Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hesitation

What water to drink?

What water should I drink? Since I read the topic where someone got clear by NOT drinking any more bottle water, I haven't been either. Strictly tap water... It's pure enough here I guess.

But really... Is there a point to avoid tap water? I feel like a dumb ass bringing my own water to the gym. Bottle water has some substance in it that mimics the hormone estrogen - I remember something like that from that topic.... Does estrogen even play a roll in male acne?

Funny you mentioned Evian. For a month or so I only drank Evian water. It was crazy, I bought like 20 1.5 l bottles at once every one in a while. I'm not sure if it made a difference. At that time I was not on a special diet, only the water was different.... Maybe I'll try again.

About Evian. Someone in the gym told me not to drink it because the body cannot get the salts it needs from it. He told me that Evian water was so filtered that there weren't any minerals left in it.... That even tap water would be better.

Some people say the fluoride in water causes osteoporosis. Some people also say the chlorine could cause an imbalanced gut flora.

I'm not sure about the first point. The second seems iffy. I can make thriving sourdough cultures in regular tap water, so I'm not sure that's valid. I haven't tested de-chlorinated water against tap to see if there's any difference in activity, but tap still makes good bread, though.

Also, chloracne. Though, looking at the co-effects, I'm sure you'd know if you had that (armpit acne, wth? lol).

Tap water contains calcium and iron though. Not sure how minute the amount is but giving it up could be counter productive.

I would never drink either tap or bottled water. Most bottled water (dasani, etc) is just bottled tap water from another region. :rolleyes:

I order distilled water to be delivered every 1 or 2 weeks for $12. Usually ever small and large city has a distilled water delivery service. I also has a nice water dispenser. I add my own minerals. I love it. The taste is so clean.

who ever said evian didnt have the minerals in it etc obviously work for buxton lol

details for evian >

mg/litre

calcium 80

magnesium 26

sodium 6.5

potassium 1

bicarbonates 360

sulphates 12.6

chlorides 6.8

nitrates 3.7

silica 15

:D

i drink it all the time. works for me

Most bottled water (dasani, etc) is just bottled tap water from another region. :rolleyes:

I heard that about dasani but never anything else?

I've been to Evian, the water around there is like cut glass, its actually amazing to look at and is lovely, so fresh. I know every bottled water gets treated etc but what they're starting off with is good.

Tap water is absolutely fine. And in many cases, it's identical to the bottled stuff.

From an environmental perspective, bottled water is a disaster, as well as from a human rights perspective. Drinking Dasani (although it tastes great) is like drinking the tears of millions of 3rd-world children. Just don't do it.

Edited by andrewharv

Great...another thing for me to be paranoid about! All I drink is bottled water, and not just one brand. All kinds of different bottled water, woot!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>What water should I drink? Since I read the topic where someone got clear by NOT drinking any more bottle water, I haven't been either. Strictly tap water... It's pure enough here I guess.<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<,

Hesitation, I really don't see how bottle water could contribute to acne.....Im not trying to be condescending.. Just, I wouldn't put all my faith in tap water to prevent acne or clear your skin......Anyone else think this would be a long shot????

Put a filter on your faucet and buy stainless steel bottles to carry with you. At home, drink from glass or ceramic. No plastic. Especially not single use plastic.

Better for you. Better for the environment.

Edited by alternativista

Yeah the plastic water bottles have xenoestrogens in them. Estrogen often plays a role in male acne because it can turn into DHT (going from memory). Try to get a filter either for your tap or get a filtered jug. Drinking out of a glass is the best option.

i drink my tap water but when i purchase bottled water some brands like dasani seems to break me out a little when i drink too much of it. Also water that come out supposedly filtered from the fridge, breaks me out and i thought i was the only one but i recall another member also bringing it up.

Great...another thing for me to be paranoid about! All I drink is bottled water, and not just one brand. All kinds of different bottled water, woot!

Yeah same here, literally all I ever drink. Ive started drinking tap water (put through a water filter) lately though due to how expensive bottled water is

I drink my water from the tap with a filtered Brita water pitcher.

It tastes fine and is better for the environment. Bonus! =)

I just use a Brita filter. As other peolple have said, tap water is just fine. However, sometimes tap water has a nasty taste, which is why I choose to use a Brita filter. It just taste's less nasty after it runs through the filter. Anyways, bottled water is pretty much a gimmick anyways, which is why I stopped drinking from bottles and stick to the faucet. The only time when I will buy bottled water is when I'm traveling or I'm just that desperate.

Other than that, stick with just tap water, tap water with a filter, or distilled water. The environment will thank you for not choosing to fill it up with platic garbage :)

I can't even imagine paying so much to have bottled water... bottled water is even unsafe if it's kept in plastic.

Spring water is best because it's got so many minerals but I can't imagine paying for that either, unless you've got a spring near by

& There is controversy that bottled water IS tap water, just sold. So just... no way I'd pay for water like that. You're wasting money IMO.