Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Why is it that even though I'm very careful not to pick or irritate my acne, it ALWAYS leaves red marks. It ONLY does this on my chin. They're lasting a really long time. Can anyone shed some light on this? :cry:

Sorry for not having any scientific or clinically backed input......but it ultimately comes down to skin type and genetics. Cysts generally leave red marks, the deeper the infection is on your chin, the more prone your skin is to hyperpigmentation. Also, Ive noticed, if your skin is dry and stays dry, Red marks are prolonged. Sunlight also prolongs hyperpifmentation.

I personally believe it all comes down to body chemistry. There was a point where my red marks would only last for two weeks tops. All of a sudden, they started lasting for up to two months. I changed my diet, supplements, starting running and lifting like a mad man and made some other changes and I'm back to my red marks lasting for two weeks maximum. I think just like acne, if you are proactive with your red marks you can change the process.

Seriously 2 weeks??? I lift Run and do abs everyday and Ive noticed that it prolongs my red marks.......You know how when youre working out and your face turns really red and the red marks are really pronounced (Especially after abs) I feel like exercise is extending my hyperpigmentation......

Seriously 2 weeks??? I lift Run and do abs everyday and Ive noticed that it prolongs my red marks.......You know how when youre working out and your face turns really red and the red marks are really pronounced (Especially after abs) I feel like exercise is extending my hyperpigmentation......

Yeah two weeks, I'm also just turning 21 so I still have youth on my side. Um, yes I definitely notice my marks are much more pronounced after doing cardio. I have a theory though. I believe the increased blood circulation to the the face helps speed up the healing process. I wanted to test out this theory so one day(night actually), I decided to have myself a nice five mile jog. I usually only run 1.5 miles a day so I wanted to see if extended blood flow really would help the healing process. I woke up the next morning and there was without a doubt some significant fading in my red marks. I mean, it could just have been coincidence but I've never seen such drastic results from day to day ever.

Here's what I find to be extremely odd and why I believe body chemistry plays such a large role in the healing of red marks / PIH. I am a very perceptive and analytical individual. I monitor every small blemish/imperfection on my face like a prison guard. Now, the marks that were taking longer to heal (two months +) are still there. At the time they were conceived I believe something was out of whack with me. Now my more recent red marks / PIH are healing very very quickly. I have a spot I went to work on two weeks ago that scabbed up very badly that has healed 10x faster then some of marks that were small pimples, left untouched, turned red marks.