Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dotty1

Got The Facts On Milk? Documentary is due this Spring of 2010

I thought some of you might be interested in this documentary, especially since so many of you have discovered that your acne was caused by dairy consumption.

Dannon Yogurt just yanked a course at Cornell University which educated students about the detrimental health effects of dairy consumption. So I'm sure they aren't happy about this new documentary.

The trailer can be viewed here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFweMS-Mj7o

Edited by Dotty1

For some reason I see these people attacking meat as well. But yeah, milk is not good for me.

Well, critisizing meat a bit certainly wouldn't hurt Americans. We definitely need to turn a critical eye to what is on our plates - whether it be a huge plate of "healthy" romaine lettuce smothered in salad dressing, an overfilled plate of nitrogen-filled hotdogs or twinkies. At least it will make people think more.

I hope anyone watching this will realize there is a BIG difference between commercial milk and raw, farm-fresh, grass-fed milk.

Commercial: pasteurized, homogenized, skimmed, fortified, fed antibiotics, rBST, unnatural diet of corn/soy/animal bi-products

Farm fresh: Raw (non-pasteurized/ non-homogenized) whole (non-skimmed) and fed a natural diet of GRASS and nothing else.

Most of the studies claiming diseases associated with milk were done using commercial milk products.

Humans have consumed raw, whole milk for close to 10,000 years without the rampant rates of disease we have today.

I have never sampled raw milk before, so I am interested to know more about it. Also, I am curious: Does raw milk have saturated fat and, if so, how much?

I hope anyone watching this will realize there is a BIG difference between commercial milk and raw, farm-fresh, grass-fed milk.

Commercial: pasteurized, homogenized, skimmed, fortified, fed antibiotics, rBST, unnatural diet of corn/soy/animal bi-products

Farm fresh: Raw (non-pasteurized/ non-homogenized) whole (non-skimmed) and fed a natural diet of GRASS and nothing else.

Most of the studies claiming diseases associated with milk were done using commercial milk products.

Humans have consumed raw, whole milk for close to 10,000 years without the rampant rates of disease we have today.

You are 100% correct. But, 99.9% of the milk that is consumed is full of the crap you mentioned. So that is what this documentary is about I am sure. It is the same thing with meat too. Most of the meat we eat is crap. But, meat is extremely nutritious when the animal is fed correctly.

Oh no! You mean the gallon+ of milk I drink daily that feeds my awesome muscular physique is bad for me? Big deal. I'm a souped up car going turbo for a short amount of time. Better than all you sorry slow Civics!

:razz:

I have never sampled raw milk before, so I am interested to know more about it. Also, I am curious: Does raw milk have saturated fat and, if so, how much?

Lol, of course it has saturated fat. You think that's added or something? Where do you think they make butter from?

If you get it truly fresh, it will have a thick layer of fat on the top, which is quite delicious.

Oh no! You mean the gallon+ of milk I drink daily that feeds my awesome muscular physique is bad for me? Big deal. I'm a souped up car going turbo for a short amount of time. Better than all you sorry slow Civics!

:razz:

You may be souped up but my k swap civic runs Low 11's N/A , bring your viper , ferrari , or porsche out to play muscle man , my civic will wipe that grin clean off :)

Lol, of course it has saturated fat. You think that's added or something? Where do you think they make butter from?

If you get it truly fresh, it will have a thick layer of fat on the top, which is quite delicious.

I had assumed saturated fat occurred in raw milk, but when no one mentioned this draw back, I wondered if it did not have as much as un-raw milk.

I've been studying the effects of saturated fat for a few years now along with studying acne. Within 30 minutes of the ingestion of saturated fat, it enters the bloodstream where it remains sticky in the warm blood and turns the blood fatty. This is a well-known medical occurrence called lipemia. Inside the blood stream, it remains thick like Elmer's glue and it coats the inside of the arterial walls while it is traveling to its desired destination. After 50 years of regular consumption of saturated fat, the build up of plaque on the walls reduces the arteries size by almost 3/4ths their original size. This is called atherosclerosis. It is also known as heart disease. When a blood clot or more saturated fat finally blocks the small arterial opening -if only for a few minutes-, it causes a stroke if it occurs in the brain, a heart attack if it occurs in the heart or organ failure if it occurs in an organ.

Surgeons try to reverse heart disease with open heart surgery by cutting an artery in half and pulling out long noodles of saturated fat with tweezers.

When an autopsy is performed on a victim of a heart attack, the pathologist writes on the toe tag, "Death caused by remnants of saturated fat." He does not write, "remnants of broccoli, carrots and rice." ;)

It is the number one cause of death in America. 80% of Americans die from heart disease. In countries like Japan, where saturated fat is not used very often, heart disease affects less than 10% of the population.

I am not against saturated fat. I just believe it should be used with caution and people should be educated about what they are eating. The dairy industry has poured millions of dollars into canceling courses at educational institutions which saught to educate students on how to avoid heart disease and other health problems.

I believe any foods known for their saturated fat content should be used sparingly.

Edited by Dotty1

I drink upwards of 2 liters of raw milk every day and ya it's got a lot of saturated fat in it.

Which is a good thing.

Because saturated fat is good for you.

That's right.

GOOD for you.

I live on a farm which could pretty much be called an organic farm because we don't give our cows any hormones and none of the milking cows are taking any antibiotics.

Whole raw milk is about 4% fat and most of that is saturated fat. Ina cup of milk (250 ml) you'd have about 10 grams of saturated fat.

Your body needs saturated fat, if you don't believe me, deprive yourself of it for a while and tell me how you feel.

I eat probably close to 1000 calories worth of saturated fat per day (milk, meat, nuts) and i am not worried in the least about any hearth disease.

Edited by ballsoftitanium

I drink upwards of 2 liters of raw milk every day and ya it's got a lot of saturated fat in it.

Which is a good thing.

Because saturated fat is good for you.

That's right.

GOOD for you.

I live on a farm which could pretty much be called an organic farm because we don't give our cows any hormones and none of the milking cows are taking any antibiotics.

Whole raw milk is about 4% fat and most of that is saturated fat. Ina cup of milk (250 ml) you'd have about 10 grams of saturated fat.

Your body needs saturated fat, if you don't believe me, deprive yourself of it for a while and tell me how you feel.

I eat probably close to 1000 calories worth of saturated fat per day (milk, meat, nuts) and i am not worried in the least about any hearth disease.

Titanium, while I respect your opinion, you presented no evidence to contradict the 4 years of reading I've done on the topic of how excessive saturated fat is the cause of heart disease. I am more than interested if you could give a few sources to uphold your opinion.

For example, I would site Wikipedia's article on saturated fat:

"Diets high in saturated fat have been correlated with an increased incidence of atherosclerosis and coronary heart disease." Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saturated_fat

As for telling me to prove to myself that a low saturated fat diet will inevitably make one feel worse and will therefore prove that it is unhealthy: I have been on a very low diet of saturated fat for five years now. I feel the same as I did before the diet.

So, if you don't mind, please explain why a high saturated fat diet is healthy for humans. I am very interested.

Edited by Dotty1

Titanium, while I respect your opinion, you presented no evidence to contradict the 4 years of reading I've done on the topic of how excessive saturated fat is the cause of heart disease. I am more than interested if you could give a few sources to uphold your opinion.

First of all: Dotty, there's no bug on your screen (just making sure you don't sue me for breaking all your flat panels) ;)

OK, let's bring some balance in this discussion:

http://www.naturalnews.com/027865_saturated_fat_health.html

http://www.health-report.co.uk/saturated_f...th_benefits.htm

http://www.jigsawhealth.com/resources/satu...unsaturated-fat

http://naturalbias.com/12-reasons-why-satu...s-good-for-you/

"Diets high in saturated fat have been correlated with an increased incidence of atherosclerosis and coronary heart disease." Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saturated_fat

A quote from the same article: "A 2010 meta-analysis in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition looked at 21 unique studies containing over 350,000 people. They found no association between saturated fat and an increased risk for coronary heart disease, stroke, or cardiovascular disease."

As for telling me to prove to myself that a low saturated fat diet will inevitably make one feel worse and will therefore prove that it is unhealthy: I have been on a very low diet of saturated fat for five years now. I feel the same as I did before the diet.

So, if you don't mind, please explain why a high saturated fat diet is healthy for humans. I am very interested.

I think we first need to determine what is "high" before jumping to conclusions. In my opinion (and from my experience) any natural/raw food when consumed in moderation is good for you. Excessive consumption of anything is not.

Humans are designed to eat lots of saturated fat, primarily from meat and nuts.

We have evolved to need this type of fat, not fat from artificial sources like olive oil but fat from things that we would normally eat in nature.

And the reason i know that raw milk is good for me is because all the authorities are trying to tell me it is bad for me.

Edited by ballsoftitanium

Humans are designed to eat lots of saturated fat, primarily from meat and nuts.

We have evolved to need this type of fat, not fat from artificial sources like olive oil but fat from things that we would normally eat in nature.

That's just an opinion, not everyone would agree with that:

http://www.earthsave.ca/articles/health/comparative.html

http://www.nealhendrickson.com/mcdougall/0...hehumandiet.htm

And the reason i know that raw milk is good for me is because all the authorities are trying to tell me it is bad for me.

I hope authorities will never tell you that you can't breathe under water ;)

I had assumed saturated fat occurred in raw milk, but when no one mentioned this draw back, I wondered if it did not have as much as un-raw milk.

I've been studying the effects of saturated fat for a few years now along with studying acne. Within 30 minutes of the ingestion of saturated fat, it enters the bloodstream where it remains sticky in the warm blood and turns the blood fatty. This is a well-known medical occurrence called lipemia. Inside the blood stream, it remains thick like Elmer's glue and it coats the inside of the arterial walls while it is traveling to its desired destination. After 50 years of regular consumption of saturated fat, the build up of plaque on the walls reduces the arteries size by almost 3/4ths their original size. This is called atherosclerosis. It is also known as heart disease. When a blood clot or more saturated fat finally blocks the small arterial opening -if only for a few minutes-, it causes a stroke if it occurs in the brain, a heart attack if it occurs in the heart or organ failure if it occurs in an organ.

Surgeons try to reverse heart disease with open heart surgery by cutting an artery in half and pulling out long noodles of saturated fat with tweezers.

When an autopsy is performed on a victim of a heart attack, the pathologist writes on the toe tag, "Death caused by remnants of saturated fat." He does not write, "remnants of broccoli, carrots and rice." ;)

It is the number one cause of death in America. 80% of Americans die from heart disease. In countries like Japan, where saturated fat is not used very often, heart disease affects less than 10% of the population.

I am not against saturated fat. I just believe it should be used with caution and people should be educated about what they are eating. The dairy industry has poured millions of dollars into canceling courses at educational institutions which saught to educate students on how to avoid heart disease and other health problems.

I believe any foods known for their saturated fat content should be used sparingly.

Bad thing a recently published study claims otherwise:

http://www.ajcn.org/cgi/content/abstract/ajcn.2009.27725v1

A meta-analysis of prospective epidemiologic studies showed that there is no significant evidence for concluding that dietary saturated fat is associated with an increased risk of CHD or CVD.

If your theory was true this would not happen.

Also, Kitavans eat 20% of their diet as saturated fat (from coconut) yet they don't suffer from heart attacks (or syndrome X diseases).

Why is it that these type of threads always turn into the same crap? This is an acne forum, lets just all keep believing w/e we want about saturated fat, meat, evolution, and unicorns. Keep it for yourself. Post something if it helps acne.

And BTW dotty, websites are not good resources to quote (remember you quoting supporting evidence for long term consumption of HCL from a page that sells HCL, lol).

Lets concentrate on acne and stop these pointless discussions.

And yeah, milk is really bad for my acne.

Edited by venam

I see a lot of claims flying around with no evidence to back up such statements.

Here is my input:

1. While our bodies do need some degree of things like fat and protein, eating tons of it may have disadvantages. A study done with rodents indicated that a diet high in saturated fat and high in cholesterol impaired memory function due to inflammation in the brain. Source

2. A study done on humans showed that those who consumed more saturated fat had an increase on inflammation factors in the body and caused fat retention which can cause obesity. Those who consumed monounsaturated fats (like olive oil) actually showed antiflammatory responses which lowered LDL cholesterol levels. "Consumption of an SFA diet resulted in a proinflammatory "obesity-linked" gene expression profile, whereas consumption of a MUFA diet caused a more antiinflammatory profile." Source

Some here would suggest that the inflammation could contribute to acne?

I'd also like to point out that it is not legal in every state to allow for distribution of raw milk for consumption. One also must consider allergies and lactose intolerance. Most milk is commercialized milk, even the whole organic stuff. So, it's probably safest not to consume it, unless you're an organic dairy farmer who drinks their own raw milk and makes their own cheese and butter.

Venam: No discussion that you can learn from is ever pointless. Diet obviously plays a role in our health and health clearly affects acne. It's important to become educated about such things.

I see a lot of claims flying around with no evidence to back up such statements.

Here is my input:

1. While our bodies do need some degree of things like fat and protein, eating tons of it may have disadvantages. A study done with rodents indicated that a diet high in saturated fat and high in cholesterol impaired memory function due to inflammation in the brain. Source

2. A study done on humans showed that those who consumed more saturated fat had an increase on inflammation factors in the body and caused fat retention which can cause obesity. Those who consumed monounsaturated fats (like olive oil) actually showed antiflammatory responses which lowered LDL cholesterol levels. "Consumption of an SFA diet resulted in a proinflammatory "obesity-linked" gene expression profile, whereas consumption of a MUFA diet caused a more antiinflammatory profile." Source

I'd also like to point out that it is not legal in every state to allow for distribution of raw milk for consumption. One also must consider allergies and lactose intolerance. Most milk is commercialized milk, even the whole organic stuff. So, it's probably safest not to consume it, unless you're an organic dairy farmer who drinks their own raw milk and makes their own cheese and butter.

Venam: No discussion that you can learn from is ever pointless. Diet obviously plays a role in our health and health clearly affects acne. It's important to become educated about such things.

You miss my point. There are better places for such things. As for acne goes, I think you can get the feeling that many in this forum have cleared their acne while eating "a lot" of fat from animals, not the other way around.

BTW, that study on rodents, they changed the diet of the mice really fast (they went from high carn to low carb too fast) and conducted the experiment shortly after it. That doesn't disprove anything they did, I just find the methodology of the experiment weak.

You miss my point. There are better places for such things. As for acne goes, I think you can get the feeling that many in this forum have cleared their acne while eating "a lot" of fat from animals, not the other way around.

But that doesn't mean that there's no people who don't eat meat (or who have limited its intake significantly), they have a place here too. For what it's worth: as far as I know there's only a handful of people on this board who cleared their acne, the majority still suffers from it.

Here is my input:

BTW, that study on rodents, they changed the diet of the mice really fast (they went from high carn to low carb too fast) and conducted the experiment shortly after it. That doesn't disprove anything they did, I just find the methodology of the experiment weak.

There is no better time or place to be educated than the here and now - whether it's an acne forum or a classroom. It doesn't matter WHERE we learn things and use our minds. It only matters that we learn and practice critical thinking.

Your argument is fallacious (cause and effect fallacy). Just because people who consume high fat diets get clear, does not mean that they are clear because they have consumed high fat diets. A lot of the people eating high fat diets also eat less processed carbs and refined sugars along with more vegetables. A lot of the people I've seen on high fat diets are also anti-candida dieters. There is not sufficient evidence proving that a diet high in saturated fat clears acne because there is more than one factor involved in their diets. People can clear their skin without consuming giant amounts of saturated fats. Besides, just because something can clear up some people's skin doesn't necessarily mean it's healthy (accutane for example).

We've been through this. Do you have PROOF it was fast because the study never explicitly stated how quickly or slowly they transitioned the rodents. Also, as I already told you in another thread, they were fed this diet for 8 weeks or 2 months before results were measured - which I feel is typically sufficient time to see dietary developments.