Notifications
Clear all

Chicken breaks me out - What does it mean?

MemberMember
(@hesitation)

Posted : 01/27/2010 8:45 pm

I think chicken is breaking me out. I tried to introduce it back to my diet and I broke out shortly after consuming it. What does this mean?

MemberMember
(@dotty1)

Posted : 01/27/2010 8:55 pm

That you have a food allergy and that you might have low stomach acid (HCl). I think this because chicken is a protein and common allergies to protein are enzyme or HCl related.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 01/27/2010 9:43 pm

Yeah same here I break out from chicken as well. That's the only protein source I break out from.

Everyone else in my family is able to eat chicken but not me. I remember Lili mentioned (long ago btw) that she breaks out from chicken I wonder if she could give some input as well.

MemberMember
(@venam)

Posted : 01/27/2010 11:03 pm

C'mon dotty, not everything is HCL. I find it strange, but if other meats don't break you out why worry? Eat beef, turkey, duck, pork, buffalo, etc instead.

(Hey, is that organic/free range chicken or industrially farmed chicken? Maybe that makes a difference for you)

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 01/27/2010 11:04 pm

It's not uncommon to be allergic to chicken.

MemberMember
(@john1234)

Posted : 01/27/2010 11:31 pm

It's important to consider how you prepared it. Grilled in a lot of olive oil/ vegetable oil? Fried with lots of bread crumbs? Acne can cause a lot of anxiety about foods. Test it again with a different preparation. You might be surprised that either the food coincided with a breakout, or that the trigger is not the chicken but what you made the chicken in or with.

MemberMember
(@uncle-buck)

Posted : 01/28/2010 12:24 am

It's important to consider how you prepared it. Grilled in a lot of olive oil/ vegetable oil? Fried with lots of bread crumbs? Acne can cause a lot of anxiety about foods. Test it again with a different preparation. You might be surprised that either the food coincided with a breakout, or that the trigger is not the chicken but what you made the chicken in or with.

Yeah, most "chicken" is 40% bread crumbs / soy. Supermarket food is a complete joke.

MemberMember
(@hesitation)

Posted : 01/28/2010 7:06 am

I boiled it myself. Just regular chicken with tons of veggies. Doesn't leave much other options since the chicken was the only new thing I had eaten in a while.... Gonna have to go back on my 6 cans of tuna diet. :(

MemberMember
(@g-town)

Posted : 01/28/2010 7:29 am

Hormones in chicken? Maybe?

MemberMember
(@ballsoftitanium)

Posted : 01/28/2010 12:23 pm

Hormones in chicken? Maybe?

Chicken in your hormones?

Your chicken in hormones?

Your hormones in chicken?

Ok i'll stop now.

MemberMember
(@dotty1)

Posted : 01/28/2010 12:31 pm

C'mon dotty, not everything is HCL. I find it strange, but if other meats don't break you out why worry? Eat beef, turkey, duck, pork, buffalo, etc instead.

(Hey, is that organic/free range chicken or industrially farmed chicken? Maybe that makes a difference for you)

I was not blindly suggesting for her to take HCl without a logical explanation.

If she is truly "allergic" to chicken, she can take an allergy test at the doctor's office and the results could reveal that her body is truly allergic to chicken.

If, however, she isn't allergic to chicken and is suffering from a food sensitivity, which is far more common, that could show that she has developed the sensitivity because her body was not digesting that protein correctly. After many months/years of this, the body learns to react as if the chicken is a foreign invader and her skin breaks out. There are ways to see if this is the case: You can help your body break down the chicken by using HCl or enzymes.

On the other hand, you could be allergic to some of the chemicals injected into the chicken. Many times they are injected with gluten and other stuff.

MemberMember
(@hesitation)

Posted : 01/28/2010 12:48 pm

I'm not a she....

Damn. I think I don't have candida after all. Saying this almost a year into the diet. Funny.

The chicken I eat is pure and contains no hormones. Quality stuff. Nor do I have gluten sensitivity.

Do HCL and Virastop cause an IB of some kind at all, like colostrum? I'm going to be ordering both of them.

MemberMember
(@dotty1)

Posted : 01/28/2010 1:37 pm

HCl didn't cause me to have a breakout at all. I just began clearing up within days like someone was waving a magic wand over me. Bippity Boppity Boo!

MemberMember
(@john1234)

Posted : 01/28/2010 5:16 pm

How did you prepare the veggies?

I boiled it myself. Just regular chicken with tons of veggies. Doesn't leave much other options since the chicken was the only new thing I had eaten in a while.... Gonna have to go back on my 6 cans of tuna diet. :(
MemberMember
(@samesonganddance)

Posted : 01/28/2010 5:24 pm

You may be allergic to that certain protein. Also, do not take HCL without thoroughly studying it and/or determining that low stomach acid is the cause of your acne.

MemberMember
(@chris-6)

Posted : 01/29/2010 3:03 am

how soon after eating it did you notice acne? was this chicken breast without fat or fatty pieces of chicken like chicken thigh/legs

could be:

foreign invaders... lol

fatty chicken grease

hormones in your chicken

chicken in your hormones

omega 6 or polyunsaturated fatty acids in chicken fat

6 cans tuna what about the mercury in tuna and BPA in can linings? that's a lot of mercury to ingest daily if your using albacore or chuck white tuna

most ppl/sites only recommend tuna 2x week to limit mercury exposure

MemberMember
(@necromancer)

Posted : 01/29/2010 8:34 am

I think chicken is breaking me out. I tried to introduce it back to my diet and I broke out shortly after consuming it. What does this mean?

Means you scurred. Bock bock bock!

MemberMember
(@hesitation)

Posted : 01/29/2010 2:16 pm

How did you prepare the veggies?

Made a salad, as always.

how soon after eating it did you notice acne? was this chicken breast without fat or fatty pieces of chicken like chicken thigh/legs

could be:

foreign invaders... lol

fatty chicken grease

hormones in your chicken

chicken in your hormones

omega 6 or polyunsaturated fatty acids in chicken fat

6 cans tuna what about the mercury in tuna and BPA in can linings? that's a lot of mercury to ingest daily if your using albacore or chuck white tuna

most ppl/sites only recommend tuna 2x week to limit mercury exposure

I know about the mercury thing, but I'm not going to be going like this for more than a few months.. I think. The tuna I eat is yellowfin.

I'm not sure how long it took. I suddenly took chicken in my diet and ate tons of it thinking it's safe to do so. I guess it took 3 days or so.

I just remembered something. I think eggs broke me out as well a month or two ago. There could be a connection there.

MemberMember
(@whoartthou1)

Posted : 06/24/2013 5:16 am

Probably the lectins in chickens

MemberMember
(@ribbonettes)

Posted : 06/26/2013 2:34 am

Chicken breaks me out as well :( It was the organic kind too!! .__.

MemberMember
(@whoartthou1)

Posted : 06/26/2013 11:26 am

Chicken breaks me out as well sad.png It was the organic kind too!! .__.

Instantly or after having it for a few days?

Which diet do you specifically follow?

MemberMember
(@ribbonettes)

Posted : 06/26/2013 5:03 pm

Chicken breaks me out as well sad.png It was the organic kind too!! .__.

Instantly or after having it for a few days?

Which diet do you specifically follow?

After having it for a couple days. The paleo diet.

MemberMember
(@righthandman)

Posted : 02/06/2014 4:40 pm

chicken fed soy based feed have higher tissue concentrations of arachidonic acid (and their eggs too), much higher in fact. Arachidonic Acid is a type of Omega-6 that is more inflammatory than Linoleic Acid, which is the more common Omega-6 fat. I also break out from excessive chicken and excessive egg intake. I can eat it occasionally without a problem though. It would be unwise to consume chicken as your only meat, go with grass fed beef or wild salmon.