Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Okay, so I have been using Sonia Kashuk's liquid concealer from Target in the lightest shade (because I am very pale despite living in the Sunshine State). However, it seems that I cannot find it anymore... so I think they have stopped carrying/making it.

My question is... WHAT CONCEALER SHOULD I BUY?! I've been all over makeupalley.com but it didn't really get me anywhere. Even the products with the highest ratings have mostly bad reviews on the site... Not. Helpful.

I haaate buying makeup because it's so expensive and half the time it doesn't work right and ugh. Just ugh. So if you all could just let me know what kind you use or think I should try... that would be awesome. I'm a little desperate.

Oh, and I'm sorry I didn't post this in the Cosmetic & Style boards, but I figured I'd get more reliable responses from you people. :wiggle:

Edited by sareliz

i have used clinique's advanced concealer and it works great! if you want something medicated then clinique has their acne solutions concealer that has salicylic acid. if you're looking for something cheaper, i have also used l'oreal colorstay concealer. it works good, too. it also has salicylic acid in it.

I've been using Loreal's True Match Foundation as a concealer. It blends really well, never breaks me out, and has excellent coverage. I've had a massive bruise on the side of my face for the last few weeks, and it only takes one layer to cover completely. Lots of color selections too.

Honestly, I went around all the high street make up stands and I could not find 1 that stated it was non comodagenic. Of course the staff will say that they are but even the Clinique woman looked in her book but nowhere did it state this. To me this is just so basic. Nobody wants to cover their spots with something that will only cause more!

They put this on other skincare products i.e moisturisers, cleanser. People like us need that reassurance. So it looks like I'm gonna have to look online for a concealer that's 100% natural and non comodagenic, which isn't ideal cos you can't sample the colours!

At the moment I am using either MAC Studio Sculpt concealer, which I love :wub: or their Studio Finish concealer when I feel I need more coverage, but both are kinda pricey, and not sure if they are oil-free. However they last ages and MAC does have an amazing color selection.

Another good concealer I used before that had great color selection was by Paula Begoun, although you can only get most of her skincare and makeup online I believe.

Sorry wish I could help more :( You could always just drop by some makeup counters and Sephora and see if you can get some samples to test out

Amazing Cosmetics concealer. I have been using it for 2 years, ever since I found it. It is slightly expensive, but the tube lasts almost a YEAR + !! Reviews are on Sephora. But I would just go get a sample of it. Don't try it at the mall... try it at home with your other makeup. :) You'll probably love it too... hopefully haha

I've been using Maybelline Super Stay concealer for a while now and I really like it. It hasn't broken me out or worsened any existing spots, and it does a good job of, well... concealing! It's a little bit sticky, but not overly-so and also not in a vile way. I've used concealers that just slide around and "dodge" my spots (which is perfectly useless) but this STAYS on them.

I've been using Loreal's True Match Foundation as a concealer. It blends really well, never breaks me out, and has excellent coverage. I've had a massive bruise on the side of my face for the last few weeks, and it only takes one layer to cover completely. Lots of color selections too.

Great minds think alike ;D

thisthisthis

This is late, but I use the new Maybelline Mineral Power concealer. haha I L-O-V-E makeupalley.com :) but I too didn't find a good concealer to from searching there. I just saw this one at Wal-Mart, went home and searched it on MUA, it has good reviews so I bought it!

If you have more money, look up MAC Studio Finish concealer palette and the Cle De Peau concealer stick. Kim Kardashian swears by these, lol

Paula Begoun just had a great review of Revlon's Age Defying concealer, specifically about using it under eyes which is what I want it for. If it's about red marks, I think she specifically said it didn't have enough pigment for redness.

What do you True match and colorstay users think about it under eyes? I have some fine lines, and dark circles. The Age Defying is supposed to be slightly highlighting which would be good for me, but I was thinking of getting a liquid makeup just to have. I usually use powder mineral makeup, but want something else under my eyes.

I hightly recommend Aveda's Inner Light conceler. The Aveda site says that it's non-acnegenic, and I've found that to be true. It's creamy both light-reflecting so that it's not pasty and thick. I adore it! The only drawback is the price, but for me it's worth it.

At the moment I am using either MAC Studio Sculpt concealer, which I love :wub:

I swear by that concealer. I sometimes switch it up with Laura Mercier's camoflage pallette - but this is more pricely, and there probably is a conceler out there for cheaper... only i've not found it yet.

for the under eye, i use maybelline dream matte concealer. when i first used it, i was shocked. i looked at my finger after applying, and realized i had barely used any of it to cover my discoloration. it's very pigmented. i use it almost every day, and i think it has pretty great staying power. i don't set it with powder or anything, and it prob lasts me 6 hrs.

i use colorstay in liquid form for concealing scars, red marks, or anything else on the face. the only thing i hate about it is that it doesn't have a pump. i think rimmel lasting finish for concealing is awesome too. it's sooo easy to blend.