Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Acne when I was 14, Recovered with accutane when I was 17, Breakout when I was 19.

Went to my dermatologist this morning and he said,"You have post acne. It occurs where the pimples do not form pus. Your outbreak will fluctuate one every 2 years or even twice every 6 months. This will occur until you are 40 years old. There is no cure for post acne yet."

I'm 19.

This is fu*king bullshit. I googled for anything under 'post-acne' or anything related to it, and nothing came up. I've also never heard of this condition anyways.

Please, as far as I have realised, doctors don't know anything about acne. PLEASE scrutinise whatever they say with the most unforgiving criticism.

Give us more information about what he said. I'm sure you had questions...

Please do yourself a favor..

It's a cold world I know.. but you must get this in your head..

THE WORLD IS ALL ABOUT A DOLLAR.

everything is a business..

your "doctor" just wants get paid more from your accutane and prescription drugs..

You got something wrong with you inside your body, take care of that and you don't gotta worry about acne no more

I know... truth hurts doesn't it?

This is a joke topic right? There is with out a doubt no such thing as "post acne". There is such a thing as post acne red marks, or post acne PIH, or post acne scarring and etc., but there is no such permanent condition called post acne acne...Please go visit that doctor again and give him a swift kick to his groin area.

While some of the above "Don't trust doctors, they're evil shits" comments don't seem entirely responsible to me, I agree that it's smart not to trust this diagnosis. Seek a second opinion.

Erm post acne i have never heard of. But there was a time when i was on accutane for 3 months and it cleared me up. Then i went back to the doc and he told me to continue for another 3 months to completely 'clear the roots'. But due to the money and health constraints, I did not listen to him and at times still got 2-3 big ones.