Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've never really noticed that my shyness depends mostly on my acne till just recently. My skin has this tendency to clear up perfectly for a week or two, then get these massive breakouts, then clear up again. Whenever my skin is clear, my confidence is extremely high, but when the breakouts happen...I can't even look up at people because of low self-esteem.

Any other fellow shy people notice that you're 90% more shy when you break out?

Yes. I was clear for a few weeks and my skin was AMAZING but this morning I broke out (I dont know why, I have been so strict on my regimen; can peanuts break you out?) and I dont know how I managed to drive myself to school today. I spent my lunch break (4hrs) hidden away in the library instead of showing my ugly face. I couldn't even muster the courage to eat my lunch in the student union. So i was hungry too. Oh well, at least i caught up in my sociology and political science readings...

Edited by red2528

Stress plays a major role in acne breakouts. Reducing your stress could very well reduce your acne. Shyness contributes to stress.

I use to be in the same boat you were in... worse. I was very shy growing up. Shy like you have never seen before. I got acne around 16 and so the shyness continued. I am about 95% clear now, but I still have acne.

I have chosen to have confidence in myself. Believe in yourself and amazing things will happen to you. In general, no one cares about your acne. The fact that you have acne is not going to make a stranger not want to talk to you. There is nothing wrong with having acne. Most people have it at some point in there life.

If someone is to not talk to you simply because you have acne then there is something wrong with them. Don't be afraid. Go out and show yourself. Hiding yourself is only going to make your acne worse.

Start living life now. Not tomorrow. Now.

I completely relate to what you said. My skin has a similar break-out pattern as you. I'll can be pretty good for a week or two and then it will all of sudden flare up and I'll look awful. When that happens, I don't want to go out or see anyone. I just want to wait until it gets better. My friends get confused because I can go from being very social and outgoing to depressed and introverted quickly, just based on my skin. Its so hard to deal with isn't it?

For me it's more so around new people than my friends. I'm not really shy, but I don't like to draw attention to myself sometimes because of my acne.

I agree with him.. Stress can play a major role in acne.. When I feel so bad and thinking so much of my acne, I'm having breakouts after it.