Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
karam

POLL: what dose accutane are you on and what's your weight...

...and what dose were you on for each month that you've been on it?

I'm 5'11" 195lbs and I've been on a VERY LOW dose of 40 mg the first month, 60 mg the second month, and 70 mg now

6'3 215 - currently on 160mg

Started on 40mg tho.. many derms, though certainly not all, start their patients on a low dose so they can become acclimated to the side effects. Starting high and low both have pros/cons.

As long as you're between .5mg/kg and 2mg/kg you're within the recommended guidelines.

Started on 40mg tho.. many derms, though certainly not all, start their patients on a low dose so they can become acclimated to the side effects. Starting high and low both have pros/cons.

As long as you're between .5mg/kg and 2mg/kg you're within the recommended guidelines.

Can you translate that to lbs? Anyway I was looking at your siggy and noticed that you've been on accutane for 6.5 months. Isn't that a bit long? I thought people typically did a 5 month course.

Can you translate that to lbs? Anyway I was looking at your siggy and noticed that you've been on accutane for 6.5 months. Isn't that a bit long? I thought people typically did a 5 month course.

I meant I was 6'3 (height) and 215lbs. The reason I am on a long course was because for the first month I was only on 40mg so that I could hopefully avoid an IB and get used to the side effects (which didn't really work). I also went on an extra 1/2 month to help prevent the acne from coming back, otherwise I would've been on a 5 month course.

ok. im 175lbs. this is my first month and im just on 20mg. it looks like everybody else is on 40mg. even those that weigh less then me. im a little disappointed :(

I wouldn't worry. Starting you out at a lower dose may be a way to try to sidestep the severe side effects that usually occur in the first month or two.

So long as your cumulative dose is appropriate for your weight, that's all you have to worry about.