Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
masg

Was talking to friend on msn

Well I was chatting to my friend on MSN and he brought up how often I'm on MSN and this is what he said at the end:

friend says:

sam

when youre 50

and you look back when u were a teenager?

will you say i had a great teenage life?

had lots of fun

did alot of fun stuff

memories

Sam says:

yeah man i think so (LIE)

friend says:

then its fine.

really made me think. maybe can help you too.

Well you said you lied to him (her?).

So I think you should go out and make sure you have a good teenage life, it wont last long, and you will never have this time back.

Im in the prcoess of changing my life-style at the moment. Just what he said struck home hard.

This is what I think about all the time, it's what makes me want to live my life to the fullest. I tell myself when I'm dying and I look back, I don't want to see myself wasting my life away. I want good memories, good stories to tell, and a good heart filled with lots of happiness.

It really does help a lot.

I'm 19 and when I look back on my life, I see a lot of depression and bad times. My childhood was okay but it all went downhill a few years ago, at the moment I'm at quite a low point in my life and I have had thoughts of suicide..so yeah, try to make the most of life...

I'm 19 and when I look back on my life, I see a lot of depression and bad times. My childhood was okay but it all went downhill a few years ago, at the moment I'm at quite a low point in my life and I have had thoughts of suicide..so yeah, try to make the most of life...

Same here.... My childhood is not like most normal kids either. Started getting depressed around 11, lol. Had thoughts of suicide since 12. Bleh I guess I'm hanging in there. I hope you do too. I keep trying to live life the way I want to but its hard. For now I'm just hanging on...

Same here.... My childhood is not like most normal kids either. Started getting depressed around 11, lol. Had thoughts of suicide since 12. Bleh I guess I'm hanging in there. I hope you do too. I keep trying to live life the way I want to but its hard. For now I'm just hanging on...

I totally relate.. i kind of feel like im just drifting through life :(

I totally relate.. i kind of feel like im just drifting through life :(

Well by the least, you're not alone :wub:

I am alone though. I don't have it as bad as most of the people here and i just cant bring myself to make friends i am so self conscious, acne is every second of every day and i just want it to stop :(

My teenager years are over (as of 2 months ago). I feel I wasted most of that time being unhappy and my chance to have fun while I'm still young is running out. In another years time I will have finished uni and most likely be starting to work full time. Speaking to older people and hearing how these were the best years of their lives kind of depresses me. Does that mean it's all downhill from here? Life is only going to get worse?

Edited by mx123

I am alone though. I don't have it as bad as most of the people here and i just cant bring myself to make friends i am so self conscious, acne is every second of every day and i just want it to stop :(

What do you mean alone? We're people here too =p and as much as you may think otherwise, we're pretty much in this together.

That's unrealistic, you'll have to stop limiting yourself and build up some confidence to approach people and make friends. You don't know when the acne will go away, and if you keep having this mindset when it does clear up, what difference would it make? Take small steps out of your comfort zone, say hi, smile, how you doing?, its nice today, sweet phone etc. push yourself bit by bit you'll eventually get there. =)

Practice makes better :D (I used to love reminding myself this, I don't know why I stopped)

I know that feeling of just not being able to bring yourself to it though. I get pretty good grades when it comes to assignments and exams, but I barely get anything done if anything at all these days, cus I just. I don't know. I just give up. I'm a homeschooler and its all free pace too. I don't have any other choice... transferred from the only internationally accredited school here cus of sleep and depression issues.... Bitch coordinator was acting like she supported me but when I made the decision, she said I'm not allowed to come back to my dad. W/e.

My teenager years are over (as of 2 months ago). I feel I wasted most of that time being unhappy and my chance to have fun while I'm still young is running out. In another years time I will have finished uni and most likely be starting to work full time. Speaking to older people and hearing how these were the best years of their lives kind of depresses me. Does that mean it's all downhill from here? Life is only going to get worse?

No, I'm actually overall much happier NOW than when I was a teen. Remain open to change, learn from your mistakes and victories, and you don't have to look back with regret.

Happy belated birthday. Your post is depressing... those are the thoughts that run through my head constantly. Bah... I just want to be happy. So fed up of wasting myself away and being depressed (ironic since I'm still this shit). I'm not giving up just yet though.... Live in the moment, hope for the best, and prepare yourself for the worst. Practice confidence. I'm repeating this till I get there. I wish suicide was an option, I fantasize my death and dying a lot... but I just can't freaking do it to my loved ones.

Keep suicide talk out of this thread or it will have to be shut down.

No, I'm actually overall much happier NOW than when I was a teen. Remain open to change, learn from your mistakes and victories, and you don't have to look back with regret.

That's good to hear. I'm sure my life will get better. Hell, in years to come I'll probably look back at this time and think these were happy times. Nostalgia has a way of painting over the ugly.

Happy belated birthday. Your post is depressing... those are the thoughts that run through my head constantly. Bah... I just want to be happy. So fed up of wasting myself away and being depressed (ironic since I'm still this shit). I'm not giving up just yet though.... Live in the moment, hope for the best, and prepare yourself for the worst. Practice confidence. I'm repeating this till I get there. I wish suicide was an option, I fantasize my death and dying a lot... but I just can't freaking do it to my loved ones.

Thank you. I'm sorry my post is depressing, when talking about my feelings I hate to think it may bring others down too. That certainly wasn't my intention here.

I guess it's just best to take life as it comes. It's not even worth worrying about whether you'll look back fondly at your teenage years or not, it doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things. Just live for the moment.

Keep suicide talk out of this thread or it will have to be shut down.

i love how caring mods on this site are...

I think Wynne generally comes off as a caring and helpful person.

At the end of the day that rule is there for a reason. (That's not necessarily to say I agree with it, but yeah)

Edited by mx123

autoclosing is just like saying fuck off and kill yourself.

anyway, I only go to college 1 day a week it's hard for me to meet people, i'm just not social.

In my opinion, as I age I have more fun. Teenage years were good man, but love my early 20's at the moment :D

No, it is saying this site is not equipped to deal with suicide support; there are plenty of other services for that out there. It's not open for debate; read the pinned thread for more information.

Thank you. I'm sorry my post is depressing, when talking about my feelings I hate to think it may bring others down too. That certainly wasn't my intention here.

I guess it's just best to take life as it comes. It's not even worth worrying about whether you'll look back fondly at your teenage years or not, it doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things. Just live for the moment.

Aw, don't worry about it. :wub:

Yeah, I agree. Either way its useless to regret, cus by the time you do, it's already in the past. Let's just try to learn from it and let our lessons direct our course in the future =).

You know, at least there's a bright side. Less hormone crap going on in your 20s than in your teens :D. And. You got through it :dance:. You've experienced what it's like. For some people, it's a breeze. For others, it takes strength. Life isn't the same for everybody. So don't let it get to you so much, and well done :D

anyway, I only go to college 1 day a week it's hard for me to meet people, i'm just not social.

It's ok. :wub: I shouldn't have mentioned it.

What do you do with the rest of your time? What's your schedule like? I mean, doing stuff like going to the gym or just taking a walk if you haven't already done it really helps. Heh I met my ex bf walking my dog :wub:. Just do what you like and like minded people will follow. You don't have to do it for the main purpose of making friends. Just the act of doing what you enjoy helps. Then you can always be open to making friends (:. Really, you don't always have to be the one to initiate either. But just know that most if not all people fear rejection just the same. When I want to make friends, I wait for huge signals over a loooong ass period of time that they want to get to know me too, like a smile at me or if they seem relaxed around me. Then. Then... I say hi. Lol and maybe a smile. And I wait some more. Even then though, I'm worried about being rejected. It's really no big deal as most people make it to be though. It's just me and my comfort zone, and building up some strength to get out of it. You know, if that person isn't a friend in the first place, you'll only get to know whether you gain or not. You lose nothing (:

Edited by Holding.On