Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
treefase93

Scar-like lumps under the skin

Hey guys. Haven't posted here in a while since my acne is mostly gone, but there are these lumps under my skin on my cheeks, that I can only feel when I rub over them, where I'd originally tried to pop zits and failed. I succeeded a couple times of needling some pus out of them 3 months ago, but since, they've been very difficult to do anything with. I've reduced the size of some of them by needling them and just putting tons of benzoyl peroxide on top, I'm having difficulty fully getting rid of them.

They're not a big deal now, but I'm afraid if they stick around until I'm older they might become unsightly.

Anyone have any idea what I'm talking about?

could be dormant cysts, that is if you had cysts. are they are keloids which i doubt because theyre more prominent in black people and occur along the jaw line

Edited by dykim90

could be dormant cysts, that is if you had cysts. are they are keloids which i doubt because theyre more prominent in black people and occur along the jaw line

That was sort of along the lines of what I was thinking. Is it possible to create cysts?

Also, they seem to be almost impenetrable or solid matter. I try to needle the f'ers every other day; usually I just get plasma.

They're basically the only significant "scars" I have, and they're irritating me; I don't think my face will age well with cysts in it.

Might they eventually go away?

That was sort of along the lines of what I was thinking. Is it possible to create cysts?

Also, they seem to be almost impenetrable or solid matter. I try to needle the f'ers every other day; usually I just get plasma.

They're basically the only significant "scars" I have, and they're irritating me; I don't think my face will age well with cysts in it.

They sound like sebacous cysts. Google that and see if thats what you have. If they are, then there isnt really anything you can do about them except try to not aggravate them.

They sound like sebacous cysts. Google that and see if thats what you have. If they are, then there isnt really anything you can do about them except try to not aggravate them.

Hmm... I read your post a while ago but I'm still not sure. Can sebaceous cysts be flat and have a layer of scar tissue on top?

It just feels like sort of a benign spider bite?

i think ive got a dormant cyst theres no bump only a big marks however when it ouch it i can feel it under the skin and it hurts. i keep puttin bp on it as im on dkr

any suggestions on how to deal with it?

I think I know what you're talking about 'cause I have that too. I know what mine is. Can you not see them well, but you can feel them? And they're under your skin with no color showing? Does it kinda feel like lumpy skin?

hi yes i cant see it, its under my skin. ive been puttin bp as im on the regimen so its gone down now BUT you can see a realy big scar there if that what it is its not peeling oranything (its just normal skin which has darkened) and feels bumpy and painful to touch i dont have that anywhere else on my face jut there

thats a cystic pimple. it may take up to 2 months for it to go away

hi yes i cant see it, its under my skin. ive been puttin bp as im on the regimen so its gone down now BUT you can see a realy big scar there if that what it is its not peeling oranything (its just normal skin which has darkened) and feels bumpy and painful to touch i dont have that anywhere else on my face jut there