Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Q_P

High fat diet

I am currently on a hypoallergenic diet to test for food intolerances, and was concerned about my caloric intake, so I entered my daily meals into nutridiary.com to check if I'm doing OK. Turns out I'm getting enough calories, but about 45% are from FAT. I eat almost two ounces of raw almonds a day, and about four tablespoons of olive oil throughout the day, and this is where most of my calories come from. Here's what my diet looks like:

http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/708/dietl.jpg

(foods that got cut off: more almonds, carrots, prunes, apples, kiwis)

Does this seem like a healthy balance? I'm still breaking out pretty frequently, and I'm not sure if altering my protein/fat/carb balance would help. Any suggestions on how to alter the ratio if needed would be appreciated, too! NOTE: I've always been underweight (5'1" and 90 lbs), so the total caloric intake is most important to me.

Edited by QuirkyPixy

A lot has been said around here that you can either go higher carb, or higher fat but not both. I think your protein should be a little higher. For me, about an equal ratio of the three (carbs, fats, proteins) is ideal. I like to eat about an equal amount of each in every meal.

A lot has been said around here that you can either go higher carb, or higher fat but not both. I think your protein should be a little higher. For me, about an equal ratio of the three (carbs, fats, proteins) is ideal. I like to eat about an equal amount of each in every meal.

how is your skin doing Drizzler? just curious. I remember the nice pictures you posted about your anti-candida related diet :D Or it was pretty close to that type of diet.

So try without the almonds for a bit, and add more protein? I think I can handle that. I'll pick up some hazelnuts and/or pecans to munch on instead of almonds, and if I can find spirulina I'll eat a bit of that each day in a green smoothie with chia seeds to try to boost my protein intake a bit. Thanks guys!

Any other suggestions would be appreciated! :dance:

how is your skin doing Drizzler? just curious. I remember the nice pictures you posted about your anti-candida related diet :D Or it was pretty close to that type of diet.

Hey, it's doing pretty fantastic. There are a few digestive issues I am still dealing with, and I still get a few pimples on my forehead... I am pretty sure these two are directly intertwined. I have been taking probiotics regularly for a couple weeks, though I was on cipro for almost 6 weeks on and off 2 years ago, so it might take some time.

Ever since I started paleo I consume way more fat than that. For me, I feel best around a 40 fat, 30 carb, 30 protein (or 40 carb and 20 protein, it depends). Can't do that now because I am on anti candida, but that's definitely my "target diet" when I fix my issues.