Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mumble

Mumbles Minocycline and Epiduo Log

Hi guys! I got Minocycline today. Alphapharm Akamin (generic brand). I'll be having two 50mg tablets daily as planned. If you want to read a little a bit me and my acne history, here's a link to it (I can't bother talking, typing about it again. :P ).

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Mumble-s-...og-t258432.html

The idea of this log is for me to update and tell you about my progress. It may not be every day, specially for the first couple of weeks, but hopefully I'll update it quite regularly. As I am excited if this does actually work! It would be a god send! No more odd looks from people, being able to be confident, actually enjoy and make new friends and of course talk to girls without getting worried about my acne and getting embarresed etc. That would be wonderful!! Oh, and please all help and suggestions are welcomed and appreciated!

I was using the Galderma Benzac AC 10%, but I also got a 30 gram tube of Galderma Epiduo today to use with the Minocycline, for 'hopefully' better results. So I'll only use the Benzac probably as like a spot treatment when needed. By the way, is it okay to use AHA before or after Epiduo (Epiduo is Adapalene 1m/g, Benzoyl Peroxide 25mg/g) is applied?

Last question. :P Is it okay to take Mega B Complex, Zinc, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Milk Thistle, Vitamin A tablets/capsules while on Minocycline? Or I shouldn't or is there no point in taking all that stuff anyway while on Minocycline?

Thank-you guys, please wish me luck!!

Thanks to all help and support in advance!!

Mumble

Edited by Mumble

DAY 1

Obviously nothing to report as yet, because it is my first day, but I am just happy to start this regimen. Wish me luck! Again.... :P

Hey mumble i used to take antibiotics 4 acne. Bad idea though lol.

Generally people see improvement around 1 month in. It took me 6 weeks.

Good luck bro!

Hey mumble i used to take antibiotics 4 acne. Bad idea though lol.

Generally people see improvement around 1 month in. It took me 6 weeks.

Good luck bro!

Why is it a bad idea? It still cleared you right? I don't want negatives please, sorry, unless it is really necessary, I'm trying to think of positives :D

Um yer it cleared me up say 85%, and was great at the time. No negatives got it, my lips are sealed :). By the way adapalene causes an IB and generally takes around 8-12 weeks for improvement. Since your on Mino then it should be way quicker. Its good shit. Dont take anything with the mino, especially dairy and i think maybe vit A, i dunno read the interaction thing on the side effects page.

Again good luck, and try to get a sunscreen, Mino makes ya more sensitive. :angel:

Edited by AussieSmile

Um yer it cleared me up say 85%, and was great at the time. No negatives got it, my lips are sealed :). By the way adapalene causes an IB and generally takes around 8-12 weeks for improvement. Since your on Mino then it should be way quicker. Its good shit. Dont take anything with the mino, especially dairy and i think maybe vit A, i dunno read the interaction thing on the side effects page.

Again good luck, and try to get a sunscreen, Mino makes ya more sensitive. :angel:

Yeah, I heard about the sun sensitivity part. Is it better having Minocycline like an hour after food, for better absorption? I read that somewhere. Oh, and is it okay to use Epiduo as my topical while I am having Minocycline? By the way, what dosage and how long were you on Minocycline for?

Hopefully you got a pamphlet with your mino, otherwise look it up on the internet. Its worth reading for all the info, especially if you wont it to work lol. I think epiduo is fine to use with it, so long as you use a moisturizing sunscreen.

I had to take mino with food but the brands all differ so you gotta read the pamphlet 4 your brand. I was on mino for 8 weeks at 100mg a day like you.

Hey Mumble,

I saw your post on my log and I checked your logs out. It's really cool that we're starting Mino at the same time.

I know people work differently, but I always take mine with food. I think you take them at breakfast and dinner (Every 12 hours, idk if that's how yours is...), it might be to stop the dizzyness or nausea....

Hopefully you got a pamphlet with your mino, otherwise look it up on the internet. Its worth reading for all the info, especially if you wont it to work lol. I think epiduo is fine to use with it, so long as you use a moisturizing sunscreen.

I had to take mino with food but the brands all differ so you gotta read the pamphlet 4 your brand. I was on mino for 8 weeks at 100mg a day like you.

Oh, okay, I didn't get one with my Minocycline (Alphapharm Akamin, an Australian generic brand of Minocycline), but there is on the internet. Thanks for your help AussieSmile.

Hey Mumble,

I saw your post on my log and I checked your logs out. It's really cool that we're starting Mino at the same time.

I know people work differently, but I always take mine with food. I think you take them at breakfast and dinner (Every 12 hours, idk if that's how yours is...), it might be to stop the dizzyness or nausea....

Yeah, I do it similar, but I might have it after food, because apparently you get better absorbtion if you have it without food I'm sure.

Hey Mumble.

Good to see everything worked out for you with your mum and the doctor.

I can tell you, I took Akamin for about a year and it DOES WORK. For me I found that it completely stopped new whiteheads (except when I ate like crap), which is good because I find them to be the worst and most embarrassing past of acne. What it didn't do, however, was totally remove bumpiness and blackheads.

Of course, everyone is different so you will just have to wait and see.

As for taking the vitamins with it - You can take zinc but only two hours before of after taking the mino because it affects the absorption. Im not sure about the other vitamins so it's probably worth just searching around and seeing what you can find.

Best of luck!

Thank-you G-Town. I'm glad to hear about that. Yeah, so I'm not taking any vitamins anymore, I've stopped taking vitamins and supplements since I got on Minocycline. When you mentioned getting rid of your acne, the thing is, most of mine is inflamed and blackheads. :/ It should get rid of it though. Hopefully. *Fingers crossed*

DAY 7

Not any improvemt as yet, it's only been a week, today though! My chin is very slightly better I believe, but then again, that could be from the Epiduo, who knows? Oh, and as you can see by my signature, I've stopped taking all other supplements, like a week ago, so when I started taking Minocycline. And yesterday was my first day of using Epiduo in the morning. So I now use it morning and night.

Mumble

Edited by Mumble

DAY 11

Chin has seemed to be improved slightly. Both (2) painful underground bumps seem to be getting better, less inflamed. But still have that cyst on my nose, but it is better. So I wish my whole nose and chin will clear up better over time!

Day 16

Chin seems to be better. Overall, pretty much the same. The day before yesterday I was really dry and flaky. Needed to apply moisturiser, but didn't bring any to school. :( New inflamed underground pimple just on the right side of my nose.

Today I stopped using milk, I'm going to try and not consume milk, as it can make acne worse, apparently. I'm still having and using the Minocycline and Epiduo as usual.

P.S. I am officially a veteran member here on Acne.org today! :dance:

How long are you going to be staying on mino?

Well until most of my acne goes away. Probably about 2 months, maybe 3. I'll see. Why do you ask?

Day 23

Not much to report. That's why I haven't been updating for a while. On Monday (Day 20), I was very dry. My SkinB5 moisturiser isn't really working. So the next day I used my sister's moisturiser instead. :P Cetaphil Moisturising Lotion For Sensitive Skin. It seems to work better for dryness and flakiness, though the downside to it is that it makes my cheeks slightly shiny. One of my friend's keeps telling me that, lol. But apparently Cetaphil is known to do that. As some as you may know, I missed my morning dose of Minocycline yesterday (Day 22), but that's okay, as long as I don't miss anymore.

Acne status: Really no real improvement except for a spot and a bit. But it may take longer than 3 or 4 weeks too see improvements.

Edited by Mumble

I was just prescribed Minocycline tablets morning and night and Epiduo for the night. I have mild acne on my forehead and I want it to go away!!!

Edited by nyccc

I was just prescribed Minocycline tablets morning and night and Epiduo for the night. I have mild acne on my forehead and I want it to go away!!!

Okay, good luck. How much Minocycline are you taking? I am surprised he prescribed Minocycline, considering you only have Mild acne. You'd think Epiduo should be enough.

Hey man - good luck with the antibiotics! I hope they work!

AND you have a VERY cool avatar picture. Muse is one of the greatest bands ever!

Hey man - good luck with the antibiotics! I hope they work!

AND you have a VERY cool avatar picture. Muse is one of the greatest bands ever!

I couldn't agree anymore! What avatar were you talking about? The Resistance album or the Absoultion album? ;-) And thank-you, I really wish the antibiotics will work, they haven't yet.

Day 40

Sorry it's been a while since I last updated. :P Since the last time I officially updated (which was Day 23) much hasn't really changed. Though on the 18th of February I stopped consuming cow's milk, in only drinking it and having it for cereal. I have continued to not drink or have it with cereal since then. Today I got Phisohex Anti-Bacterial Wash. I now use that as my cleanser.

As overall with my acne, there is no improvement worth to note, sadly. :cry:

Edited by Mumble

Sorry that you aren't having any results so far. I know for some people it takes 2 or 3 months before they see anything, but for others it doesn't even work after 3 months. When is your next derm visit?

I just finished my first month of pills todays. I'm not clear, but have seen some results. Still getting new acne, but less than before. And I'm definately less inflamed.

Sorry that you aren't having any results so far. I know for some people it takes 2 or 3 months before they see anything, but for others it doesn't even work after 3 months. When is your next derm visit?

I just finished my first month of pills todays. I'm not clear, but have seen some results. Still getting new acne, but less than before. And I'm definately less inflamed.

Well that's great to see that's it's working for you Moxie1! :D

Um, my doctor prescribed the Minocycline. I have no appointment booked with him at the moment. I will make one with him in the next couple of weeks to see him and see what he thinks. He told me before I started the Minocycline that if the Minocycline doesn't really work, he'll recommend me to one of the dermatologist's down the coast.

Edited by Mumble

You know your not suppose to consume any dairy products 1 hour before or 2 hours after you take this antibiotic? It will not work as good because it will not absorb as much.

Edited by newff