Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey everybody I'm back It took forever for my first shipment to arrive but it did 2 days ago and i started using it yesterday. All in all i have nothing but good things to report after one day of use my face does look better a little dry but my face has been that way for a while a lot less oily after i used it my face felt fresh and clean as it should. i believe within two weeks i'll be just fine. I dont have severe acne anymore it was bad in my high school days 16-18 im 19 now and ive been getting better with time but i believe this will definetely fix whats left just a few medium size pimples on the right side of my face and some redness on the rest of my face including some minor acne on my neck, i will report back in a week and let everyone know what MaxClarity has done for me, i hope it works cuz ive tried everything and this is bout all the patience i have left for infomercial products. lol see u all in a week.

Oh, and please use a moisturizer no matter how oily your skin, to protect the moisture barrier and keep the skin healthy. This made a huge difference for me when I started doing that.

What is a good moisturizer you recommend?

I use Neutrogena Oil Free Moisture for Sensitive Skin. It comes in a pump it works great for me. Takes away the dry spots and makes my face smooth and refreshed. There are tons of Neutrogena moisturizers out there. Take a look at your local store for some and read the boxes careful to see what each does and buy the one that best fits your skin type :)

Check for oil free and SPF 15 those are always good to have in a moisturizer

Edited by APublicAffair

hi, everyone just did account on acne.org I just got my maxclarity today and iam going to use it tomorrow 1 time , my acne is not to bad , i can say i've had it since i was 16 because of shaving than I was 19 and my beard was fully grown and just like that my acne was gone , nothing not even 1 pimple for like a 1.5 year , than one day I woke up and a huge zit on my face so i started messing with it , which turns out was bad idea, few days later in the same spot 2 pimples and week after 3,4and 5 and its been that way since 6 months i've tried neutrogena and acne free and some clerasill spot treatment none of them worked what so ever , they even dry up my skin , well am going to go with this foam and update how it goes, btw, I have not found 1 bad review on this product which is great...stay clean

this stuff definitely goes deep , I had a hugeeee cyst on my left cheek , like literally like 1/4th of my cheek was this cyst. it was so puffy and gross and full of puss and after about 2 or 3 weeks of using this stuff, the cyst is about 2 days from completely gone , but it pushed all the shit out of the cyst onto the surface , which left me with like 7 white heads , but this sure as hell beats going to a derm. This stuff def does work people , also after about 3 weeks the dryness goes away as long as u dont over kill , i use benz foam in the morning with the benz leave on , shower around 8 or 9 with the foaming body wash or wutever ( i use it on my face) and then i use the leave on sal foam. Ive probly been using this stuff the longest and so far , lots of white heads , even though it said it doesnt purge , its purging process is no where near that of proactive , as long as u dont pick it turns the white heads to goo after a day or 2 and they disappear.

Can you use moisturizer after applying the toner at night?

Yeah you can, I do. I wait about 2 minutes after i put the toner on and the i put moisturizer on my face.

So guys I'm here to update you!!! It's been two weeks since i started using maxclarity and I'm very happy to say that my skin is 95 percent clear :) I have a little whitehead and a couple blackheads but other than thoses i'm all clear. I still have some PIH but even thoughs have improved by like 50 percent since i started using the this stuff. I think there is a little purging process hence the whitehead but it's very small and it really doesnt bother me. Overall i can say that their really wasnt much irriation only a little dryness. Use a moisturizer (it's good for you skin) and protects you from the sun(get one with atleast 15 SPF) I've been using Eucerin Everyday Protection Face Lotion with 30 SPF after i noticed 15 SPF wasnt protecting me enough from the sun. But i walk 5 1/2 miles 5 days a week so if your not out in the sun that much 15 should be fine. I hope to start using a fade cream soon to help get rid on PIH. If anyone has any questions feel free to reply to this post or message me, i'll be happy to answer them. To anyone that has been on the fence about trying this go ahead and get it, you wont know until you try. Buying maxclarity has been the best 30 dollars i've spent in a while. I cant believe how much money i spent on OTC products that didnt really help. I hope everyone is getting as good results as i am.

I've been using this stuff for about 3 weeks now and I love it. The versa-foam definitely makes a huge difference, the stuff completely absorbs right into your pores instead of just sitting on your skin like with creams and lotions. My skin is way less oily and it's definitely reduced my breaking out tremendously. I haven't been using it as religiously as I should be, I've skipped the morning treatment way too many times and gone to bed without washing off my makeup(God I really need to start taking better care of my skin) but even so I'm noticing a huge improvement. I really like the SA toner, it's less SA % than I usually use but I can feel it working way more than any other SA product I've tried. It gets right down into every pore and has already cleared up most of my clogged pores. Some of them turned into small pimples before going away completely but this was very minimal and they cleared up very fast. And the pores, which were clogged for God knows how long, were cleared out.

I've always hated using BP, the way it makes my skin feel, and makes it all red and blotchy. But with this stuff it's no problem at all. It absorbs so thoroughly into my skin that there's nothing left on the surface to irritate my outer layer of skin. The medication goes down where it needs to. I will definitely be sticking with this stuff.

I can tell you this DOES work. And Steifel Company makes PRESCRIPTION acne medication (check out their website).

This product uses two products, both benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid which dermatologist recommend USING TOGETHER for the best non-prescription acne control.

Why Dan discontinued salicylic acid and recommends alpha hydroxy acids is beyond me. Alpha hydroxys just don't have the clinical study backing that salicylic acid has for acne.

I used the original formula Max Clarity, which has now been changed to the exceptional foam formulas. Max Clarity now uses micronized benzoyl peroxide crystals for more penetration and less irritation. You'll notice that Proactiv Solution has even improved their formulation; the product now being made with micronized BP.

Max Clarity rocks. You need BP to kill bacteria and salicylic acid to penetrate WITHIN THE PORES through oil, which alpha hydroxys just cannot do.

I love this acne kit. I predict it will be the #1 selling acne kit in the country once more folks catch on. Oh, and I have VERY sensitive skin. This product does not irritate my skin!

Highly, highly recommended.

I think the problem with Dan's SA was it's strength. It was too strong and it would literally force out all the gunk that was clogged, which is what it's suppose to do i guess, but forcing it out would cause inflammation and therefore PIH, plus extended healing time. I've done my own treatment similar to Max clarity and it worked for me. The key is using 0.5% SA, which is strong enough to keep dead cells from accumulating, but weak enough where it doesnt force the gunk out. That's key because it gives them BP time to work, reducing the infection, so in the end the pimple gets re-absorbed with little inflammation, therefore heals quicker.

For anyone interested, i used Stridex's sennsitive pads, which have 0.5% SA and i used dan's BP.

Um, wow, why don't you guys just think a little intuitively instead of going on a blind product-hunt, wasting both money and time? Look at the ingredients. Obviously, the product won't be preforming any miracles:

It's 2.5% BP cleanser, 2.5% BP cream, and 0.5% SA.

The 2.5% BP cleanser is completely useless, as BP isn't going to stay on your skin with a 10 second application of some foam which you then wash away with water. It's been well documented these chemical 'cleansers' are a waste of time anyways, so you might as well just get any old cleanser. (But if you want to believe it works...then w/e). The 2.5% BP is nothing special. The 0.5% SA is actually quite a low concentration, as the highest you can get is 2% (for example, the 2% SA Oxy pads).

And apparently, this product instructs you to put on the SA after you put on the BP cream, which doesn't make any sense as the SA is supposed to clear your pores in preperation for the BP.

So you could replicate this product by buying a cleanser, 2.5% BP, and 2% SA Oxy pads (4x the strength of the ones offered here).

In all, this product is another scam. If 2.5% BP doesn't clear you, then 2.5% BP with a low strength SA (which is applied after the BP -_-) is certainly not going to make any difference either. I mean, why would it? Seriously, do your research.

First of all. BP, as a single ingredient, will work whether it's dan's or whoever, but a BP product, is NOT the same from brand to brand. It's important to remember they add different ingredients and although they are considered "inactive" for acne, they can still cause irritation, dryness, or some other kind of side effect for some people. So no, not any 2.5% BP will clear you. They are technically not all the same. Also, BP itself causes dryness and irritation, so sometimes it may kill acne, but its side effects are too much for people to deal with. That being said, if Maxclarity found the perfect mix of inactive ingredients and BP that minimize or control side effects, then it would be different from all the other BPs and SAs out there.

I can tell you I myself stuck to stridex's SA because it was alcohol free and had aloe. It did the job with minimal, if any, irritation, but i used an SA that didnt have aloe or had alcohol it irritated too much to use.

Yes 0.5% isn't a special concentration of SA, but it's not about having higher or max concentrations. It's about finding the one that works. The max concentrations are basically the highest possible that is effective and safe, not necessarily the one that works best. Just look at BP, they found 2.5% works better or the same as 10%. Same thing goes for the SA. A higher strength isn't always more effective. Sure if you got a huge already formed cyst that won't die, then max strength SA will dot he best job. But what if yo have a smaller pimple? max strength just blows it up, forces the gunk out, creating a bigger pimple during the process. That's where a lower strength comes in handy. Doesnt force it out, just clams it and controls it. Alone it's not enough to kill the pimple, but that's why this treatment adds BP.

I've read many reviews of this product and so far, most reviews say it works so I'm ordering it today to try it out. I know everyone reacts differently to medications/cleansers/etc., but I'm hopeful it will help me!

I've had acne since I was young and I even went as far as to use Accutane. Accutane did wonders for me, but it's been a few years since I've gone through the process and I am starting to see it come back (not as severe, but still there). I do not want to go back through the Accutane process so I'm going to try this. Awhile ago (before I did Accutane) I did use Proactiv, which did help me but I did NOT like how it bleached my towels, pillowcases, clothes, etc. Also, after awhile it wasn't as effective, so I stopped using it. I'm hoping that Max Clarity will do the trick for me and I'm hoping after some time its effectiveness doesn't wear off.

I will also let everyone know how it affects me. :) Good luck to everyone who tries it and is using it!

Hello fellow acne-sufferers. I've had acne since I was 9 or 10 years old, as soon as I hit puberty, my face exploded with zits and my pores became giant crators on my face. Imagine (as some of you don't need to) being the only 4th-grader in your entire elementary school with pimples. I'm 17 now, almost 18 and I still suffer from acne, although it seems to be beginning to go away (not that it makes me any less self-conscious about my face). I have pimples EVERYWHERE. And when I say everywhere, I absolutely mean it. My entire face, chest, shoulders, back, and back of my legs have pimples and breakouts. Watching infomercials about skin-care products and "miracle solutions" is absolutely heart-breaking. I've tried ProActive, Murad, Clearasil, Noxzema, Neutrogena (which seems to work best so far), Clean&Clear...you name it, I've tried it. I've read in many places that the ideal cleanser for people with oily skin is a foam cleanser so when I saw the MaxClarity commercial, my heart stopped for a moment. I made my mom order it yesterday, and I want it to come RIGHT NOW. I am so excited to see if this product will work on my terrible skin, and reading all of your stories has made me more hopeful than usual (which might turn out to be disappointing). The only thing that has ever seemed to actually work on my skin was a regiment of antibiotics that were perscribed to me prior to experiencing ten consecutive MRSA staph infections on various parts of my body. But anitbiotics are becoming far more regulated by medical society today and my doctor refused to make my treatments permanent to help prevent my staph infections (which consisted in large, painful postules that would inhibit my ability to walk when they appeared on my legs) and simultaneously clear my skin. I was devastated and have spent a long time since then searching for ANYTHING. I hope I've found it and I'll post back when I get my MaxClarity system, a week after that, and a month after that. I hope my skin will be clear for prom!! :D

Hello fellow acne-sufferers. I've had acne since I was 9 or 10 years old, as soon as I hit puberty, my face exploded with zits and my pores became giant crators on my face. Imagine (as some of you don't need to) being the only 4th-grader in your entire elementary school with pimples. I'm 17 now, almost 18 and I still suffer from acne, although it seems to be beginning to go away (not that it makes me any less self-conscious about my face). I have pimples EVERYWHERE. And when I say everywhere, I absolutely mean it. My entire face, chest, shoulders, back, and back of my legs have pimples and breakouts. Watching infomercials about skin-care products and "miracle solutions" is absolutely heart-breaking. I've tried ProActive, Murad, Clearasil, Noxzema, Neutrogena (which seems to work best so far), Clean&Clear...you name it, I've tried it. I've read in many places that the ideal cleanser for people with oily skin is a foam cleanser so when I saw the MaxClarity commercial, my heart stopped for a moment. I made my mom order it yesterday, and I want it to come RIGHT NOW. I am so excited to see if this product will work on my terrible skin, and reading all of your stories has made me more hopeful than usual (which might turn out to be disappointing). The only thing that has ever seemed to actually work on my skin was a regiment of antibiotics that were perscribed to me prior to experiencing ten consecutive MRSA staph infections on various parts of my body. But anitbiotics are becoming far more regulated by medical society today and my doctor refused to make my treatments permanent to help prevent my staph infections (which consisted in large, painful postules that would inhibit my ability to walk when they appeared on my legs) and simultaneously clear my skin. I was devastated and have spent a long time since then searching for ANYTHING. I hope I've found it and I'll post back when I get my MaxClarity system, a week after that, and a month after that. I hope my skin will be clear for prom!! :D

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF MAX CLARITY SHIPS TO CANADA??????? thanks.

The website is very underdeveloped, so it doesn't have a section that says where they are able to ship to or what the restrictions are. If you go to their website (maxclarityfree.com) and put your address in when it asks where you want it shipped, it should tell you whether or not the company is able to ship to your home in Canada. Good luck!

Haha I sure hope not, screw you canadians :)

Tbeezy, by now I'm sure you've done quite a bit of lurking on these boards. Generally speaking, a "well, good luck!" works better than a "screw you" when it comes to support forums. Just sayin'...

;)

I would very much like to see more reviews from people who've used this.

what? your horrible! why would you say such a thing.

I am almost 100% positive they were just kidding. I hope you were able to find out if the system is able to ship to Canada. If not, I hope you find some way of getting it (that is, if you want to get it, which I would assume since I don't know why else you would be asking) AND I hope that it works for you (if you want to get it, which again, seems to be your goal).

I've tried lots of topical solution products. I recently joined a company called market america. some of you may know about it. but i have been using couple of products from a product line called timeless prescription. I don't use the Acne 3 Step (reminds me of pro-active) much. But I am using Oxygen Extreme, which is a anti oxidant and liver and stuff. And I just started using Prevaderm, which is anti-blemish. I'm done using topical solutions. I started a huge break out at the age of 19. now I'm 25 and used several topical products. I would say that 30% of my acne went away in those 6 years. 2 months of oxygen extreme and now lot of my bumps went down and my face isn't as red anymore. I have 2 months before pictures and present pictures if you guys want to see. Please ask me about it if anyone is interested about the pictures or products.

Edited by kevsta

I was really surprized how quick I got my delivery. I think it was in a matter of a few days. So I am really liking the results my pimples are decreasing in size, and it the time of the month for me where my acne gets worse, it hardly even looks it! My friends and fam are noticing a huge difference. I however have a question so before getting this product I have been using retin-a micro gel 0.01, to help with my scars and hyperpigmentation. I was wondering if I can still use this along with my new skincare routine max clarity? I read you can't combine retina and benzyol peroxide because the nuetralize eachother. Is there someway I can continue using retin-a? I only use retina at night. Thanks so much!

So i recieved my MaxClarity kit in the mail todat yay! just used the cleanser and toner, felt good, face feels clean and fresh, wanted to know though how often do u guys use the other am/pm cleanser? I'm hoping for good results i'll keep u guys updated on my progress!

So I just ordered my Max Clarity. They have a special going on where you can get 5 months free if you order 5 months worth of product. They break it up into 5 installments so you don't have to pay it all at once. I have heard good things about the product and it has a money back guarantee so I figure it couldn't hurt to give it a try (I've pretty much everything else). I'll keep you updated on how it goes.

P,S. The total cost with taxes was like $28 (I live in Texas).

i'd be curious to hear dan's take on this product. i'd like to have him try it and do a review.

MissPerfectly, I am from Texas too and I ordered my set yesterday going for 5 months offer.. But I didn't quite got how they are going to charge me .. monthly 28USD ? can you please explain? :question::D Cannot wait when I get it.. ETA was scheduled in 7-10 days.. but looks like it comes faster than than that.