Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
raspberryheaven

moisturizer & burning face

I suffer from dry skin and a combination of it being winter here and the topicals I am using (Differin and Aczone), my face is extremely dried out. Whenever I put on moisturizer, my face burns very, very badly. I've tried different brands to see what doesn't burn, but they all do. I only have this problem when my face is dried out, but nothing I put on it seems to help.

Any solutions for a burning/dry face? thanks!

Ever since I went on accutane I cant tolerate any moisturizers either, and my skin gets real dry nowadays. Every moisturizer I try, even if they are designed for sensitive skin will make my face red and irritated.

Ive found the only thing that keeps my skin sufficiently moisturized without irritating it is Jojoba oil.

I suffer from dry skin and a combination of it being winter here and the topicals I am using (Differin and Aczone), my face is extremely dried out. Whenever I put on moisturizer, my face burns very, very badly. I've tried different brands to see what doesn't burn, but they all do. I only have this problem when my face is dried out, but nothing I put on it seems to help.

I also have this problem. Please help me.

I also have this problem. Please help me.

I have mild rosacea and therefore I get sensitive to various products as well.

I just started using Good Skin's All Calm Creamy Cleanser and All Calm moisture cream from their line of products meant for sensitive skin. So far I've had good luck. If you live in the States, it's sold at Kohls, or you can order online....

http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/beauty/goo...534374752618756

Be sure to use a very gentle cleanser on your skin if it's dry! A lot of products contain sodium lauryl sulfate which can be very drying, so watch out for that. Assuming you wash your face twice a day, perhaps just wash your face with a cleanser before you apply differin, and the other time just wash with water minus a cleanser.

Ever since I went on accutane I cant tolerate any moisturizers either, and my skin gets real dry nowadays. Every moisturizer I try, even if they are designed for sensitive skin will make my face red and irritated.

Ive found the only thing that keeps my skin sufficiently moisturized without irritating it is Jojoba oil.

Jojoba oil was an effective moisturizer for me as well. When I was on acne medication my skin was really dry and flaky. Jojoba oil was the only thing that eliminated flakiness and didn't require me to reapply it during the day. It also never irritated my skin. This is the moisturizer I am currently using. It is a bit lighter(I'm not on acne meds anymore) but very non-irritating.

I'm on accutane so my face gets very dry. Sometimes it just randomly starts burning so I put moisturizer on it so it isn't as chapped. The mositurizer can hurt, but it always feels better after so it's probably helping. You can also see the improvement.