Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey all,

I joined this forum just so I could comment on my experience with Max Clarity.

I am a 32 y.o. woman. I had severe acne as a young teen, was on Accutane for a while. Then all thru my 20's I had normal skin. Just used regular face wash and never had any issues.

As soon as I turned 30 my skin got really bad. Small little bumps all over my face. Used Proactive and it worked at first, then it stopped. I tried tons of other stuff at the drug store and BP cream alone seemed to work but it just made my skin really dry since I had to use it all over my face, when it was just intended as spot treatment.

Wow I am going through the same thing. As soon as I turned 30 my skin got so bad. I cannot get rid of the cystic acne along my jawline and on my neck and cheeks.

I've been using Max Clarity for a month. It was helping at first especially with controlling the oiliness of my skin. But now it seems to have stopped working and I'm distraught over it.

My cleanser bottle stopped working and they sent me a new one and as soon as I started with the new bottle is when it stopped working. It's probably a coincedence. But I'm just beyond frustrated with nothing working. I don't know what to try next. I feel like I'm grasping at straws.

Hey Guys. So I've had acne for many years. My acne was mostly really deep acne like blackheads, with occasional different types of breakouts. I also had some scarring and hyper pigmentation or whatever. Luckily my acne is very mild compared to a lot of people's. So after reading reviews on here about max clarity, i decided to order it about a month ago. It took like 2 weeks to arrive. I started using it exactly 2 weeks ago, and have used it every morning and night since, in the exact order it says.

I'm actually very happy with this product. I had tried Proactive a while ago and it never worked for me. The max clarity foam seems to really sink deep enough to be able to start to clear out my blackheads. It's also starting to make my over all skin tone better.

The only bad thing about this product is how much it dries out my skin, and how it sometimes makes my face burn. I do use a moisturizer though (Jergins facial moisturizer) and that seems to take care of the dryness. The burning isn't that bad and I just put up with it.

So i took pictures on Day 3, Week 1, and Week 2 of my journey with max clarity so far. I lost the pictures from Day 1, but honestly from day 1 to Day 3 my skin didn't change at all. You can see that my skin is starting to clear up a lot. The acne on my forehead is going away. There is a zit on my forehead, but it's only so visible because i popped it.. which i would advise not to do even though it's kind of hard not to. Btw The Pictures go left to right oldest to newest.

I'm pretty convinced that in another 2 weeks my acne will be a lot clearer and hopefully almost gone. This is the best acne treatment i've ever used and i'm really happy with it. I love waking up in the morning to see that my face is clearer than the day before. I would recommend this product to anyone and just advise not to be so impatient with it. It's going to take time before you see results.

your skin does look much better from the first picture to the last...im a 20 year old male with many blackheads and similar red pimples just not on my forehead, they kind of just pop up randomly anywhere. im hoping this product works for me as well. but in all honesty there is a noticeable difference in your face, it looks like you havent had any new breakouts and the old ones are fading

I just watched the Max Clarity commercial for about the 6th time and I noticed something extremely important that I wanted you all to be aware of, the man in the commercial, the one also shown on their website, his picture was PHOTOSHOPPED if you look at his upper lip you can see the variations in the picture, his skin pigmentation is off, and you can see where that area had been erased, the product is a scam, and I urge everyone to please take a very close look at this before this spreads, and they fix their error, I do not have acne issues, however my neice suffers Horribly from it, and has been to Dr's the last 3 yrs and on all sorts of medication, please see a dermatologist DO NOT trust these products!

all commercial media is photoshopped, it doesn't mean the product is a scam, it's just how things work in the industry.

So I ordered Max Clarity in April. I never had really bad skin, but I did have breakouts. I used Proactive for years and it did work for me for a long time and then it just stopped working, which is normal for your skin to get used to repetition within a acne system. I then tried using Clinique, which worked for me for a while but it dried my skin out SO much! I saw the ads for Max Clarity and googled it to find any reviews. All the reviews I found were really positive so I decided to try it. It took about a week and a half to receive the kit. The bottles were pretty small, but you can take them on airplanes through security; I just travelled with mine. They might give you a little bit of a hard time but just explain what the product is and make sure you don't have a bunch of other travel sized products with you. One thing that is a little bad about traveling with it is the top popped off probably due to pressure but it still works. It's been 2 1/2 weeks since I first started using Max Clarity and I don't know what to think yet. My skin was dry before and it is still really dry after applying the product. I just know started to use my clarisonic after using the foam cleanser and then applying the day foam/night foam and that has helped remove the dead skin so it's not flaky after I put the product on. Like I said before, my skin wasn't horrible before but right now, it's the worst it's ever been! It got pretty bad when using Proactive, then went away after a couple weeks, so I do expect this. The only problems that I'm having is I'm getting the under the skin pimples, which I've never had before. Your skin is supposed to get worse before it gets better so I'm hoping that it's just bringing the dirt and oil to the surface and then will get rid of them. It is only breaking out around my jaw line and a little bit around my cheeks, but everywhere else is fine. I'm still going to continue using the product and hope that after a month I see some real results.

Does anyone have problem with the bottles of max clarity? After almost 2 weeks using this product, the other bottle with yellow cap stop foaming and I couldn't get anything out of it. Does anyone in here have same problem? What did you do then? I am thinking calling the customer service for this problem.

Dude me too! The Light Blue Deep Cleansing Foam ran out completely after about a week... Im so confused why that bottle is the same size when you have to use double the amount of all the other bottles.. this is completely bs...

PROS:

This stuff is working tho... i really love the feel of it...

I wake up in the morning and my face feels amazing.

The Foam is so unique and fun to apply, also the day and night leave on foam is very light and feels like nothing.

The biggest change is it has very little irritation on my skin and my face is less oily.

I really do wish I tried this product earlier, all my other products were NOT AS EASY and had lots of irritation.

CONS:

-too bad crap custoomer service and website sux balls.

-my blue bottle broke.. i have to call for another one.. i hope they will give me one...(anyone else experience this?)

Edited by Char-Lot

Does anyone have problem with the bottles of max clarity? After almost 2 weeks using this product, the other bottle with yellow cap stop foaming and I couldn't get anything out of it. Does anyone in here have same problem? What did you do then? I am thinking calling the customer service for this problem.

Dude me too! The Light Blue Deep Cleansing Foam ran out completely after about a week... Im so confused why that bottle is the same size when you have to use double the amount of all the other bottles.. this is completely bs...

PROS:

This stuff is working tho... i really love the feel of it...

I wake up in the morning and my face feels amazing.

The Foam is so unique and fun to apply, also the day and night leave on foam is very light and feels like nothing.

The biggest change is it has very little irritation on my skin and my face is less oily.

I really do wish I tried this product earlier, all my other products were NOT AS EASY and had lots of irritation.

CONS:

-too bad crap custoomer service and website sux balls.

-my blue bottle broke.. i have to call for another one.. i hope they will give me one...(anyone else experience this?)

I had the same prob with the light blue one. I called and they just sent me out a new one. But since I ran out I started using the body wash which made me skin super dry. I got the new light blue one but unfortunately around that time the system stopped working for me. I don't know what to attribute this to since it should be the same product. My skin is just as oily as it was before I started it and I'm breaking out badly - several new pimples a day. Hopefully this does not happen to you, too.

I ordered Dan's system from here and I'm also going to try the rooibos team that has been recommended. Not ready to try urine as a toner like has been raved about on here.

For anyone that has been considering giving max clarity a try go order it. You dont have to sign up for a autoshipment; i didnt. Once you get to the page where you put the credit card information if you try to close it out it will ask if you want a one time two month supply for 29.95 plus 6.95 shipping.

This doesn't work anymore. I really don't want to sign up for autoshipment.

:dot:

Its been 10 days since I ordered the MaxClarity kit, and I still dont have it... I never got an email, so I had to call them. They said that it hasn't even been shipped out yet, and that they're "back ordered" and they dont know when they're going to be getting more. :evil:

But the guy claims that Ill have it by the end of next week..

So on top of the 10 days of waiting, I have to wait another two weeks.

I really hope this product works, because im going insane waiting for it

Hi everyone I'm new here.

I saw the commercials for Max Clarity and I'm thinking about making the purchase. But I wanted to know if I order the product do they sign you up for those automatic deliveries every month or do you just have to keep ordering it when you run out??

I would rather notreceive automatic deliveries just in case it doesn't work for me.

Thank you!!

Hey! i just saw your message, and i ordered the MaxClarity stuff a few days ago and they offered the automatic deliveries and i said no so they said i could pay $40 (including s&h) for a 2 month supply and no more automatic deliveries... so u can do that...

i dunno if u have ordered the stuff yet or not cause this is about a month after u posted but i hope this helps... :lol:

heres the accumulation of about a month and a half of max clarity...majority of the white heads are gone , but what the fuck is up with the red ness>? any one care to give an opinion as to what i should do based on my new photos?

post-125774-1273539933.jpg

post-125774-1273539933.jpg

heres the accumulation of about a month and a half of max clarity...majority of the white heads are gone , but what the fuck is up with the red ness>? any one care to give an opinion as to what i should do based on my new photos?

Are you using a moisturizer afterward?

I haven't got my Maxclarity kit yet, but I still use CeraVe moisturizing lotion

It seems to be working pretty well

the only moisterizer i use is a vasoline / water based lotion , i rarely use it though in fear of breaking out more , it seemed when i had white heads , whe ni put lotion on my face , even though it was water based , caused 1 or 2 whiteheads to surface, i only use moisterzer if my face is super dry and looks like i been smoking crack for a few days

Just to add my 2 cents...

I have been using max clarity for a month now and in the beginning it was ok...but now not so much. I have done everything, OTC, proactiv, accutane blah blahbah...

The first two weeks I started using it, my skin got a weird reaction to it. Like, my face would HURT and BAD especially when I used the toner at night. My face felt like it was on fire and turned like really red and it hurt so bad I couldn't sleep, but I thought thats the price you pay you know? Excruciating pain for clear skin. Well in two weeks my skin cleared up and my bf even noticed and said hey, your face stuff is working.

Cool... well after the prolonged use my face started well flaking, and being extremley dry and I started getting really fine lines and pretty much looking waaay older. Im like wtf. Its been about 4 weeks now and I started breaking out again, this time a little more cystic like around my neck and my chin. I tapered off using the toner to every other night because of all the dryness but still my face looks like CRAP.

Customer service sucks especially when I want to return it, but they keep telling me about a 96% success rate and keep trying. THANKS! That really helps...

Anyways...so I think this is another product hype that well has a lot of marketing and Im sure people have great results but after a month...my results aren't what I thought.

The things I don't like about it, that its super harsh, there is no toner (i love toner) and no moisturizer...so basically I am spending $40 for cleanser and 2 treatments.

I really wanted it to like it but my skin doesn't. Which makes me wonder because I have never had such reactions to this topically, I have tried proactive, murad acne complex, that generic proactive stuff, and tons of other OTC and I have NEVER had such dry, flaky red skin that is so painful I can't sleep at night...even when I was on Accutane my skin wasn't this bad...anyhoo

Those who are successful, congrats! I hope it works out for you!! I am going to keep trying to return this.

the only moisterizer i use is a vasoline / water based lotion , i rarely use it though in fear of breaking out more , it seemed when i had white heads , whe ni put lotion on my face , even though it was water based , caused 1 or 2 whiteheads to surface, i only use moisterzer if my face is super dry and looks like i been smoking crack for a few days

Yeah, you should definitely try CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion.

I got mine at Walgreens for about 13 bucks. And the bottle is pretty big! It will last a very long time.

Well worth it if its going to help acne.

Certain lotions will clog pores and only make things worse

post-128862-1273543972_thumb.jpg

Sooooo, after about two weeks using Maxclarity - I have this to report:

1) it does NOT irritate my skin at all. There was a bit of dryness the first day or so, but my skin was fine within about 3 days

2) easy. not 100 gels, face washes, scrubs....and no pills (which I hate) just use the foam, and whatever else you'd normally use. i did get the 'free' face wash, which seems to work fine (although I don't use it every day so I can't really say).

3) It's only been a couple of weeks, but I can say that it seems to be working. My skin is usually very dry (from so many products) or very oily, from not wanting to use those products, and now, it is looking good. Well, better than before at least. 70% improvement - I haven't had any breakouts, and the zits that I do have are starting to fade.

Has anyone tried tanning? I've heard that helps a lot, but tanning beds aren't usually my thing ;-)

I'm actually trying the product myself. I just started it last night. I've had acne problems for about 20 years! Pretty much sucks. I've been a Proactive user for many of those years and it really did work for me however, I think my skin got "sick of it" or something because It really wasnt working for me anymore so when I saw the commercial for Max Clarity, I really wanted to try it because it was different. I will post my outcome in a few weeks! Also, I have done the tanning thing and yes, it really does help acne. I just dont want to tan all the time because I also know its really not good for you to do so.

Right now I am not happy with my Max Clarity order. My skin never looked better when I was on birth control, but I decided to switch to Nuva-ring to bypass the weight gain. I decided to order Max Clarity after seeing the commercial, and at that time my skin had about 3 big cysts on it thanks to "that time of the month."

I got Max Clarity and followed all the directions. The cyst on my nose seemed to go down quickly, but the ones on my chin and cheek seemed to become worse after using the kit for the first week. During my second week on the kit, my skin was incredibly dry and red--it looked awful. I decided to lessen up on both salicylic acid and benzoyl treatments, using the face wash twice but only those treatments once a day instead of twice.

Now in my third week, my skin looks worse than ever. I broke out on my chin (I've never broke out here before) and now am getting some lovely discolored marks left behind as they clear up. My forehead is also breaking out.

I called the Max Clarity reps today to send my order back, but they basically begged me to keep using it until the trial is done in June. The guy told me a lot of people have been calling complaining that they are breaking out, but that this is part of the "process."

I am skeptical to keep using it, however. My birthday is in a few weeks, and the last thing I want is for my skin to look like crap.

My recommendation for anyone is to be very cautious before using this product--it's no "miracle" treatment, and you will go through the purging process like all other TV products.

Um, wow, why don't you guys just think a little intuitively instead of going on a blind product-hunt, wasting both money and time? Look at the ingredients. Obviously, the product won't be preforming any miracles:

It's 2.5% BP cleanser, 2.5% BP cream, and 0.5% SA.

The 2.5% BP cleanser is completely useless, as BP isn't going to stay on your skin with a 10 second application of some foam which you then wash away with water. It's been well documented these chemical 'cleansers' are a waste of time anyways, so you might as well just get any old cleanser. (But if you want to believe it works...then w/e). The 2.5% BP is nothing special. The 0.5% SA is actually quite a low concentration, as the highest you can get is 2% (for example, the 2% SA Oxy pads).

And apparently, this product instructs you to put on the SA after you put on the BP cream, which doesn't make any sense as the SA is supposed to clear your pores in preperation for the BP.

So you could replicate this product by buying a cleanser, 2.5% BP, and 2% SA Oxy pads (4x the strength of the ones offered here).

In all, this product is another scam. If 2.5% BP doesn't clear you, then 2.5% BP with a low strength SA (which is applied after the BP -_-) is certainly not going to make any difference either. I mean, why would it? Seriously, do your research.

ok im sorry but have you even tried any of this product? plus i think it might have worked because the people that

ok and when you do research you realize that 2.5 bp is most effective. The higher dosage is not better for the skin.

UPDATE: I called the customer serv. for a new light blue bottle and I should get in in around 7 days. Meanwhile! My skin is breaking out again! I think the foam really did help but without the foam my skin feels weird and even more dry because im using the body wash that came with the kit on my face.. sigh.! my skin looks terrible now

Its been 10 days since I ordered the MaxClarity kit, and I still dont have it... I never got an email, so I had to call them. They said that it hasn't even been shipped out yet, and that they're "back ordered" and they dont know when they're going to be getting more. :evil:

well consider yourself LUCKY! ive been waiting for 28 days for this stuff to arrive and they also told me they were back ordered ...they told me i could expect to get my regimen next week, well they told me that LAST week so there customer service REALLY sucks and based on all the negative reviews lately, i dont even want to try this product anymore!

UPDATE: I called the customer serv. for a new light blue bottle and I should get in in around 7 days. Meanwhile! My skin is breaking out again! I think the foam really did help but without the foam my skin feels weird and even more dry because im using the body wash that came with the kit on my face.. sigh.! my skin looks terrible now

Do they send you a new one with no charge?

Edited by Rmrl

well consider yourself LUCKY! ive been waiting for 28 days for this stuff to arrive and they also told me they were back ordered ...they told me i could expect to get my regimen next week, well they told me that LAST week so there customer service REALLY sucks and based on all the negative reviews lately, i dont even want to try this product anymore!

WOW!

I totally agree about the customer service being absolutely terrible.

And I know how you feel about not knowing if you want to try it anymore!

But at the same time, if it cures the acne I've had for years, I'll forgive them ;)

i have been using max clarity for almost 3 weeks now and i have

seen an improvement .. i do have to say though i have sensitive

skin and the cleanser gives me a little sting it's not too bad so i

been continuing to use it. the toner and the advance treatment

is great i Love it! my mom looks at me and goes ' wow, that

stuff is working ' and it puts a smile on my face cause my mom

usually go ' dang, your face is getting worst ' so to hear her say

that i know it's getting the done the only thing i don't like is i`m

ALMOST out of cleanser and i don't want to buy another kit so

i have ordered 'African black soap ' it's not BLACK people rave

about it and i will be using it after the cleanser is gone, but all

in all max clarity did clear up my skin quite a bit but i have