Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Person~

Red spots and my regime?

I am on minocycline and Tazorac. My acne is basically gone; just a bunch of red spots/marks let. I also use a salicylic acid cleanser in the morning and night.

I was wondering if I should change to something that says "redness soothing" or something like that? However, all of these cleansers don't have salicylic acid. Does it really matter if that is in there or not? Would it have any effect with my regime? I found one that does have salicylic acid (the Neutrogena redness soothing oil free acne wash) but it's comedogenic!

How can people buy comedogenic products when it actually makes acne worse!? I don't get it. Thanks! What cleanser to use?

I am on minocycline and Tazorac. My acne is basically gone; just a bunch of red spots/marks let. I also use a salicylic acid cleanser in the morning and night.

I was wondering if I should change to something that says "redness soothing" or something like that? However, all of these cleansers don't have salicylic acid. Does it really matter if that is in there or not? Would it have any effect with my regime? I found one that does have salicylic acid (the Neutrogena redness soothing oil free acne wash) but it's comedogenic!

How can people buy comedogenic products when it actually makes acne worse!? I don't get it. Thanks! What cleanser to use?

don't use the neutrogena one, i used it and it broke me out like crazy even though it took way the redness. try zapzyt, their products are awesome!

Of course you can't use the Neutrogena Redness Soothing Acne Wash because it's comedogenic. That basically guarantees that you will break out from it if you have acne. How can they sell things like that? I don't understand.

What is a redness soothing cleanser that has acne fighting power and is not comedogenic? I got this Aveeno one but it basically doesn't have anything..It's just noncomedogenic and "redness soothing." Will it really matter if I use salicylic acid or not? I still have tazorac. Thanks!

So does using a cleanser that has salicylic acid or benozine peroxide help much? I'm scared to stop using it because I might break out again...(still on minocycline and tazorac too). Thanks!

So does using a cleanser that has salicylic acid or benozine peroxide help much? I'm scared to stop using it because I might break out again...(still on minocycline and tazorac too). Thanks!

It depends on the person. Natural treatments work the best for most people. And, they are inexpensive. Look at the ratings of tea tree oil, jojoba oil, and the products you use to see for yourself :)

While cleansers such as these will help reduce the size of your pimples and allow your whiteheads to vanish... it will not prevent more pimples or whiteheads from forming. In order to prevent more breakouts it is best to live a healthy lifestyle. If you want help just shoot me a message :)

everyones skin reacts differently.. if you have red spots then don't use bp because it will make it redder (i'm speaking from experience ugh). like that guy said you could try jojoba oil and TTO i heard they're good for red spots. jojoba oil is amazing, it repairs damaged skin. remember to dilute the TTO with water so it won't be so irritating

or you could try zapzyt. its the best OTC product.. try their acne wash it has aloe vera, chamomile, and SA.. my friend used it and she got amazing results. that alone won't be enough to prevent acne so try acnefree BP gel.. it contains 2.0% bp and willowbark (natural SA)

Edited by hellstorm

Thanks for the replies :)

I am actually living a very healthy lifestyle now. No salt no sugar. No milk. Limit red meats and only whole grains (but limited.) I am also taking fish oil, zinc and vitamin d3 supplements (only 1 each day, not all at the same time.)

I'm going to see my dermatologist again this week. So you guys wouldn't recommend using anything with salicylic acid or benozine peroxide? Right now my regime is I use a 2% salicylic acid cleanser in the morning then this Aveeno "redness soothing" cleanser at night before applying tazorac.

What is the best cleanser to get rid of red spots/marks but also prevent new pimples from forming? I'm scared to stop using salicylic acid. Also, when I do stop taking Minocycline/Tazorac I don't want new pimples to start to form. Therefore, I want a cleanser that should at least have some acne fighting power right? Thanks and please help!

I also didn't mention that my skin is somewhat oily...It's either from the Tazorac or the cleansers? It sounds odd because Tazorac is supposed to dry out skin.

Edited by Person~

Thanks for the replies :)

I am actually living a very healthy lifestyle now. No salt no sugar. No milk. Limit red meats and only whole grains (but limited.) I am also taking fish oil, zinc and vitamin d3 supplements (only 1 each day, not all at the same time.)

I'm going to see my dermatologist again this week. So you guys wouldn't recommend using anything with salicylic acid or benozine peroxide? Right now my regime is I use a 2% salicylic acid cleanser in the morning then this Aveeno "redness soothing" cleanser at night before applying tazorac.

What is the best cleanser to get rid of red spots/marks but also prevent new pimples from forming? I'm scared to stop using salicylic acid. Also, when I do stop taking Minocycline/Tazorac I don't want new pimples to start to form. Therefore, I want a cleanser that should at least have some acne fighting power right? Thanks and please help!

I also didn't mention that my skin is somewhat oily...It's either from the Tazorac or the cleansers? It sounds odd because Tazorac is supposed to dry out skin.

You say you are living a healthy lifestyle but only talk about diet. Do you exercise on a regular basis and get adequate sleep nightly? Do you spend time outside, basking in the sun for 15 minutes a day and breathing in fresh air? What about your stress levels? It is more than just diet...

As far as using cleansers... I have been suffering with acne for almost 6 years bud. I have tried just about everything. The only thing that has worked consistently and that has made me happy (thats our ultimate goal, right?) is living a healthy lifestyle. Again, this is more than just diet.

Also, you say that you limit red meats. Why? Quality red meat is very healthy for you. Grass finished and organic meat has many benefits and can help promote clear skin.

Feel free to shoot me a message if you want some 1 on 1 help.

Hi Todd,

Thanks for offering to help! I am actually living a healthy lifestyle (except for the sun since..well it's winter...but I do try to get out whenever possible.) I have a relatively low stress level and get 8 hours of sleep. I do try to eat red meat when possible as well but not too much (ie. every day.)

I'm pretty young and have had acne come and (almost) go since 11 years old. As mentioned before Tazorac and Minocycline reduced my acne. However, only the red remains.

The only question I have is about a cleanser. My dermatologist says he "doesn't really know of anything." The cleanser is one of the most important things! Since after I stop taking Minocycline and Tazorac it will be the only thing that could tackle the acne. I cannot find a noncomedogenic cleanser that "soothes redness." This is really all I ask. Thank you!