Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

some people tell me facescrub is good to get rid of spots, i have mild acne, and im hoping it stays that way, but some tell me dont use face scrub it irritates n causes more breakouts ?

Moved to the General Acne Products board. (Please read the board descriptions before posting to ensure that you are posting on the appropriate board.)

Scrubs can be irritating, and for people with acne-prone skin, that irritation can lead to breakouts. If you have acne, it's important to be gentle with your skin.

Yes, the harsh scrubs are often the kiss of doom for acne-sufferers. I've found a clean, wet washcloth often works better for exfoliation than scrubs. Once in awhile I will break out the St. Ives, and I always regret it.

It depends on how sensitive your skin is and also what type of acne you have. For those with mostly inflamed or cystic acne, scrubs can irritate the skin and make it worse. However, for people who mostly get noninflamed acne (blackheads and closed comedones that have little swelling or redness), gentle scrubs can really help exfoliate the skin.

I am prone to mostly noninflamed acne, with the occasional inflamed spot. I use a gentle silica scrub twice a day with no problems.

But, if you get mostly inflamed acne - I would avoid scrubs entirely.