Notifications
Clear all

Taking Accutane and Coffee!

MemberMember
(@rachk3315)

Posted : 02/04/2010 10:34 am

hey guys, this might be a silly question but i was wondering, in the morning i like to drink coffee and i usually drink it with breakfast when i take my accutane pill (20mg in the morning and 40 at night). Is it ok to drink coffee right after i took my pill or will it effect the absporption? Also does it matter when i take my vitamins?

MemberMember
(@siava)

Posted : 02/04/2010 11:06 am

It won't matter. I inhale coffee all day, every day and it didn't effect the course at all. Not sure about the vitamins though seeing as I don't take suppliments. Hope somebody can answer that for you. Good luck! :)

MemberMember
(@siava)

Posted : 02/05/2010 6:48 am

Haha! I was up to 5 cups a day, but have been able to cut it back to 3 by throwing in some herbal tea. It's so hard though 'cause coffee rocks.

MemberMember
(@kls2323)

Posted : 02/07/2010 3:09 pm

I was wondering about this same thing. I thought maybe my am coffee has something to do with the fact I am not clearing up as quickly as I would like to be into my 3rd month of Accutane.

MemberMember
(@siava)

Posted : 02/07/2010 5:10 pm

kls2323, I honestly don't think coffee makes or breaks the results. This drug is sooooo slow working. Some folks do clear up right away, but that's not the majority (of the people that have posted on this site in this section). Many many many people that I've seen posting don't totally clear up until near the end and some don't see the results of an entire course until after it's done. It's so very frustrating, but don't give up hope. :)

MemberMember
(@headtrip_honey)

Posted : 02/07/2010 5:46 pm

I was wondering about this same thing. I thought maybe my am coffee has something to do with the fact I am not clearing up as quickly as I would like to be into my 3rd month of Accutane.

I mainline coffee and have had no adverse results.

So no, coffee does NOT affect accutane absorption.

MemberMember
(@houria)

Posted : 12/19/2020 5:46 am

in my opinion that is a concantrated vitamin A so it might be effected by coffe to be safe i alway give 2hr time after the pill but still i wish some source answer to confirm which is right . i wish i can enjoy my coffe freerly tho lol