Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rafs

Regimen and the sun

Well, here in Portugal insn´t very hot ( 15C) but it´s very sunny ...

Can i catch some sun without protection, like i used to do when i didn´t started the regimen? Any problem?

Well, here in Portugal insn´t very hot ( 15C) but it´s very sunny ...

Can i catch some sun without protection, like i used to do when i didn´t started the regimen? Any problem?

I can't say anything from experience seeing as how I haven't begun using AHA yet. However as far as I have read all over the boards and the rest of the site... use caution if you do go out in the sun without an SPF sunscreen. AHA can make your skin quite sensitive to the sun and you could burn in even as little as 10 minutes of exposure. But everyone is different and you may not burn if you keep your sun exposure brief! but I would consider using some sunscreen!

I am doing the Regimen, but only the 3 products, not the AHA!

Sorry about that! I assumed AHA! ;)

Personally, I would still use sunscreen though, or at least wear a hat if you are in the sun for an extended period of time. It really depends on how easily you burn! Also it depends on how well your skin is reacting to the BP. I'm sure if you only step outside for a few minutes though you will be fine. However sunburn is damage to the skin, and this can cause breakouts.

From the FAQ's.

Q: I like to lay out in the sun in the summer. Is this OK?

A: We needn't view the sun as an enemy. We get our vitamin D through the sun, and it just plain makes many of us feel good. However, if you get too much sun exposure, you can damage your skin. While trying to get rid of acne it's important to prevent sun damage. As your skin repairs itself from sun damage, this process can cause a breakout to ensue. A breakout can occur about two weeks after overly exposing your skin to the sun.

Too much sun is better than too little... you are at a much greater risk of developing MORE diseases versus getting no sun and only having a chance of getting skin cancer.

With that said, don't go tanning for 3 hours. For MOST people about 15 minutes of daily sun exposure a day is sufficient. If you live in a northern climate then it is necessary to take a vitamin d3 supplement. Vitamin D3 is the most important vitamin for our bodies! And the best source is the sun! :cool:

By the way, another question, for not open another thread.

I ´m using the Regimen ( Cleanser + BP + Moisturizeur at day, and Cleanser + BP at night)

Could be enough for clean my acne? It´s now my 4 week, and i see some improvements, a lot of places are clean, but there are always growing some pimples in my skin ...

I know i have to be patient but i am only asking if the treatment that i´m doing is enough ....