Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
amnesiac

My acne scars pictures to see if i get help

My horrid acne scars

Well my skin feels smooth to the touch but i have acne scars wich are pretty bad and horrid looking. These are recent, 2-3 months ago, they are still plenty red, more then the pictures.

I want to make them less apparent and help remove them. My other cheek has only one and it's the same type of scar. I am 20 years old, male.

I want to treat them now since a scar is a lession it is best to treat it while it is still a wound.

I am going to take a semester off of college wich is 6 months, i plan to spend all this time charging up my credit card with anything i need to help my scars.

As of now i am going to have micro at my esthi, i know it doesn't do much but it's already payed for. I also am using TCA complex for my marks and texture. I am going to do my second TCA complex a day after my microderm, then the day after i am going to apply copper peptides to where my scars are.

Is this safe to do? or how should i go about the TCA, peptides and micro?

Also should i use regular CP serum or super CP serum?

What are other methods for my scars?? I know about cross but no one does it here where i live. I will go to derms and other people that offer scar removal to see what they offer. What would you reccomend i just avoid in my case??

Thanks!!

You have ice-pick type scars. In my opinion, punch grafting for deeper scars followed by dermabrasion may be your best bet. You may need another round- punch graft for areas that didn't respond to dermabrasion followed by second dermabrasion- to see best results.

I agree with keithcky. Your scars look like they would respond very well to the TCA Cross treatment. Try to find a reputable doctor to do this procedure for you.

Since your scars are new and your skin is still healing, before trying anything radical, like strong acids or surgery, go to a pharmacy and ask for a good scar gel/cream. It will help a lot. And keep in mind that scars require some time before they mature and when they mature they look much better. And don't forget taking your daily vitamin supplements.

Guest ObiWontonKenoli

Yep..let your scars heal first (the red marks I mean)...and once they go back to the natural skin color (meaning red marks are all gone), then you can try doing the TCA Cross.

Don't spend too much money on 2000 dollars laser yet...very rarely I want to encourage people to do this.

how would i know if a doctor performs TCA cross??

Wich doctors usually perform this procedure??

I am going to start applying copper peptides to the scars since it may help them heal and produce more collagen.

I didn't think they were that bad that i had to consider dermabration sad.gif

other possible procedures for scarring: laser resurfacing, smoothbeam laser treatments, needling, etc, have a look at the faq of this website, but people mainly suggest tca cross for ice pick scars.

Microdermabrasion is manual exfoliation. TCA Peels are chemical exfoliation. I would not do them at the same time. I would wait a while (however long it takes for your skin to recover from one of them) after doing one of them, before you do the other.

Copper Peptides are a topical product that you can apply to your skin a few days after these procedures. Copper Peptide Serum can break you out, and the Super Serum contains Salicylic Acid which is a chemical exfoliator. I would not use the Super Serum in combination with your other planned treatments. I think that would be over processing your skin. Ouch!

I think that your icepicks are fairly shallow and agree with others that TCA CROSS would be the best mode of treatment for this type of scarring. Perhaps you could travel to a Dermatologist who does it if you are planning on running up your credit card bill anyway? Of course, that's up to you.

how would i know if a doctor performs TCA cross??

Wich doctors usually perform this procedure??

I am going to start applying copper peptides to the scars since it may help them heal and produce more collagen.

I didn't think they were that bad that i had to consider dermabration sad.gif

i've been calling around and no one seems to do TCA, i'll keep trying tough

I ordered the exfol serum and copper peptides and i am going to do these before my micro-dermabration, 2 days after the micro i'll do the copper peptides to stimulate collagen production and proper healing. Can i do this?

i'll ask my esthi when to do the peel after the micro.

I am fairly dissapointed to learn that acne scars can be made less noticeable not removed sad.gif

Also i live in Puerto Rico so i may have a hard time with someone performing TCA cross. Most derms here do laser and microderm and peelings but these methods aren't that good for icepick scars, still i got a few appoinments lined up to get opinions on treatments.

I am going to print out TCA reports and load up on info so i can see if the derms can look into it.

do derms usually perform TCA cross??

PD.

OursFan- you a fan of the band ours?

I totally agree - they are absolutely incredible! It's great to hear someone here say that. :mrgreen: I would definitely say I am one of their bigger fans. If you haven't yet, you should definitely check out a live show. smile.gif

I have oily/acne prone skin and hyperpigmentation. I have recently started using copper peptides, CP serum from skinbiology.com.

I have only been using it for about 5 days, along with the exfol serum.

I have definately noiced that my skin is getting better.

It is softer and more hydrated, it is not breaking out.

the pores are not as clogged.

I think my hperpigmentation is fading too, but gradually.

Everything breaks me out, so time will tell, but so far I am quite pleased.