Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hedgehog88

is lactic peel working?

hello...i did my first treatment of lactic acid on wednesday. while going it i didnt even experience any sting or anything. i left it for 5 mins then wash it off. am i doing it right? shoudlnt first timer feel something??? i no there wont be results after 3-4 peels.

Some people experience a stinging sensation, others do not. I would start with 3 or 4 minutes the first time, and if things go well, then start increasing the time. I would do 7 minutes maximum. It will take you several peels before you see results. It's recommended that you do it once a week for a total of 4-6.

I'm slightly dissapointed with my 40% lactic acid. I bought it about 3 months ago and have used it twice a week but it seems to have made minimal difference to my red marks. However it is a very good exfoliater and it seems to have helped prevent acne, so maybe its not so bad.

No offense, but I wouldn't waste my time with lactic and/or glycolic peels. They didn't do anything for my skin. I didn't even peel. TCA is so much better and you get very good results in just one application. If you want fast improvements, i'd switch to that. My red marks are looking so much better after doing these peels whereas I couldn't even tell the difference when I did a lactic.

it takes at least 3 months to see any major difference. they work for my red marks... but then the marks that i do have now are quite minimal.

i know it is working for me because the intense red mark from two months ago on my nose is fading fast. i am using a 50% lactic acid at a pH2 level about two times a week, sometimes just once a week (currently)... about 2-3 minutes each time. i have not had any breakouts since using lactic acid, i think it helps that my skin is regularly exfoliated. the rare pimples i do get are from stress.

i'd advise to stick with it for longer.

sometimes they can take up to half a year. anyway, i don't think anyone can do absolutely nothing when there are so many options available.

what happens is, after 3-4 months the red marks will be much much fainter and you will have a nicer skintone. if you are clear when you begin, you will probably remain clear most of the time.

lactic acid didn't give me pimples since i've started. it also dried up the tiny ones i get from stress. it's not meant to work as well as TCA, but i like how relatively safe and easy it is to use as frequently as i want.

Some people experience a stinging sensation, others do not. I would start with 3 or 4 minutes the first time, and if things go well, then start increasing the time. I would do 7 minutes maximum. It will take you several peels before you see results. It's recommended that you do it once a week for a total of 4-6.