Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sanjoseskin

TotalFX (ActiveFx + DeepFx) Doctor Reccomendations in Los Angeles Please

So i've decided. I am fairly certain I want to have TotalFX done during spring break. This is a the lumenis fractional co2 combination of ActiveFX and DeepFX together totalling to TotalFX. Can someone please reccomend a doctor in california, preferably los angeles area but i'm willing to travel. Also some price quates please.

thank you!!

i will try to document my progress with totalFX if I do it.

thanks for that link. not much info on it, but a few people are saying 5k for totalFX. thats expensive. thats what i paid for full face erbium 10 yrs agao. gosh i thought it was going to be under 3k.

SanJoe, you have to be careful, those may be old postings and 5k is rather high for FX. I paid 5k for my initial Re:pair in May 2008. For some reason Repair has always been more expensive than DeepFX. Do a further search on MedSpa for other postings on FX, also search RealSelf.

Edited by DudleyDoRight

SanJoe, you have to be careful, those may be old postings and 5k is rather high for FX. I paid 5k for my initial Re:pair in May 2008. For some reason Repair has always been more expensive than DeepFX. Do a further search on MedSpa for other postings on FX, also search RealSelf.

so tell me about your fraxel re:pair, i'll just call it fraxel from now it. how much was it per session, where and who is your doctor.. etc etc etc

thanks

SanJoe, I will NEVER just call it Fraxel because that is where all the confusion comes from. I often just use the name Re:pair, but never just Fraxel. Everyone associates Fraxel with the non-ablative Re:store, and I was warned by my PS not to bother with Re:store, and that was before Re:pair came out. I paid 5k for my first, 2k for my second and 1k for the third. I don't know if this is at all close to you, but Dr Persky has posted a lot on RealSelf.

http://www.drpersky.com/

Edited by DudleyDoRight

SanJoe, I will NEVER just call it Fraxel because that is where all the confusion comes from. I often just use the name Re:pair, but never just Fraxel. Everyone associates Fraxel with the non-ablative Re:store, and I was warned by my PS not to bother with Re:store, and that was before Re:pair came out. I paid 5k for my first, 2k for my second and 1k for the third. I don't know if this is at all close to you, but Dr Persky has posted a lot on RealSelf.

http://www.drpersky.com/

thanks ill contact him to see how much he charges. I hate when offices don't give pricing on the phone, and make you pay 200 bucks for a consult just to get a quote. little rant sorry.

anyway, who was your doctor? where is your doc located? did you like your results?

Just wondering, why do you want laser done? Has subcision not given you the results you want?

Hello, yes subcision has dramatically improved my skin, some scars are even virtually gone. However, others scars that have even plumped up lets say 99 percent still have jagged edges under certain lighting. As i've said on threads b4, you need to combine subcision with some type of resurfacing for optimal results, although subcision alone can achieve dramatic results, with multiple sessions even get rid of ideal scars. I have done combo treatments sub/resurface, with full facel laser resurfacing, dermabrasion/dermasanding done 3 times, full face TCA, and full face phenol. I'm at a point where I basically have very little scarring left, except for some new ones recently thanks to trying tca-cross on ice-picks.(huge mistake).. So let me give an example, think of a cliff, that has a jagged edge and suddenly falls to a deep valley. Think of that as your acne scar. Subcision plumps up the valley bringing it up to the level of the cliff, however sometimes you can still have jagged borders. I hope that made sense. Basically I want to smooth out little jagged edges that I see under certain lighting on some scars. Also some scars are too superficial for subcision to be fully effective, this is again where resurfacing for superficial scars helps give the skin a smooth appearance under certain lighting.

I should also add, that acne scars are not just indents. At least not for me. My acne scars are different in color, and texture than my normal skn. So even if you fill up the acne scar 100 perfect to normal skin level, the scars are still visible b/c of the coloring and texturing. This is why resurfacing is also necessary. With all the hype around fractionalized co2, reports of burn scars dramatically improving in color and texture, etc etc...I guess I want to try fractionalized to help the color and texture. I tried dermaroller, people claim it helps with color and texture, but I saw no results. Then again i've done it twice, maybe I need to roll some more.

Edited by sanjoseskin

Ah, I see. Have you talked to Dr. Rullan about exoderm? I believe he calls it the phenol peel now(maybe that was what your had), but it is supposed to be good as a final step to diminish those shadows, after you lift up your skin with subcision.

BTW, if you don't have sensitive skin and have at least $2k to spend, you might want to look into Fraxel Repair.

Edited by AcnePwns

Ah, I see. Have you talked to Dr. Rullan about exoderm? I believe he calls it the phenol peel now(maybe that was what your had), but it is supposed to be good as a final step to diminish those shadows, after you lift up your skin with subcision.

BTW, if you don't have sensitive skin and have at least $2k to spend, you might want to look into Fraxel Repair.

Yes, Dr. Rullan actually performed exoderm on me. This was several years ago now. For the level of scarring I have now, another round of exoderm or rather phenol now, is too deep and extensive of a procedure. If the hype around fractionalized co2 is true, then I want minimal downtime with great results. I am scared though, because fractionalized co2 is relatively new still, who knows of long term complications of going up to 3mm into the skin with DeepFx. Plus some say it works, others say its a waste of money. I guess i'm willing to give it a try.

So i been searching, the cheapest TotalFX(deep plus active) in LA I was able to find is 3600, basically 4 grand. I don't really have that kind of money right now, so i'm thinking of fraxel repair now. (i think its cheaper)

say you say fraxel repair is 2k? what doctor, can you give me the referral please.

One member on this board had only his forehead treated with repair for $1,000 by Dr William Groff in La Jolla. I believe the entire face can be treated for $2,000. I hope you're a quick healer because my skin is much too sensitive for any type of Fraxel. Good luck.

Here is his website:

http://www.ljcsc.com/cosmetic_dermatologist_groff.html

Edited by AcnePwns

SanJoe, Fraxel Re:pair is generally more expensive than DeepFX.

I meant TotalFX, thats the prices I have been looking up. Are you sure Fraxel Repair is more expensive? totalfx is 3600-5k for one treatment in LA area, while seems like in LA fraxel repair can be had for under 3k a treatment. Maybe i'm wrong?

SanJoe, maybe prices have reversed since I first started pricing, but Re:pair used to always be the most expensive.

http://www.realself.com/Fraxel-Repair/cost

http://www.realself.com/Deep-FX/cost

http://www.realself.com/Active-FX/cost

They give maps for ActiveFX and DeepFX, but I didn't see a map for TotalFX.

Edited by DudleyDoRight

SanJoe, maybe prices have reversed since I first started pricing, but Re:pair used to always be the most expensive.

http://www.realself.com/Fraxel-Repair/cost

http://www.realself.com/Deep-FX/cost

http://www.realself.com/Active-FX/cost

They give maps for ActiveFX and DeepFX, but I didn't see a map for TotalFX.

Hey so i'm kind of puzzled. I've been doing some researching, and comparing these two lasers. There seems to be more studies on TotalFx and it's use in scarring from trauma. I don't understand why Fraxel Repair studies in scarring, trauma, burns are little to non. Is there a vast differences in the technology? From what i'm gathering its basically a difference mainly in the hand piece. I don't have time I've had midterms, but i'm going to try and read more publications to figure this out. Maybe it might be worth the price difference to pay more, I dunno. Its so hard to read up on this stuff when you have school to worry about.

Thank for those links, i'm going to check them out

I'm going to Sensational Skin (sensationalskin.com) in Scottsdale, AZ soon.

I know Dr. Kent Brown MD can do a better job because he's also an actual anesthesiologist. So, he does IV sedation so you feel nothing.

I know he only charges $1,000 for full face ActiveFX. But, I'm going to call to find out about DeepFX or the best being TotalFX.

His office is just like one block North of the NE corner of Scottsdale Rd & Shea.

I've used Dr Persky in Encino, Los Angeles. He does fraxel re:pair and was great to deal with, I couldn't be happier with my results. It's not cheap but worth every dollar because I'm no longer self conscious of my acne scaring that I had on my cheeks. Do your own homework but you'll find Dr Persky is as good as it gets.

Best, Aaron.

Calabasas, Ca.