Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
watchingmash

week 5 and am still completely dry

I am into week five and am getting great results but I am still unbelievably dry. I follow everything exactly and am using the recomended products. cetaphil cleanser and eucerin skin renewal moisturizer. I moisturize at night too. After I put on the moisturizer I look fine. But when I wash my face off, it is unbelievably dried out and there is white residue everywhere. Any suggestions? Will it just take time for my skin to balance out and get used to the amount of BP I'm using? Also, can I moisturize at night with Vitamin E oil, is it non comedogenic? The bottle says suitable for all skin types, but other than that nothing about non comedogenic.

Forgot to add, should I still apply the full amount of BP over skin that is completely dried out and peeling. I mean my skin is almost tearing in some places, but the pimples are almost all gone.

"After I put on the moisturizer I look fine. But when I wash my face off, it is unbelievably dried out and there is white residue everywhere"

You wash your face after you put on moisturizer? That's not what is specified in the step-by-step instructions.

No, I wash with the cetaphil cleanser and pat dry. when I get out of the shower its completely dried out. I then apply the BP, then the moisturizer. I look fine with the moisturizer on over the BP, but its week 5 and I'm still completely dry. Also, can I use vitamin E oil for a night moisturizer, it says suitable for all skin types?

i never wash my face while in the shower as the steam and heat of the water dries my face.. i just wet my face in the shower to remove excess shampoo etc.. wait 15 min then start the regime

there are only two things you can do

1) Moisturize more often. (It wont hurt or get worse to your skin)

2) Reduce dosage of BP. (Must reduce)

Vitamin E lotion or moisturizer are really good to super dry skin. Since it is kind of oily and it does have a slight chance to clog some pores, so dont use too much.

there are only two things you can do

1) Moisturize more often. (It wont hurt or get worse to your skin)

2) Reduce dosage of BP. (Must reduce)