Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
annih

Eyelashes, whiteheads

I ´ve been on accutane for almost 5 months now, I´m not breaking out anymore but I still have a lot of whiteheads and also some "bumps" in my skin that wont go away. My derm says I probably have to stay on accutane until my skin is smoother and the whiteheads have disappeared.

But the problem is that they seem to be underneath the skin, I can´t see how they would be able to go away? They don´t seem to dry out at all although the rest of my skin is really dry.. Has anyone else had this problem?

Also I loose A LOT of eyelashes, 4-5 everyday. Has anyone else experienced that? And did the eyelashes grow back? If so how long did it take for them to grow back?

Sorry about my English, I´m from Norway.

Thanks /really worried Annih

I ´ve been on accutane for almost 5 months now, I´m not breaking out anymore but I still have a lot of whiteheads and also some "bumps" in my skin that wont go away. My derm says I probably have to stay on accutane until my skin is smoother and the whiteheads have disappeared.

But the problem is that they seem to be underneath the skin, I can´t see how they would be able to go away? They don´t seem to dry out at all although the rest of my skin is really dry.. Has anyone else had this problem?

Also I loose A LOT of eyelashes, 4-5 everyday. Has anyone else experienced that? And did the eyelashes grow back? If so how long did it take for them to grow back?

Sorry about my English, I´m from Norway.

Thanks /really worried Annih

What was your dose for each month?

My dose : Month 1 30 mg Month 2 40 mg from month 3 until now 50 mg.

I only weight 50 kg.

Also I must have been tired when I wrote my question yesterday; I meant BLACKHEADS not whiteheads. the blackheads are quite big and as I said seem to be almost underneath the skin so they are impossible to squeeze. My derm tried to get them out with a needle but couldn´t get rid of all of them. That´s why i can´t see how the accutane could get rid of them?