Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SurferGirl656

Have an audition in four hours and my skin has gone CRAZY

im so disappointed in myself. ive been on a very strict diet that has made my skin so managble and great for the last two-three weeks, then the last two days ive been thinking well i could just have some junk food right? WRONG. This morning my skin has gone absolutely crazy. theres bumps all over my cheeks some on my chin and my forehead. im so mad at myself for wrecking this right when i need it. i have an audition for a show in four hours and i just wont be able to be confident or do my best knowing they are probably staring at my skin. last year i went for a part against about 50 others kids and got it even though my skin was at the worst it has ever been. so maybe theres a bit of hope. but still i have another audition in a few days aswell, its like why now??? My skin always does this to me. perfect when im home alone and everyones busy. goes to shit when i want it the most. :wall:

hahaahha ... this is just what happens to me ... reading your post made me smile. I play in a band so i have to look good there ....you know, many times before shows my skin breaksout really bad ,iam like oh come on ... just a day before the gig my face has acne and before that it was fine (comparatively).But i dont let that stop me .... people count on you ...for getting a job done ... and you have to deliver .... i go into the battle right away ... people stare at me and all before i play but when we start playing ,they just notice how fast my fingers move and enjoy the song .If you are a good performer you will DoMInATE!!! people wont notice your acne when you put your heart in your performance. :D I would say be a man and kick ass at the audition ..... (but you are a female so be a woman and kick ass ). :angel:

That happens because when you aren't thinking about your acne, you are not stressed. When you found out you had an audition, your stress levels probably went way up. Stress is a big contributor to acne.

Try taking a warm bath, meditate, do yoga. Whatever relaxes you.

Yeah, it's stress. Acne forming before events is not a coincidence in most cases.

In the lead up to something important (or doing it everyday may help) just close your eyes, clear your mind and relax your body. I don't believe all that spiritual crap, but this does really help.

Id totally forotten about this rant, haha. well i went to the audition along with 70 people and found out there was only 24 places and only 5 were for my age. i got a call the next day to say i got it. two weeks later i had an audition for another show and i got an understudy for a lead because i said i was too busy for a full on lead. so yeah, it was good, just shows that acne isnt always a huge deal i was the only person with acne who auditioned and i got it over the clear skin people, :D

Id totally forotten about this rant, haha. well i went to the audition along with 70 people and found out there was only 24 places and only 5 were for my age. i got a call the next day to say i got it. two weeks later i had an audition for another show and i got an understudy for a lead because i said i was too busy for a full on lead. so yeah, it was good, just shows that acne isnt always a huge deal i was the only person with acne who auditioned and i got it over the clear skin people, :D

Thats awesome. And it gives hope to others

Yup :)

Congratulations!

I know this is an old thread but in this situation I find it helps to et some ice on them, it will take down the swelling and redness somewhat, not a solution but its a useful damage limitation tactic,I have done it before big events with some success.

kickass !!! :cool: ....

Congrats girl, I'm happy for you, keep up the hard work!