Notifications
Clear all

So what's the general concensus on the whole "Colostrum causing initial breakouts" thing?

MemberMember
(@max-powers)

Posted : 01/31/2010 4:53 pm

I want to start taking Colostrum, but I don't want a bad breakout like I've heard a few people on here saying that they've experienced when they started taking Colostrum. But anyways, is there an initial breakout, and if so, how bad is it?

MemberMember
(@house-2twist)

Posted : 01/31/2010 7:18 pm

I want to start taking Colostrum, but I don't want a bad breakout like I've heard a few people on here saying that they've experienced when they started taking Colostrum. But anyways, is there an initial breakout, and if so, how bad is it?

Honestly, I think everyone has their own experiences. I've been taking colostrum for about 2 months so far and although i still have some acne, it is 100x better then it was. I think each person reacts different and it also depends on what other foods are being eaten, exersize etc etc etc

MemberMember
(@jay326)

Posted : 01/31/2010 7:20 pm

Pretty much everyone (even the thread starters son) goes through an initial breakout. Typically people report breaking out in places they never did before and alot worse. One variable may be the dosage. Some people were taking insanely high doses of colostrum hoping to get better results, I believe that worked for like 1 person. Personally, I would not take it. There are better ways out there to get your acne under control that don't involve you breaking out worse for god knows how long, all the while you keep dumping money into colostrum.

MemberMember
(@dancedd)

Posted : 01/31/2010 7:28 pm

Yes, many people break out in the beginning. I am still breaking out after 2 months of use. I think you have to take this for quite a while before it starts working. Maybe 2 to 6 months possibly? But colostrum helps you in other ways like your immune system and digestion. So I will probably keep taking it at normal doses eventually just for general health even if it doesn't directly help my acne after a prolonged usage.

MemberMember
(@clc111)

Posted : 01/31/2010 10:06 pm

It seems like the majority of people that are majorly breaking out from colostrum are either starting out taking insane amounts and/or still eating a crappy diet. This is not the case for everyone but this is just my observation.

I have been on it for 2 months now and I have not broken out from it AT ALL. I started out with a normal dose and slowly worked my way up to higher doses. I did experience toxin die-off symptoms with higher doses by way of headaches and flu-like symptoms so I backed off the dose. I also started an anti-candida diet 1/10/10. In addition, I started taking Virastop (plant enzymes) 3 days ago to alleviate the die-off symptoms and so far it's working wonders.

Everyone handles toxin die-off differently. When your body is flooded with toxins, your liver can't keep up and either you get sick or break out or however else your body handles it.

My advice: if you try it, take it slow and eat healthy. More doesn't mean better when taking supplements. Work your way up to a tolerable dose. Only your body can tell you what you can tolerate.

MemberMember
(@venam)

Posted : 02/01/2010 2:19 am

I did not get an IB from colostrum.

MemberMember
(@aussiesmile)

Posted : 02/01/2010 5:18 am

Colostrum is like Gods powder for ingestion. It helps with so many health issues that you should take it regardless of what it does for your acne. I wonder if anyone has actually gotten sick while taking colostrum? I felt a cold coming along and doubled my dose. The cold never came lol, im now super human hehehe.

MemberMember
(@littletweety)

Posted : 02/01/2010 1:36 pm

I didn't have an IB. Been taking it since Dec 13. So far, I don't see any change in my acne, although I haven't changed my diet or anything (not on anti-candida etc) which may be a factor. I take it for the health benefits though.

MemberMember
(@greenmond)

Posted : 02/01/2010 4:51 pm

I've been taking it for a couple of months (6 grams a night, with a litre of water) and I never had an initial breakout. My skin's in the best condition it's been in for a long time and I'm feeling quite well.

MemberMember
(@dancedd)

Posted : 02/01/2010 5:31 pm

Colostrum is like Gods powder for ingestion. It helps with so many health issues that you should take it regardless of what it does for your acne. I wonder if anyone has actually gotten sick while taking colostrum? I felt a cold coming along and doubled my dose. The cold never came lol, im now super human hehehe.

super human? I knew it! Thats why you know so much!

MemberMember
(@joconnor)

Posted : 02/01/2010 5:51 pm

Bad breakout here, 2 months in - just about. Still bad

Mainly this is down to stopping BP for good, plus bad diet for a long time - masked by BP.

MemberMember
(@gmarias)

Posted : 02/01/2010 9:07 pm

I'm not really sure - but I don't think I had an IB. Then again, I was taking the recommended dosage in capsule form. (about 2 grams a day)

I did get sick while taking colostrum - but like I said, I wasn't taking mega doses. I came down with a really bad cold 4 weeks into taking it.

The cold is still lingering. I've also started taking Virastop for the past 2 days, which I think is prolonging my cold. The Colostrum neither prevented nor helped with my cold.

I'm starting to get annoyed with supplements. Once my colostrum runs out and my Virastop - I'm finished. I'll get my nutrients via food.

MemberMember
(@dancedd)

Posted : 02/01/2010 9:28 pm

I'm not really sure - but I don't think I had an IB. Then again, I was taking the recommended dosage in capsule form. (about 2 grams a day)

I did get sick while taking colostrum - but like I said, I wasn't taking mega doses. I came down with a really bad cold 4 weeks into taking it.

The cold is still lingering. I've also started taking Virastop for the past 2 days, which I think is prolonging my cold. The Colostrum neither prevented nor helped with my cold.

I'm starting to get annoyed with supplements. Once my colostrum runs out and my Virastop - I'm finished. I'll get my nutrients via food.

Yeah I agree. I think most of our nutrients should come from good unprocessed food ;)

Supplements are great with combination of very clean diet. I noticed that trend with people who cleared so I am trying to follow that finally

MemberMember
(@hollyjewell)

Posted : 01/04/2019 6:39 pm

This article says acne starts to improve with Colostrum (lactoferrin) after 2 weeks but shows maximum benefit at 10 weeks. https://www.sovereignlaboratories.com/blog/lactoferrin-effect-acne/

MemberMember
(@freitasisabella2006gmail-com)

Posted : 11/02/2022 8:42 am

I started taking colostrum 2 days ago pouring out the colostrum tablets into my water, taking about six pills a day. I woke up yesterday with a break out on my forehead and on my cheek. I havent changed anything about my diet or really any lifestyle changes other than the colostrum.