Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
amyelizabeth94

Spiro Survey, please help

Spiro Poll  

1 member has voted

1. 1. How long was your initial breakout with Spiro?

• No initial breakout
    • 1 to 2 weeks
    • 2 weeks to 1 month
    • 1 to 2 months
    • 3 months
    • 4 months
    • 5 to 6 months
  2. 2. If you stopped Spiro, did your acne return?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. What side effects did you have?

• Frequent urination
    • Dizziness
    • Headaches
    • Thrist
    • Racing heart

Hey all,

I'm looking into spiro and was curious to see how many people had an initial breakout and if breakouts return after quitting.

Also, how long should I be off this before trying to get pregnant?

Thanks!

Amy

My initial breakout is just starting, I think. Although it's always hard to work out if it isn't just what would be happening anyway. I started taking spiro a week ago.

The survey is kind of flawed because you have to give an option for the 2nd question and you can only pick one for the 3rd (not your fault) so I'll put my answers here.

My IB lasted one week.

I haven't stopped taking it.

Side effects: Thirst, some minor headaches, frequent urination (though I drank a ton to begin with anyway so it's not much different than normal to me), and my heart does race at times, but it stops quickly.

You really just need to try it yourself, because it affects everyone differently.

If you are going to get pregnant soon, you don't want to take this. You can get pregnant as soon as you get off of it....you don't have to wait that long -- maybe a week.

Thanks guys! Sorry about the survey, I'm new to this :)

I'm worried about taking any meds for too long, and I'm really curious to see what happens when you go off this. I had a friend that said she used it to get clear and then went off it about 6 months later and stayed clear. She seemed to think it helped balance her hormones, but I'm not sure if that's possible.

surveys are good. I was just pointing out that you eventually have to either decide to go on it or not, because that stuff can only tell you so much. I researched spiro to death. I research EVERYTHING to death, lol, but then I had to decide, knowing every drug affects everyone differently. Spiro works for most people, so it's definitely worth a shot, but only if you're comfortable with it and its risks, which are pretty few actually.

I had the chance to go onto roaccutane when I was 26 which I declined as I wanted to get pregnant. I wish I had just taken the roaccutane THEN, and waited a year and then tried for a baby, as my derm says that tane works much better when you are younger (his words, not mine!). Now (aged 36) I tried tane and my body wouldn't have it.

Just my tuppence worth! Hindsight is a wonderful thing......

m x

Just an update. I've been on 50g of spiro for about 2 weeks now. No real symptoms, but maybe light calf cramps. I haven't even noticed thrist, but I drink a TON of water every day. My oil is about the same, but my acne is getting better. I'm doing so much, I'm not sure what is making it better though.

Haha! I would have been worried, but I was reading your posts and saw that you had them, so I figured it was normal. I go back to my derm today, so I'm hoping to get bumped to 100g. I just really want to be done with acne...It's so emotionally draining!

Lol.

My cramping is better today and yesterday. I don't have it. :)

I got my K+ test today, so I will know in a few days if it's high. I will let you know, so you aren't worried!! Just watch my log. I can also post it here too. I hope it's ok, because I want to stay on spiro.

I want to up my dose too. I hear ya, I want it gone too. I also want my endo gone, and my excess hair, which is really not too bad, but I want it gone anyway. ;) so this drug means a lot to me.

Edited by Anti - Em