Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Um, wow, why don't you guys just think a little intuitively instead of going on a blind product-hunt, wasting both money and time? Look at the ingredients. Obviously, the product won't be preforming any miracles:

It's 2.5% BP cleanser, 2.5% BP cream, and 0.5% SA.

The 2.5% BP cleanser is completely useless, as BP isn't going to stay on your skin with a 10 second application of some foam which you then wash away with water. It's been well documented these chemical 'cleansers' are a waste of time anyways, so you might as well just get any old cleanser. (But if you want to believe it works...then w/e). The 2.5% BP is nothing special. The 0.5% SA is actually quite a low concentration, as the highest you can get is 2% (for example, the 2% SA Oxy pads).

And apparently, this product instructs you to put on the SA after you put on the BP cream, which doesn't make any sense as the SA is supposed to clear your pores in preperation for the BP.

So you could replicate this product by buying a cleanser, 2.5% BP, and 2% SA Oxy pads (4x the strength of the ones offered here).

In all, this product is another scam. If 2.5% BP doesn't clear you, then 2.5% BP with a low strength SA (which is applied after the BP -_-) is certainly not going to make any difference either. I mean, why would it? Seriously, do your research.

No offense Beautiful Day, but I think it's you that hasn't done your research. If you had actually researched the product you would have seen that you wash your face in the morning then put on BP and then at night wash your face and use the SA, it's not one product sitting on top of another.

Actually you rub the foam cleanser in for 1 to 2 minutes not 10 seconds.

Research shows that BP and SA are the top things to use to get rid of acne and it's extremely good when used together. I think it's rather judgemental of you to say that the product is a scam when you yourself havent tried the product, and apparently you didnt read other peoples reviews on here almost everyone that has used it so far as seen improvements. Plus i have yet to see a foam BP or SA product in the stores. So i would leave comments like "it's a scam" to be determined by the people that have actually used it :)

Listen, this crap isn't magic. If 2.5% BP clears you, then 2.5% BP clears you and you don't need any fancy "Max Clarity Foam" to do it. And if it doesn't, then adding 0.5% SA isn't going to do shit. That was my point. I think it's pretty reasonable.

I understand you point and i know it's not magic, but I have used BP 2.5 cream before and i didnt see as good results with the cream as i have using the max clarity foam. It's also been a lot less irritating to my skin. I think people should it try, and if it turns out to be crap they can always return it. There's no loss only information gained.

Beautiful Day, no offense, but you are certainly no expert.

Studies have been done - google them - that benzoyl peroxide cleanser is an effective way of managing acne bacteria if massaged in for 20 seconds and then rinsed for 10 seconds.

Salicylic acid exfoliates the pores. It is used at a different time than the leave on- BP. Smart move on Steifel Labs part - this causes minimal irritation. Even I got that, and I'm no rocket scientist.

Frankly, I don't think you know what you are even talking about.

Steifel Labs (who make Max Clarity) are a pharma company that has been around for 160 years!!

They are reputable and worldwide. They make prescription drugs in Europe and the United States. yeah, I researched them before I bought. I wasn't going to order from some fly-by-night company.

Max Clarity is an excellent product.

P.s. Beautiful Day, you couldn't even get it right.

You put on the SA in the evening and the BP in the morning, as I mentioned above, for minimal irritation. You don't put one over the other.

Please, instead of instructing us to do OUR research, do some of your own.

hey, i'm pretty interested in this as well.. although i'm wondering if it'll work on my skin :think: i have really oily skin, clogged pores and those red under-the-skin bumps that hardly come to a head. anyone who has been using this get results with this type acne? thanks =)

Do let us know how it goes :) I find these ads for miracle acne products cruel, selling false hope... and I hate proactiv, especially that it's everywhere and it doesn't work. It'd be great if one of these tv acne products worked. I hope it does for you! :D

I completely agree, they put the same proactive commercials that celeberties promote like 20 times a day, and it doesnt even work. seeing them just makes me feel worse.

My mom saw the commercial for this and told me to buy it. However one day previously I had just ordered a different regimen :/ So I guess I'll try this next if mine doesn't work, hopefully people keep updating!

hey, i'm pretty interested in this as well.. although i'm wondering if it'll work on my skin :think: i have really oily skin, clogged pores and those red under-the-skin bumps that hardly come to a head. anyone who has been using this get results with this type acne? thanks =)

Hey there, I have very oily skin and cystic acne that was painful to the touch that stayed under the skin, but now that I have been using MaxClarity, I have found that the oil production have reduced dramatically. The cystic acne have been reduced and no longer painful for the time that I have been using the product, tomorrow will make a week. I hope this is good enough information for you to try the product.

Hi All,

New to the boards. I saw the ad for Max Clarity this morning and I figured i'd do some research to see how the product works.

A little backround on my story - i've had acne since I was 14, it really sucks! The only thing that really really worked, and I mean clear beautiful skin consistantly was Accutane, which I took two separate times, but it's very bad for you and once you discontinue it bc you can't stay on it forever the acne starts coming back)

I'm now 26 and recently stopped taking the pill which sent me back into breakout mode. I've been seeing a dermatologist now for about a year and the results were great until i stopped the pill. I went back to the derm to see if they could give me something else to try (bc i think my skin was getting used to the products i was using) - but due to the fact that my husband and I are starting to think about getting pregnant she took me off of everything! The one thing that she did give me (a product for roseasa) is actually very mild and i'm not sure that it's doing much.

Once she took me off of everything I went out and bought Acne Free (which worked well for me in the past, when nothing else did, not ProActive or any other over the counter treatments - short of Accutane of course!)

So i've been using Acne Free for a couple weeks now and it's defintely cleared up my skin (I'm still using the Roseasa product along with it as well)

Anyways bc i'm still getting breakouts here and there, although they're better, the Max Clarity really caught my attention. I'd LOVE to hear more updates!

I just ordered MaxClarity foam kit yesterday because I'm getting desperate.

Body acne (specifically: butt) and I'm a little worried this will be too strong for that area. Especially need to be careful the same way you'd need to be careful around your mouth (for obvious reasons).

I'm hoping that the foam consistency will make it easier to absorb, not get on clothes, and stay in one place.

I also plan to use it for my face.

I'll let you know how it works for me once I get it.

I am also considering ordering MaxClarity, but i have my doubts. I have tried proactive back when i just had it mild, but it never completly cleared up my skin. It got expensive and since my skin wasn't completly clear i though it wasn't worth it anymore. that was a mistake because after i stopped using the treatment, slowly but surely my skin began to worsen. i have tried drug store products but they are just too harsh. I then tried skinID, but it make my skin very irritated and red. And not much improvement. Another skin care system i tried was Exposed acne treatment, and that product did improve my skin slightly, it reduced my redness, but i still had acne. i am 17 and i have moderate acne, and I am using Dan's BP and the whole regimen thing, and i have seen so much more improvement, but not enough. I am on week 12 1/2 and I don't know if i should stick with it or move on, and try something else. i wonder if Dan's BP is even going in deep into the pores, like MaxClarity says it does. Any advise?

I've been using Max Clarity for about a week now and i've noticed a few things, good and bad. Some of the good things it did for my face was, it reduced a lot of my pimple sizes and the redness is starting to fade away, but for some reason this product have been making me break out with whiteheads. Does that mean the product is working? Or is this bad? I usually never get whiteheads.

A little about me: I have pretty sever acne, I'm 20, I exercise regularly and drink lots of water. My acne most likely comes from stress/depression.

Anyways, someone please get back at me.

I don't want to continue use if i'm just gonna keep getting these ugly whiteheads.

I am also considering ordering MaxClarity, but i have my doubts. I have tried proactive back when i just had it mild, but it never completly cleared up my skin. It got expensive and since my skin wasn't completly clear i though it wasn't worth it anymore. that was a mistake because after i stopped using the treatment, slowly but surely my skin began to worsen. i have tried drug store products but they are just too harsh. I then tried skinID, but it make my skin very irritated and red. And not much improvement. Another skin care system i tried was Exposed acne treatment, and that product did improve my skin slightly, it reduced my redness, but i still had acne. i am 17 and i have moderate acne, and I am using Dan's BP and the whole regimen thing, and i have seen so much more improvement, but not enough. I am on week 12 1/2 and I don't know if i should stick with it or move on, and try something else. i wonder if Dan's BP is even going in deep into the pores, like MaxClarity says it does. Any advise?

I was wondering if anyone tried the BP stuff, so you don't really recommend it? I think that's the thing with Acne, even the stuff that "works" doesn't work forever and it's so frustrating!

Edited by Jamier125

Ok so i just joined like 5 minutes ago after reading everyone's reviews and questions about Max Clarity. I have been using proactive for almost a year and it does work but proactive seemed to dry out my face to much and felt like it burned my skin it was very uncomfortable but it did clear up my skin but didn't stop break outs, so clear skin with a few break outs seemed worth the pain i guess. I seen Max Clarity's ad on tv awhile ago and wanted to give it a try because it was a lotion FREE type of acne medication. I ordered it on a Monday and got it Wednesday. Shipping was FAST. I discontinued proactive and started Max Clarity on 3/10/2010. Within the first 3 days of using it i seen a big difference. It did NOT dry out my skin and cleared up a few zits in the making. Tomorrow marks my 30th day of using this product and i have to say i LOVE IT. It's so easy to use and it cleared my redness and acne up within the first week. The only problem with this product is the bottles are kinda small and the product does go fast so i recommend to use small decent sizes of the foam to make the product last longer. BUT I CAN SAY IT WORKS! Also some people were concerned about the smell.. it DOES not smell bad to me at all. Proactive smells TERRIBLE to me, but Max Clarity did not leave a weird smell on my face like proactive did. I also noticed my face being less oily when using this product. My skin used to be so oily and red until i found Max Clarity. It truly is an amazing product and im so happy i found it. Trust me if you are like me that has tried everything you can think just give Max Clarity a try im pretty sure you will love it. I also tan.. " I KNOW I KNOW it's bad for your skin.." lol but i can say TANNING does help my acne/redness as well. I have no more redness and very little breakouts. Max Clarity does control the breakouts so give it a try and let me know how you like it. Well i hope this helps someone. Thanks for reading. Let me know if you have any questions :)!!

I also recommend drinking LOTS of water. :) that helps ALOT

Edited by APublicAffair

I've been using the MaxClarity for 1 week now. I know that's not any great length of time, but I have to say I am already so happy I ordered it. I'm 32 years old, and I've been dealing with acne since I've been 11. So I've been around the block as far as trying everything from clearasil to highly recommended dermatologists. Anything that remotely helped clear up my acne also left my skin SO DRY it was impossible to continue it's use. My skin is clearing up day by day, but the thing I can not really believe is how less oily my skin is. Anything I have used in the past always left me with very dry, very flaky skin and still a face full oil by lunchtime. I actually feel like I have normal, well balanced skin. Every time I look in the mirror I have to do a double take because I can't believe how healthy and glowing my skin is looking. Even others have commented on it and they wanted to know what I was using. And to comment on one of the previous posts, I don't think that MaxClarity has any odor either. But, the way I see it, I would rather use something a little less odor pleasing if it clears up my skin, then something that smells like a bed of roses but does zero for my acne.

Woot! My Max Clarity Foam FINALLY came in the mail today! Since I got it later during the day I decided to use the nighttime products right away.

I used the Deep Cleanser and the Rejuvenating Toner. The foam is great! I have a rather large paper cut that is covered with a band-aid on my finger, but the foam still seeped through. ARGH, it was painful so if you have any cuts/scrapes on your fingers be careful because the foam will make it sting. As I was washing my face and putting on the toner I felt like my skin was really getting clean. The toner stung a little bit, but I'm sure it will go away with time. About an hour later I noticed a rather large and red pimple I have on my jawline decreased in redness and the size was cut down in half. I'm really excited to see the progress (I hope!) from this kit. If you're unsure about getting it, just ORDER IT. Really, what do you have to lose besides your acne? You'll never know if you never try it and at $20 it's a good price. If you're not satisfied you'll get your money back.

I'll come back in a week and update :dance:

Whoohoo!! I'm glad I found this forum...I ordered MaxClarity and just received it today but was afraid to try it. I'll keep you all posted on how it goes. I have a lot of Red & Brown scars because I've had acne practically since I can remember and I'm going on 30 years old now. Although ProActiv has been able to keep my acne pretty much in control, nothing has ever removed my scars...I am so self conscious about my skin and avoid to be outdoors in the sun where my bumps and scars are so much more obvious. I've never been able to walk out my house without makeup for the same reason. I'd be so happy if this product cleared up my skin!! May not do miracles, but at the very least, clarify it pretty good.

I bought this product, even though I'm not breaking out because of Tazorac. The one problem tazorac hasn't solved is my T-Zone. It seems to excessively dry up every other inch of my skin. Thoughts?

Ok so I have an update for you all. I have been using Max clarity for about a week and having been following all the directions. I do the benzoyl peroxide wash and benzoyl peroxide leave on stuff in the morning and at night i use the benzoyl peroxide wash and leave on salicylic acid stuff.

I was very impressed when first using this stuff. The medicine comes out as a foam and like they claim in the commercials it does absorb into your skin very fast. The leave on creams dissapear into your skin within in seconds and do not leave any oily residues like some other medications I have used in the past.

For those of you with fast growing beard hair like myself, you will also like this product. Even when my thick stubble comes in, the foam medications still are able to rub into my skin fairly easily.

Within a few days my skin had noticeably improved and I had no big pimples left on my face. I usually get a new big nasty pimple every few days normally and I always have tons of small red pimples. After a few days of using this my skin was starting to look a lot clearer.

Here is the negative part however, after about the fourth day of using this system my skin started to get really red, itchy, and irritated. The front of my neck and chin got extremely itchy and red looking. I have been using moisterizers as well, but I guess even that was not enough to prevent this.

So, I am a bit dissapointed with this currently. I am going to experiment a bit and see if I can start using some of the medication in this system less frequently. I am thinking of just using the leave on benzyol peroxide foam in the morning and only using the salicylic acid leave on foam in the evening. I will just wash my face with water and a face cloth before applying these instead of washing with the benzoyl peroxide foam wash as well.

Edited by dieacnedie!

Hi everyone I'm new here.

I saw the commercials for Max Clarity and I'm thinking about making the purchase. But I wanted to know if I order the product do they sign you up for those automatic deliveries every month or do you just have to keep ordering it when you run out??

I would rather notreceive automatic deliveries just in case it doesn't work for me.

Thank you!!

I have been a member here for about 4 years but have not posted in awhile. My daughter has had acne since age 11 (she is now 16) and it will be two years in October that she was put on Accutane (age 14) because she broke out with very bad cystic acne that summer. With minimal effects (I had her on 7 different vitamins, minerals and herbs to support her system) she went off tane after 6 months. Her face was clear for about 6 months then she started having very small breakout mostly around the hairline.

The only bad effect was the red marks left behind which really havent faded all that much. With a lot of experimentation with makeup, we have found she can pretty much cover up the red marks.

Anyway I saw the infomercial this morning and found this post. Thanks everyone for your reviews. I plan on ordering this because my daughter prefers foam and I think she will use it because it is also supposed to reduce the redness.

Please continue to leave reviews and I hope this helps everyone. I would rather my daughter not go back on tane or any other acne pills.

I am curious how much it costs after the first purchase. If anyone reorders I would be interested in knowing how much it costs.

Good luck everyone!

I have been a member here for about 4 years but have not posted in awhile. My daughter has had acne since age 11 (she is now 16) and it will be two years in October that she was put on Accutane (age 14) because she broke out with very bad cystic acne that summer. With minimal effects (I had her on 7 different vitamins, minerals and herbs to support her system) she went off tane after 6 months. Her face was clear for about 6 months then she started having very small breakout mostly around the hairline.

The only bad effect was the red marks left behind which really havent faded all that much. With a lot of experimentation with makeup, we have found she can pretty much cover up the red marks.

Anyway I saw the infomercial this morning and found this post. Thanks everyone for your reviews. I plan on ordering this because my daughter prefers foam and I think she will use it because it is also supposed to reduce the redness.

Please continue to leave reviews and I hope this helps everyone. I would rather my daughter not go back on tane or any other acne pills.

I am curious how much it costs after the first purchase. If anyone reorders I would be interested in knowing how much it costs.

Good luck everyone!

The acne around your daughters hair line probably comes from her hair products she uses.. i get small break outs there to because of the products i put in my hair before i flat iron ect, so be careful with that. As for the price read below is what there terms say.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Every 60 days you will receive another two-month supply of the complete MaxClarity™ Foam System. Your credit card will be charged $19.95 + $6.95 S&P ($26.90) upon shipment, and $19.95 30 days later. If you'd prefer to make just one payment of $46.85 every 60 days, simply call MaxClarity Customer Care at 877-545-3629.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If It is a bit confusing to you i would call to place my order and they will give you the dates of how much money they will be charging after the trial period. I hope this helps. Let me know if you have other questions. :)

Edited by APublicAffair