BP and other issues

Hello every1

well i bought this Clean and Clear 3 in 1 BP exfolater its a blue 5oz tube

however its diff when applying it

it says rinse ur face apply it then wash it

it feels wierd shud i continue using this or go bak to the regular bp

here is the product

i noticed that after using this one my skin becomes more flaky

either because my red skin from before is peelin off or some other reason?

thnx

isnt it the same?

as long as the bp actually gets on and i believe the bp gets into ur pours and it just asks u to rinse ur face to get rid of wats on top

Nope, it's not the same. Having BP on your skin all day means that the BP can continuously be creating an oxygenated environment, which is how it kills the acne bacteria. Wash-off BPs don't have the same effect.

10% BP is much more drying and irritating than 2.5% without being any more effective against acne. If you absolutely have no way of getting a 2.5% BP, you can use up to 5%, but anything higher than that may dry out irritate your skin too much and actually be counterproductive.

From the FAQs:

Q: I can't get a 2.5% benzoyl peroxide. Can I use a higher concentration?

A: 2.5% is best. However, anything up to 5% should most likely be fine, albeit more drying and no more effective. Avoid 10% preparations which will over dry. One exception is when dealing with pimples on the back. The skin in this area is tough and may withstand 10% nicely. If you can find a 10% much cheaper, feel free to try it on the back.

So why not simply use less of a 10% solution? Through trial and error I have found this does not work. I do not know exactly why using more of a 2.5% solution works better. My educated guess would be that when you use more of the product, there is more available to be absorbed into the skin.

Also, just about every store I've ever been to has carried Neutrogena On The Spot in their skincare aisle. That's a 2.5% BP. Perhaps you could look for that next time you're at the store.

Yeah, two differences between Neutrogena On the Spot (N-O-T-S) and Dan's:

- NOTS is a "vanishing cream", but doesn't always completely vanish; Dan's is a gel.

- NOTS comes in a 0.75 oz. tube for around $7; Dan's is much cost-effective.