have tried everything including all the tetracyclines and its a year round persistent deal and its at least moderate then go for it. Nothing to lose. Btw, most ppl who do deal with the IB dont get it real bad. Maybe a few extra spots that go away quickly

Well I never had bad ance till around steptember and I started to break out and it's only got worse. So I haven't had ance all my life, only a few bad pimples here and there. Thanks for the advice! I think I will try accutane