Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
catrat242

it damaged the second layer of skin?

I went to my derm. a few weeks ago and basically all of my acne is gone, I'm just faced with a heap load of marks and a general uneven skin tone.

I asked her "How come the people who had really bad acne in 8th grade have completely clear faces now, and yet I'm almost in 12th grade and my face looks atrocious?" She said because the acne I had damaged the second layer of skin. I'm not sure if it was just the way she worded it, but she made it sound like the only way to get rid of the marks was through a laser or some other procedure.

Will these marks fade over time? I've had them since 8th grade (I'm in 11th now) and they're still here. Or would medical procedures be my best bet? And which procedure exactly do you recommend?

I had the SilkPeel microdermabrasion done in 8th grade but I don't remember what the results looked like :P

Thank you! (:

Edited by catrat242

Yeah, the marks will fade over time, probably in about 1-2 years. I've had my 'marks' since the 8th grade too, I'm a junior too. I don't have any acne right now actually, just the marks. They've faded significantly from what they used to be, but they're still pretty noticeable. I ordered a 50% glycolic acid peel from Makeup Artists Choice after reading great reviews about it. It might take you longer to achieve the results that you want because you are only supposed to do 1 peel a week. Each bottle (1 oz) comes with about 35-40 peels, some people see results in 3 treatments, others 15-20. It depends on the severity of the marks. Luckily, mine have lightened in color quite a bit. I also have issues with congested skin (tiny clogged pores, blackheads on nose, stubborn tiny 'pimples' on forehead), and I read that glyc. acid is great in purging the skin. You might have an initial breakout because of all of the junk rising up to the surface, but it gets better almost immediately after that. As always, you should wear a lot of sunscreen (while using this product).

Yeah, the marks will fade over time, probably in about 1-2 years. I've had my 'marks' since the 8th grade too, I'm a junior too. I don't have any acne right now actually, just the marks. They've faded significantly from what they used to be, but they're still pretty noticeable. I ordered a 50% glycolic acid peel from Makeup Artists Choice after reading great reviews about it. It might take you longer to achieve the results that you want because you are only supposed to do 1 peel a week. Each bottle (1 oz) comes with about 35-40 peels, some people see results in 3 treatments, others 15-20. It depends on the severity of the marks. Luckily, mine have lightened in color quite a bit. I also have issues with congested skin (tiny clogged pores, blackheads on nose, stubborn tiny 'pimples' on forehead), and I read that glyc. acid is great in purging the skin. You might have an initial breakout because of all of the junk rising up to the surface, but it gets better almost immediately after that. As always, you should wear a lot of sunscreen (while using this product).

Alright, thank you! I will look into that.

So they will fade in time but just a lot longer? My three years isn't enough? ):