Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jinjjang

people who know about ingredients....

I was thinking about using this because of good reviews. But can someone indentify the ingredients if they cause irritation or just a bad/good combination with BP. Thanks alot....

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid 2.0% (Acne medication)

Inactive Ingredients: Water, PPG-15 Stearyl Ether, Glycerin, Stearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Betaine, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Oxidized Polyethylene, Cetyl Alcohol, Alcohol, Steareth-21, Sodium Chloride, Behenyl Alcohol, PPG-30, Steareth-2, Fragrance, Menthol, Disodium EDTA, BHT

Whats the name of the product? Fragrances can irritate some people, but generally speaking, you can use SA to exfoliate, but use it before you apply the BP.

This is Clearasil Total Control Deep Pore Cleanser. I was worried about the fragrance and the menthol. But i don't know much about this stuff...

Sodium Lauryl Sulfate is bad, its both irratating and comengenic. However, its down on the list meaning there really isnt a high %, but its really bad stuff. Go here zerozits.com somewhere in the site is a list of ingredents and thier ratuings

First of all, the website you posted barely had any info on the ingredients on the product. Second, I personally think this product could be harsh. It has alcohol, menthol, SLS, and fragrance. Combine those with 2% Salicylic Acid and it = irritation. I wouldn't try it. I went to drugstore.com and makeupalley.com and saw it has REALLY good reviews, but the ingredients seem irritating.

hmm...althought it has good reviews.....i guess it could be irritating. I was worried about the alcohol and menthol.

~JiN*