Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xlucyxcalledx

Spiro, strange side effect? swollen skin around mouth and wrinkles around smile lines

So I have been on spiro (aldactone) for almost a year now, its worked great for my acne.. however, about 3 weeks after I started the spiro treatment, I started getting what im assuming is a side effect of the spiro. litterally almost over night, this thing started happening on the skin around my mouth, the skin around my smile lines appears to have little tiny bumps that when I smile appear as little tiny wrinkles everywhere. and actually on one side it looks like its just swollen so when I smile since the skin is swollen, it makes this wierd crease near my mouth like its swollen and theres no where for the skin to move to. Now, im 24 years old, and these popped up overnight so I know theres no way its just wrinkles forming. Has this happened to anyone?? I cant get them to go away!! Please help!! Ive tried everything I can think of!! :-(

PLEASE VIEW ATTACHED PICTURE IF WHAT IM SAYING DOESNT MAKE SENSE. ive always had the original smile line, but these 2 crease/wrinkles next to the smile lines popped up over night.

post-100577-1264993623_thumb.jpg

post-100577-1264993687_thumb.jpg

post-100577-1264993623_thumb.jpg

post-100577-1264993687_thumb.jpg

Overnight? I can understand why you're worried. I'd stop taking it and call the doctor who prescribed it right away. If they can't be reached, call another doctor. I would guess allergic reaction, but since you've been taking it for a year, I don't honestly know.

It actually just looks like normal wrinkling, but that could be because you're smiling. I don't know either. I do know wrinkles do seem to pop up overnight, even though they take time to develop, you only notice them one day.

Maybe you aren't hydrated enough??

If there are tiny bumps then I don't know what they could be...scars, acne...sun damage...you'd have to see a derm to find out. I don't really see spiro doing this, but who knows?