Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SKguy

My Multi-Vitamin

It is called Multi+ Daily Trim from Genuine Health. I have heard about people using the Multi+ Daily Glow (also by Genuine Health) which helped their acne, but this was on sale at the time. Besides, I compared the too, and they are basically the same. This seems to be a great multi-vitamin! And I think I may like it better as it has green tea extract in it - and green tea is known to help detox! ...So I figured it was a win-win, right?

Anyway, I'm just wondering if this is a good enough multi-vitamin to take. Any help would be great, thanks! Here's what it has...

Two (2) tablets contain:

Camellia sinensis: Green tea extract supplying 690mg catechins, 90% polyphenols and 40% EGCG 1150 mg

Vitamins:

Vitamin A (palmitate) 7,500 IU

Beta Carotene (pro-vitamin A) 2,500 IU

Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) 150 mg

Vitamin B1 (thiamine hydrochloride) 25 mg

Vitamin B2 (riboflavin) 25 mg

Vitamin B3 (niacinamide) 25 mg

Vitamin D (cholecalciferol) 400 IU

Vitamin E (d-alpha tocopheryl acetate) 100 IU

Vitamin B5 (d-calcium pantothenate) 25 mg

Vitamin B6 (pyridoxine hydrochloride) 25 mg

Vitamin B12 (cyanocobalamine) 50 mcg

Folic acid 500 mcg

Biotin 25 mcg

Minerals:

Calcium (dicalcium phosphate, HVP* chelate) 100 mg

Magnesium (oxide, HVP* chelate) 50 mg

Zinc (HVP* chelate) 10 mg

Chromium (HVP* chelate) 200 mcg

Selenium (HVP* chelate) 50 mcg

Manganese (HVP* chelate) 2 mg

Iodine (potassium iodide) 0.1 mg

Vanadium (HVP* chelate) 25 mcg

Molybdenum (HVP* chelate) 25 mcg

Copper (HVP* chelate) 1 mg

Other ingredients:

Microcrystalline cellulose, croscarmellose sodium, stearic acid, magnesium stearate, aqueous coating.

*HVP = Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein (rice)

I take the recommended dosage (2 a day) every morning with breakfast (usually just 2 pieces of toast with peanut butter). I have noticed that this makes my urine VERY yellow all day - unless I seriously drink like 3 gallons of water. Could that be the green tea extract detoxifying my body, or is it just all the vitamins going right through me?

The bottle says "lose weight, maintain health & prevent illness" So, I'm thinking maybe if I don't get that good of results, I could call Genuine Health and hopefully get a refund! They always seem to stand by their products and claim "Guarantees your satisfaction or your money back" so I'm sure me and them could work something out? Well, I dunno, guess I'll find out if the time comes to it.