Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

hello all,

this is my first post, so by way of introduction: i'm 26, male, and since teenage years i've had blackheads on my nose. they almost totally cover my nose, and it seems like i have chronically open pores, if that's possible! the funny thing is, i'm only now beginning to confront this, it's weird even typing these words. that's why i joined the forum.

it's really starting to get to me now, as i notice that almost nobody else has my problem. i notice how ugly it looks, and i'm sure it's getting in the way of me meeting someone. i also worry that all my friends know i've got this problem, but people seem to think either a: it's too personal to say anything to me about it, or b: it's incurable so best not to say anything!

the other weird thing is that i've not been really diligent and tried something consistently, i'm a total doofus! i'm finally at breaking point and need to get into a routine. so, i need some advice...

the rest of my face is fine, i have good skin everywhere except my nose. so i wouldn't want to do something that could damage my good skin. is this called 'combination skin'? i wonder why they appear on the nose but not elsewhere? so many questions... anyway, i know i could get the c&c stuff, and try steaming and all that. can anyone advise for a complete beginner??

btw, i have read the threads pertaining to blackheads, some good info there.

many thanks in advance,

brewer

looks like the im the first to reply smile.gif

If I were you (and it were just on my nose), i'd be happier for one ( heh), and secondly i'd do botchlas regimen. Its the thread above called something like 'what has got me 100% (no bs only 2 products)' that has about 50 pages of replies to it. It uses

C&C Blackhead cleansing scrub

and C&C Continuous control acne cleanser.

Which is a pretty good combo that combines two of the best treatments available (Salycilic acid and benzoyl peroxide) and it will only work on the areas that you apply it to, namely your nose.

Also the best advice i can give u is be persistant because acne treatment takes a frustratingly long period of time (4-8 weeks). And it can be very depressing (VERY depressing) at times when you think nothing is working. Ive been there and im going through it now.

Anyway best of luck smile.gif

Thanks a lot for your reply - I'll get onto it straight away!

If anyone else would care to chip in, it would be greatly appreciated!

And good luck yourself!

Best,

brewer

I recommend those pore-clearing strips by Biore. They're definitely NOT for sensitive skin, though. They're not a miracle, but they do help a bit. Also, i've heard that applying 100% aloe vera gel can help to reduce the "blackness" of blackheads. Hydrogen peroxide is supposed to help as well. But DEFINITELY don't do all these things at once or you'll be just asking for trouble. haha

Try a salicylic acid cleanser morning and night. My favorite is Olay Age defying renewal cleanser which also has very slight microbeads in it. Wet your face, massage on the cleanser, let it sit for a minute or so and rinse off. That should help with the blackheads. You could also try paula's choice bha lotion (slightly moisturizing, and completely non-greasy) or a GENTLE toner with salicylic acid or glycolic acid (such as reviva labs) - nothing with alcohol or menthol in it (a gentle toner should leave your skin feeling slightly moisturized). If your only problem is blackheads, I wouldn't use benzoyl peroxide. All of the products I've recommended are gentle, and shouldn't dry out the rest of your skin.

I have to agree with the other people who have posted: consider yourself VERY LUCKY, as blackheads are VERY treatable (although I have also struggled with those little guys). I am pretty fortunate, I suppose. I am 20 and only have a few pimples on my cheeks, as well as blackheads on my nose/surrounding cheeks. Anyway, follow the suggestions, and whatever you choose to buy, DO NOT PICK AT THE BLACKHEADS! smile.gif

Thanks again folks, you're helping me overcome a long-term problem. I've only just found the courage to talk to people about this, thank God for the Internet.

I'll let you know how it goes! I'll probably go with the C&C.

Best wishes,

brewer

I don't know. I would say just use either lemons or apple cider vinegar as an exfoliator and it'll def help the nose. I mean i know for one thing my nose is one of my clearest parts of my face now because of the exfoliation w/ the above products. That was also of course because it mainly consisted of blackheads before.

Really? blackheads are that easy to treat. i'm such a lunk because they seem so darn stubborn and I was using meds for pimples on them which did not work at all. Salicylic acid is your best bet. i agree with everyone on here.

After only a few days, i noticed a very obvious improvement. Glycolic acid is a waste of time in your case because its not oil soluble and won't get rid of the plugged pores.

also, you may want to try the biore pore strips first to initially degunk and then follow up with salicylic acid after. Vitamin a (retinol) also helps with keeping pores clear. Bottom line, salicylic acid, or retinol. And be super happy some blackheads on the nose are your only prob... no one mentioned probably cause it ain't a big deal! shock.gif :smile:

Thanks again - I know I should be thankful that this is my only problem, and I am.

There seems to be some conflicting advice, and if not for me, then for another person looking here for the first time, would you say to go with the two C&C products exclusively? That's what I'm about to do.

Thanks again,

brewer

Thanks again - I know I should be thankful that this is my only problem, and I am.

There seems to be some conflicting advice, and if not for me, then for another person looking here for the first time, would you say to go with the two C&C products exclusively? That's what I'm about to do.

Thanks again,

brewer

Thanks again,

brewer

I wouldn't use both products. THe benzoyl peroxide cleanser will be quite drying, and isn't necessary if you don't have any problems with active acne.