Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
micro

extremely dry skin so i put on vaseline

the topic pretty much sums it up. i used this acne medication (PanOxyl) and it dried my skin up beyond comprehension, to the point of where i could hardly move my face (and it was numb). so i put a very small amount of vaseline on it and now it feels and moves much better, but i'm not sure what to expect.

btw: i considered using dan's regime but theres no BP in my area (isolated town) so i'm considering a money-order cheque (cuz no credit cards) to ProActiv instead since they seem to be quite good themselves.

anyone else know if vaseline is a death wish, or if proactiv really is a miracle cream?

please respond. thanks.

Why not just order dand BP gel, from the internet. They acsept Money Orders. Personally i wouldnt use Proactiv. All it did was irritate my skin to death and made my skin worse then it origannaly was. And i did follow all the directions.

Proactiv is a load of crap. Honestly. It sucks. It made my skin worse. I've never had an allergic reaction to anything before, but Proactive sure screwed my skin up. I stopped using it after about 2 weeks and I'm gonna return it. It's waaaay hyped up.

I hear that vaselinse is non-comedogenic, no matter how greasy it looks.

regarding proactiv...

I will be honest; it is an ok product. Before I started using Dan's regimen, i used Proactiv, and it really did help get rid of my bad cystic acne. However, in my opinion, it's too expensive to continue buying every two months; In fact, you know how it says it's a "2 month supply"?? My repairing lotion lasted me 1 month. I don't see how a little 60 mL bottle of BP lotion is supposed to last you 2 months. As Dan said, you need a lot of bp (over time) to achieve maximum results.

In Canada, it costs around $70, with all that shipping and handling, and the gov't and provincial sales taxes; hardly what I would call "affordable" every 2 months.

The renewing cleanser is a nice though; it has exfoliators and BP in it. I thought it was kind of drying.

the revitalizing toner is... alright. Nothing really special if you ask me. Sometimes it was good, sometimes it wasn't. Sometimes it made my skin sticky, sometimes it made my skin look really ugly and my pores huge. *shrugs*

I would give Proactiv 3 stars out of 5, only because it did help my skin clear up, and it did make my skin stay smooth and for the 4 months I did have it, it helped keep my skin clear. But, it made my skin produce a lot of oil, and, it wasn't cost effective.

Really, try Dan's regimen instead of proactiv, it's a lot cheaper, and you can customize it somewhat, using products that YOU like using. (not everyone needs an exfoliator every single day.)