Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
akam1k

Stop the regimen

Hey guys.. I've been using the regimen products for over a year. It has helped alot, but I'm so sick and tired of the side effects.. I still get very flaky and dry skin and when i moisturize, my face gets soo oily and people are commenting that, and i hate to listen to it. Also that I have to spend alot of time in the morning and evening to put the crap on my face.. I also got red marks, and they fade faster, if i don't use BP. But on the other hand, I don't want acne. I just don't know, what to do, but I guess I'm gonna try to use less and less bp, but does anyone know what might work instead of bp?

I have found an interesting article about the use of BP.

Investigations on fifteen patients with acne showed that at the end of 1 and 2 months of treatment 5% benzoyl peroxide increased the sebum excretion rate by 22.5%. This rise in sebum excretion is probably due to the comedolytic activity of benzoyl peroxide which will influence the pooling of sebum in the upper reaches of the pilosebaceous duct.

but yeah, just quit the regimen and look into sulfur to treat your skin condition. No one really tries it, they think that BP, retinoids, etc. are the only way to treat. Sulfur has way less side effects and has very good anti-inflammatory effects.

Investigations on fifteen patients with acne showed that at the end of 1 and 2 months of treatment 5% benzoyl peroxide increased the sebum excretion rate by 22.5%. This rise in sebum excretion is probably due to the comedolytic activity of benzoyl peroxide which will influence the pooling of sebum in the upper reaches of the pilosebaceous duct.

but yeah, just quit the regimen and look into sulfur to treat your skin condition. No one really tries it, they think that BP, retinoids, etc. are the only way to treat. Sulfur has way less side effects and has very good anti-inflammatory effects.

Sulfur you say?

That rings a bell. My Dad spoke of taking it back in the 50's to cure his acne. And it tasted so horrid that he'd have to go out the back to wretch after drinking it.

But it worked!

Have you any more info on it?

Thanks very much for reminding me of this!

John