Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grind

Stool softening acne friendly food / suppliment

As most of us here are on super low carb / virtually no carb diets, what do you do to make sure you are ‘regular’?

For the past 20 days I’ve only been going to the toilet about once every 3 days or so. And as my only carbs im getting are from potatoes on the odd occasion, and fruit, I take it this is not enough fibre for a comfortable and regular stool?

Today I think I tore a bit of skin, and caused what’s called a Fissure, as it was quite painful to pass and there was a bit of blood. It says it’s caused by a sudden change in diet (lack of fibres etc) and or constipation. Well both of those apply. And it says to fix it up you need to first and foremost include ‘bulk’ foods and more fibre into the diet and it will fix itself soon enough.

Where can I get fibre that isn’t in bread / rice / pasta / etc?

As most of us here are on super low carb / virtually no carb diets, what do you do to make sure you are ‘regular’?

Where can I get fibre that isn’t in bread / rice / pasta / etc?

I don't think most of us are on super low carb diets and you get fiber from real, whole plant foods like broccoli, sweet potatoes, lentils, oats, etc.

I take Benefiber. Comes in these pre-measured packs, just stick it in your bottle of water and shake it, can't taste a thing.

Go with what alternativista suggested. Maybe up your water intake and if this helps to no avail take a soluble fiber supplement such as psyllium or glucomannan. Exercise will also help.

For several months, I took Resveratrol (dose 1-2g I believe) and it worked very well to keep me regular and soft almost everyday. If it wasn't so expensive I might continue to take it just for that effect alone.

fiber supplements are a no no, there's no chance of being able to find anything that modern here.

Broccoli and avocado

Great posts guys, i followed the above. eating oats now in the morning and nuts and seeds etc. works well. although messed up my weight loss because of the carbs. i'll have to get the balance right. all this stuff is so difficult !

also i think the milk & honey with the porridge oats in the morning isn't helping my skin at all. i dont know how else to eat it as i can barely stomach the babyfood type texture unless it tastes good