Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lady25

Amount of time between moisturizer and foundation

I recently just started on an antibiotic and Tretinoin gel (retin a) from the derm and as a result I have started moisturizing my super oily skin. I used to wash my face in the morning, wait about 5 minutes, and then procede to apply my foundation because my face gets oily within 20-30 mins after washing. I feel weird putting foundation over skin that isn't literally freshly cleansed. Now that my skin is getting dehydrated I'm moisturizing and I don't quite get that clean "dry" feeling anymore...Should I maybe blot my skin with blotting papers after I let the moisturizer do its job? What do you do?

Right, I'm going to try to explain this the best I can because I'm very good at confusing myself lol!

1. When you wash your face of a morning;

Cleanse, splash it for 10seconds with cold water, then once again with hot water.

2. DON'T dry your face! While your skin is still wet apply both the topical treatment and your choosen moisturizer, in small circular motions going from the nose outwards.

3. Wait for the moisturizer to be absorbed into the skin. This can take some time but your skin will feel the benefits.

4. Once the skin is dry apply a foundation primer on top of your skin to prevent your foundation from blocking your pores.

(Loreal Paris does a reasonably cheap one in their studio secrets collection. A foundation primer will smooth out your complextion and help your foundation and concealer sit better.)

5. Apply your foundation as usual.

(I use a stippling brush with mine as you can build up the coverage you need. If you haven't done already try to find a foundation wich gives Matt coverage and without Laanolool oil in it - or something like that- as it can make skin greasy)

Also I've been using a facial brush which I got from the body shop once a week to exfoliate my skin and remove scarring, it really helps. Hopefully that sort of answers your question.

:]x

I recently just started on an antibiotic and Tretinoin gel (retin a) from the derm and as a result I have started moisturizing my super oily skin. I used to wash my face in the morning, wait about 5 minutes, and then procede to apply my foundation because my face gets oily within 20-30 mins after washing. I feel weird putting foundation over skin that isn't literally freshly cleansed. Now that my skin is getting dehydrated I'm moisturizing and I don't quite get that clean "dry" feeling anymore...Should I maybe blot my skin with blotting papers after I let the moisturizer do its job? What do you do?

Thank you that was really helpful. I've definitely been looking into primers lately. So moisturizer, primer, and then foundation with a brush. That sounds right. Do you have oily skin as well?

No problem! :]

My skin used to be excessively oily before I started this routine. My boyfriends sister who works as a make up artist suggested it to me, as she said that oily skin can sometimes be caused by the skin being dry and over compensating by producing more oil which clogs pores blah blah blah.